Graphics card & Computer blabber for Em8er

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Would it be good to have one bigger nvme drive with everything on, or another drive ?

Also could 2 nvme drive affect the graphics card because it is using pci slot and would it be better to use a sata ssd drive instead for the other drive ?

Last edited:

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Personally, I'd use a 3TB HDD for mass storage. They're about $100AUD and would suffice for all your documents, music, videos, as well as games and programs where speed isn't a factor. Just make sure your case has a 5.25" bay and you get a SATA data cable for it. Your PSU should come with a SATA power cable.

Didn't see the motherboard in your recent list, but an M.2 drive won't interfere with your graphics card unless the heatsink (which yours has) is too big. That drive is 8.6mm thick, which should be around the size of the socket it plugs into, which should be fine.

Edit: I'd also echo @Skube's point on upgrading your PSU to 850W if you can swing the cost. A higher wattage PSU will future-proof against upgrades, and they only use as much power as they need anyway. If you don't intend to upgrade, then it's sufficient and has a 10 year warranty.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Thanks for the advice and think i'll most likely stick with the psu.

A question, if you had the choice of a 2tb hdd or 2tb external ssd hard drive at similar cost which would you choose?

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
That makes more sense. Depends on what you'd prefer. HDD will provide more storage, an SSD will be faster, takes up less room and is quieter. I have 4.75TB in my machine and still only 2TB is full (backups of Chief Chat videos and my YouTube recordings mostly).

You can always save space by uninstalling games you don't play (or not downloading until you're ready to play). A 1TB SSD would be fine, and you can always pick up another later if need be. They're more energy efficient than HDDs too.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Thanks finally the build is done and testing out the Em8er demo 1.3.3, can finally put all at high setting capped at 144fps, which looks much better than my previous build struggling to get that.

1684524483390.gif
I am Em8er Ready lets gooo!