Halloween Update, Omniframe customization and Moving To New Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
Reminds me a little of Code Geass
WTF when did they give those things wings?
In any system like this, player's can create anything cool or anything that's an eyesore. Hard to control what they mix and match. However, heavy styles will only work with heavy frames, and light styles will only work with light frames.
What i wanted to know was if the upper arms are a part of the shoulders or the lower arms? I'd favor the latter, simply for aesthetics.
iirc, in rising forces online the robot's shoulder armor dictated the upper arms as well and honestly it looked like shit most of the time.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
What i wanted to know was if the upper arms are a part of the shoulders or the lower arms? I'd favor the latter, simply for aesthetics.
iirc, in rising forces online the robot's shoulder armor dictated the upper arms as well and honestly it looked like shit most of the time.
I SECOND THAT SH*T. PREFER THE LATTER AS WELL.

Astro

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
I'm thinking that since Mark specifically called it the "lower arm", that the "upper arm" is a part of the shoulders. Otherwise I imagine he would have just said "arm".

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
I'm thinking about modifying that light mek pattern, for something with like a jump pack to go high in the air and then fall right in the middle of the battlezone, causing a huge splosion on impact, a high mobility assault oriented mek.
I'd love to be able to shout "strike from the skies brothers!" while landing on those xenos Tsihu and going hand to hand with these bastards.

I'm gonna pimp my mek.

Naku

Terraformer
Jul 26, 2016
It's a shield, baby. We're gonna have shields on the heavy.
2 questions then:
1)IS this shield optional? As if, can i choose to equip somethign else in its place?
2) You DO realize that if you give Bison shield, you have no choice but to also give it hammer, right? (or at least chainsaw sword...)

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Um.... @Grummz, as much as it pains me to say this, I am very disappointed in you. Where is the aggressive navel in the kitty picture!!!! But yes otherwise awesomesauce here, really looking forward to watching Joe model the omniframe. ;)

(but seriously, would have preferred aggressive navel over forgetting to wear a bra)

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
I really hope that the attributes of each is balanced better then "the other game". what Im saying is that while it is true that MOST like to go heavy, there are quite a few of us that like the quickness & hit & run, that said most games do not balance properly.

A "true" sniper class weapon should be able to take ANYTHING out 1 shot "if" hitting the correct spot, but this does not regularly happen. on the heavy side though they nearly ALWAYS take out a small by spitting at them & "kinda" hitting them.

As a small I have no issue going down with a single hit from a heavy, but if a small cannot take a heavy down with shot after shot.... why bother. there's no fun in that.

now the response from the heavy pilots is typically "well then get a heavy" this is not my point, there should be a balance & realistically a small shouldn't go up against a heavy but it happens, that said there should be firepower enough in a small to make a heavy think about taking on a small.

now if the weapons are going to be a great disparity then there should be something to compensate for firepower indifference. how? well my thought would be reload speed as one that comes to mind.

that's just my thoughts as im sure you've guest I always have liked the long range fast types.
for those of you that remember mechwarrior bushwacker was one of my favorite frames.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Since there is no PvP in Em-8ER, frames will be balanced for fun vs the computer AI, not for fairness against each other. This is part of what makes Em-8ER much easier to balance, faster to produce, and more fun in PvE.

I really hope that the attributes of each is balanced better then "the other game". what Im saying is that while it is true that MOST like to go heavy, there are quite a few of us that like the quickness & hit & run, that said most games do not balance properly.

A "true" sniper class weapon should be able to take ANYTHING out 1 shot "if" hitting the correct spot, but this does not regularly happen. on the heavy side though they nearly ALWAYS take out a small by spitting at them & "kinda" hitting them.

As a small I have no issue going down with a single hit from a heavy, but if a small cannot take a heavy down with shot after shot.... why bother. there's no fun in that.

now the response from the heavy pilots is typically "well then get a heavy" this is not my point, there should be a balance & realistically a small shouldn't go up against a heavy but it happens, that said there should be firepower enough in a small to make a heavy think about taking on a small.

now if the weapons are going to be a great disparity then there should be something to compensate for firepower indifference. how? well my thought would be reload speed as one that comes to mind.

that's just my thoughts as im sure you've guest I always have liked the long range fast types.
for those of you that remember mechwarrior bushwacker was one of my favorite frames.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Um.... @Grummz, as much as it pains me to say this, I am very disappointed in you. Where is the aggressive navel in the kitty picture!!!! But yes otherwise awesomesauce here, really looking forward to watching Joe model the omniframe. ;)

(but seriously, would have preferred aggressive navel over forgetting to wear a bra)
I need to remember this...

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
WTF when did they give those things wings?

Correction: As it stands now, the shoulder pad and upper arm are one and the same. I guess I don't understand the issue you are describing? Have any examples of how this leads to bad aesthetics?

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
In all the years of firefall, I don't remember a single duel anywhere that had a mammoth beating recon. I agree with balance but you are coming across heavily in favor of light weight, not balance.

But looking deeper I think you are talking about survivability. Speed, mobility and talents to end a fight quickly with firepower vs sit and dole out medium damage while absorbing hits.

Nothing will be perfect to each individual's perspective based on their bias with play styles. There will always be an existing meta but putting faith in Grummz&team to get the job done and always be attentive to the community for tweaks is where we need to be right now. They have given all they need so far to earn the trust of us fans. This is an important topic, just too soon to have it. Let's have something to play first so we can critique accurately instead of cautioning the professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.