HeineSnow Art Related??

HeineSnow

Omni Ace
Base Commander
Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
Just curious if you have already modeled the whole thing would Kern be able to import it and use it as a headstart on modeling the omnimek? Great work btw.
if you mean basic block model, then yes i had finish that part. XD
The rig side was way more messier, to be use for animation just yet. But work fine with posing XD

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Thank you! Usually a proper model will take a longer time to complete, since this was a doodle and wasn't constrain by the modelling principle. It took about 6 hour to make a no UV map model and poseable rig build.
Very cool. How long would it take if you wanted the UV map model and poseable rig?

HeineSnow

Omni Ace
Base Commander
Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
Very cool. How long would it take if you wanted the UV map model and poseable rig?
few days to complete the UV map, as for poseable rig that depend on how many type of rig we're using. I believe there is specific rigging guideline to follow. :)

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
It looks awesome and I can tell you put a lot of work into it, but to be honest I think the gun is WAY too big. While yes I realize that Ember is just a game, I still personally like my games to have a solid basics in real life physics. Anything fired out of a gun that size would blow the omni over in the opposite direction. Do remember that the omni is not heavy, it is made of lightweight materials. I think if you reduced the weapon barrel size by ~50% it would be far more practicable. That is of course merely my own opinion.

HeineSnow

Omni Ace
Base Commander
Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
It looks awesome and I can tell you put a lot of work into it, but to be honest I think the gun is WAY too big. While yes I realize that Ember is just a game, I still personally like my games to have a solid basics in real life physics. Anything fired out of a gun that size would blow the omni over in the opposite direction. Do remember that the omni is not heavy, it is made of lightweight materials. I think if you reduced the weapon barrel size by ~50% it would be far more practicable. That is of course merely my own opinion.
Thank you! <3

I tried...but my inner me tell me that it could hold a lot more heavier stuff :)

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Thank you! <3

I tried...but my inner me tell me that it could hold a lot more heavier stuff :)
Nah I totally get that. Just remember for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, the larger the calibre of the "bullet" fired, the more mass you need to counter the backfire. The omni is designed to be super light so it can fly and be maneuverable, it is not really meant to house an artillery piece. With that said this is my only criticism, it really is a kick ass design.

Mar 18, 2017
Those chains are going to be a real problem rendering anywhere in the game (what are they attached to?), I wonder if it's situational art.
The chains like NanoTechnican said could be free floating, or go though small wormholes, to somewhere else, where they are being controlled from by their masters.

The chains like NanoTechnican said could be free floating, or go though small wormholes, to somewhere else, where they are being controlled from by their masters.
though it will be a total pain rendering them if they are non-textures/particles, meaning if they are full modelled, it could end in some huge lag problems on lower-tech pcs

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
could have an extendable barrel or resize option for looks, personally like the over the top stuff its all super :D