Got banned from the Firefall Forums for Spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
I don't know why they call angry players Salty. Isn't that just another way of saying they are a Seasoned player who is speaking from having actually experienced the shit storm Red5 created?

By saying you are Salty is like validating your anger.

When The9 gives you the ban hammer, you reach back and hit that mutha with our Pimp Cane.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
If it makes you feel any better, a lot of us are refugees of their forums anyway. I tried to update my profile that I was headed to the Ember forums, and it auto-muted Ember as part of my comment. So I had to edit to say Crixa instead, which makes me believe that they're really, really just doing it to be fucking petty at this point.

Jul 26, 2016
Switzerland
darkcisum.com
Can you really blame them? With all the constant spam some member of this community were bombarding the Firefall forum? Like pretty much every thread (in the General Discussion section) had a link to the petition and how Firefall is dead. Add to that the PM spam to every Firefall forum member.

Jul 26, 2016
Can you really blame them? With all the constant spam some member of this community were bombarding the Firefall forum? Like pretty much every thread (in the General Discussion section) had a link to the petition and how Firefall is dead. Add to that the PM spam to every Firefall forum member.
Frankly whoever owns Firefall at this point can't blame their players for longing for better shores.

The game abandoned it's players, not the other way around.

Jul 26, 2016
Switzerland
darkcisum.com
Frankly whoever owns Firefall at this point can't blame their players for longing for better shores.

The game abandoned it's players, not the other way around.
That's a different issue though. Casually discussion something vs spamming the same text and link all over the place. Since they don't have anyone being paid to properly moderate the forum anymore, adding a filter is the easiest and least time consuming option. The downside is unfortunately that normal discussions are affected by it.

Ammara

Jul 26, 2016
That's a different issue though. Casually discussion something vs spamming the same text and link all over the place. Since they don't have anyone being paid to properly moderate the forum anymore, adding a filter is the easiest and least time consuming option. The downside is unfortunately that normal discussions are affected by it.
They're not paying moderators, and naturally won't be funding someone to modify how the servers work.

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
lol, i just logged in my FF account and there was an alert for ember in my inbox...i really hadn't logged in my FF account in weeks...rofl

Jul 26, 2016
well hello there buddy. welcome to the new toxic filthy casuals club
Well, I would hope I'm not falling into the toxic category. But the simple fact of the matter is that the game has been abandoned. The server is running, but there is no support and no development (actually I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why the server is up)

Jul 26, 2016
Well, I would hope I'm not falling into the toxic category. But the simple fact of the matter is that the game has been abandoned. The server is running, but there is no support and no development (actually I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why the server is up)
Perhaps it's prepaid or The9 is trying to sell Red5 stock to a sucker or two and if the server is down, their chances of selling it will be horrible.

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
Wish they'd just sell the rights to all the content they already had created years ago but never used, the version from Closed Beta, the version we played on the Red5 trip to CA and so on to a company that was actually capable of putting out a non-shit show version that is free of The9's fucktard ideas.

Aug 18, 2016
Alabama
That reminds me of a forum for a certain laser manufacturer that is also Chinese. The laser are overpriced, underspec crap. You get banned if you say anything bad about them.

Jul 27, 2016
The server is running, but there is no support and no development (actually I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why the server is up)
It's not that hard to figure out. If the game is still running then they still have money coming in when people buy things. Investors want to maximize any return they can get for this at this point. If server is cheap to leave running then it's low maintenance from their end.

Jul 27, 2016
That reminds me of a forum for a certain laser manufacturer that is also Chinese. The laser are overpriced, underspec crap. You get banned if you say anything bad about them.
Noticed this seems to be the norm with censerist countries and their companies. They can't take the crap even if it is true so they erase it and ban the offender and hope it goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.