Handguns?

Oct 3, 2016
Call me a fan of using hand guns ,and since I hear we are getting out of mechs every once in awhile for different actions ,a idea hit me .

Remember back in Firefall where doing certain actions would cause you to be defenseless moreless (could not defend yourself vs anything) , Since this game is about mainly sideways progression than just straight upgrades ,why not add handguns ,that let you shoot foes while doing other actions (yes it would slow the action progress, but not entirely stop it) so if repairing your mech for instance (if that's a thing) and a random enemy comes behind you ,you could wipe out the handgun to shoot them or at least make them take cover rather than having a easier clean shot at you (so moreless a two handed gun would not be able to do this or at least less effiencily )

Think this would be a decent idea or a rather dumb one?

Sep 27, 2016
It depends on how the game will look but if you're Pilot of a mech, then why shouldn't we have Pistols or maybe SMGs for selfdefense?

Oct 3, 2016
well I thought about SMGs ,and concluded people would almost ALWAYS pick those due to they would most likely have better stats in a general sense (PDWs on other hand would maybe be a mix between them)

From what I gathered so far we have a robotic buddy ,a exo suit type mech thing ,and a lot of no direct upgrades (which I do prefore rather then being told Nope you do not have enough (insert thing that means power level here) )

Jul 27, 2016
I've never been a big fan of sidearms in Firefall and I'm still not (I reserve the right to change my mind once I've seen the beta version of Ember).

If the mechanics are the same as Firefall, we'll have two weapons to use: One main and one secondary. This, to me, is plenty. If for some odd reason we find ourselves without a battle frame, I don't see why we couldn't use the same weapons, assuming they are not integrated into the frame or too heavy to use without the assistance of the frame.

Oct 3, 2016
I've never been a big fan of sidearms in Firefall and I'm still not (I reserve the right to change my mind once I've seen the beta version of Ember).

If the mechanics are the same as Firefall, we'll have two weapons to use: One main and one secondary. This, to me, is plenty. If for some odd reason we find ourselves without a battle frame, I don't see why we couldn't use the same weapons, assuming they are not integrated into the frame or too heavy to use without the assistance of the frame.
well I am saying If we have to do actions that normally leave us defenceless to any attacker this would be cool to have

Well, if they want to put in several different vehicle-types that we hope into, besides our frame, it will be interesting to see how they'll handle the process and how will it look and feel (control-wise, too) when we're on foot.

I've already written suggestions for what the player could do outside of their frame and I may have even written stuff about weaponry, but I admit that it would be just added work for developers to design weapons for both the frame and for our character and the latter may not even be necessary, unless we were required (or merely given the opportunity) to leave our frame for another vehicle, outside the safety of an established base. So not switch vehicles, in a rad garage, but out on the field, with a chance of rain and rampaging kaijus. We got to have some form of self-defense, outside the frame, but then, people will want to hop out to run and gun on foot.