Not open for further replies.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The previous version has to stay up for those that haven't purchased a pack allowing them access to the newest builds...but...have a Patron Subscription.
Ah thanks overlooked that :oops:

Weapon energy UI bar is too similar and to close to jetpack energy
its confusing - which leads to not even look at this UI bar
The energy and shields do look similar a slight colour difference maybe they could make the shield bar more blue then the energy can be as it is.

Perhaps have an alternate option such as this so the icons could be subtle and yet still noticeable to be part of the reticule.
reticleandstat.jpg

Another thing could be to have writing within the bars so lets say that when you see your health bar its green, and as you take more damage the words with in the bar fade as you health goes down. So it would have health with in those bars like this, but in the current way if that makes sense? healthbar.jpg

ScorpyX

Deepstriker
Jul 29, 2016
i mean this.. one bar is jetpack - another is plasma cannon
guess which ui bar belongs to which feature

UI bars.png

Im not saying that it is required whole UI Overhull right now
Many UI design technics can separate it more clearly

i think weapon energy just can have separate UI design
for example most simple way is - to change bar visual design
maybe solid unbroken line will be better for visual separation

UI bars2.png

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Some bugs, further lead on from the previous demo as it seems all those are still relevant.

- Weapon range is really odd. At about 100 metres, you can no longer do damage with the assault rifle or plasma cannon. Video linked.
- The demo carried my settings from the previous demo over initially. However, I noticed that the resolution in the game was still set to 1024*768 despite displaying in 1920*1080. When I clicked Accept and Okay, my mouse sensitivity changed back to 3.5 from the 1.2~ it was. I checked the Config folder, everything had been replaced at exactly the same time. When the demo was closed, it replaced all the files again with any changes I made. No issue after that.
- I mentioned this in the previous demo but I'll add the video here. This is one of the issues people may encounter, as well as a fix and a potential culprit. Likely related to the above issue.
i mean this.. one bar is jetpack - another is plasma cannon
guess which ui bar belongs to which feature
I standby my comment on all ammo counters being on weapons so there is one consistent place to look.

On a side note, it would be really nice to log into the demo without being immediately attacked by tsi-hu.

Last edited:

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Just to be sure I am downloading the right one, the one I can't connect to is;
"AI Demo - The Tsi-Hu finally fight back! Our first build with the start of functioning AI!"
The previous version has to stay up for those that haven't purchased a pack allowing them access to the newest builds...but...have a Patron Subscription.
Not sure why the AI Demo is still there for Newcomers. It's about 5 releases back now (from mid-March!). Patrons can access up to the Chat Demo. Backers have the GliderTune demo.

If you're still having issues, do try the Chat or Glider builds (whichever you can access, Glider is later) or a different server, as sometimes they do go down for an indeterminate amount of time.

Nov 22, 2019
i know its just a demo and rough is to be expected, but when i played the last build "glider tune client" i didnt feel like i was part of the character. it was like i was somehow disconnected from it like i was playing through a vm or something

oh and the chat was really REALLY lagged, think like 5 minutes to get what i typed to appear

ibton

Forerunner
Aug 7, 2016
Sweden
I've been on the more quiet side of the community lately, but coming back checking out the last demos once in a while. The first thing I noticed today when trying the new gliding build was not necesarily the gliding, but rather the audio. Now I don't know if this has been mentioned before in discord or such so pardon me if I missed it. But the audio in game is coming directly from the sources and into the camera frame. Which means that the mech also has its audio source. Depending on where in the camera frame you have the mech (left/right) all sound effects from moving or shooting seems to be panned to either direction. Gliding however, centers the audio because of mech being centered in vision.
I'm just thinking about if I spend countless hours in the game, I'm pretty sure my left/right ear would die eventually.

Loving the improvements to the game so far though after coming back from some time away! :)

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
ScorpyX joined the game. o7 Two sets of Tsihu were spawning at the same time and minutes apart. IMO the TsiHu are much smarter than the Chosen ever were, each battle requires multiple strategies. In one battle I go from air-strafing to ground assault to areal surveillance to air-to-surface missile. The maneuverability of this MEK is so much fun. Looking forward to the upcoming terrain improvements, and hopefully bases to defend & secrets to unlock. Although I am enjoying the current terrain so I hope there is a place for it in future releases; the many varied hillocks provide an interesting game mechanic of duck & shoot, and the Tsihu use the terrain well.

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
I am enjoying very much the Tsihu AI, and the maneuverability of the MEK. More often than not I find myself gliding a few feet off the ground to ambush a Tsihu patrol from around the hillocks and giant shells. I also enjoy hovering above a patrol, firing missiles, and double-S back to get out of firing range while they blow up.

Just a random thought - what if the Tsihu, in addition to grappling hooks, also had some sort of energy drain that could disabled my glider for 1 to 2 seconds. Maybe 1 out of 4 patrols has one Tsihu with such a device. That would change up my tactics and add a bit more excitement to the encounters. ;-)

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
I just thought to mention that I've never encountered a grappler and have no idea what that mechanic is like. Something would have to change to keep them alive, indicate them (color?), telegraph more, or something. Maybe for testing purposes have an invulnerable grappler that dies only on a timer.

All other movement has to be addressed, because I can't judge gliding in the context of movement in general. Is gliding slow because boosting is stupid? Is gliding strange because falling is the wrong speed? I can't know these things right now.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I just through to mention that I've never encountered a grappler and have no idea what that mechanic is like. Something would have to change to keep them alive, indicate them (color?), telegraph more, or something. Maybe for testing purposes have an invulnerable grappler that dies only on a timer.

All other movement has to be addressed, because I can't judge gliding in the context of movement in general. Is gliding slow because boosting is stupid? Is gliding strange because falling is the wrong speed? I can't know these things right now.
Cannot miss those with yellow on their body they only do grappling stuff when your in the air and nothing when your in the ground for the moment.

You do get some sound cue that sounds like someone is swinging a rope and the visual cue of the tsihu swinging the grappler and after launching the grappler in your direction giving a bit of time to react.

I'd imagine there could be different ranks of grapplers some more experienced than others maybe they will react faster or have certain abilities than your standard tsihu foot soldier hmm.

Movement that makes me wonder how the new glider update phase 2 is going to be like. Hope they will make it much more better with the feel of gaining speed and how it handles even under different weather conditions for the future etc etc

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
Cannot miss those with yellow on their body they only do grappling stuff when your in the air and nothing when your in the ground for the moment.

You do get some sound cue that sounds like someone is swinging a rope and the visual cue of the tsihu swinging the grappler and after launching the grappler in your direction giving a bit of time to react.
Never seen them, a grapple on me or another, or heard anything..

I've been in a livestream, I'm on the right server with the right people. Grapplers aren't a thing. I have absolutely no idea what people are talking about.

This is why they need to be changed. I can't test what I can't experience.

They are a fundamental part of the movement experience, and we're supposed to be commenting on movement.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Never seen them
That's bizarre Sy. I see them all the time. Every group of rifts seems to have a few of them at least. They don't really try to grapple you unless they know you're there, and they move to get close enough to do so. You should also see an "Enemy Lock" message at the top of your screen if one is trying to take you down.

grappler2.png

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Never seen them, a grapple on me or another, or heard anything..

I've been in a livestream, I'm on the right server with the right people. Grapplers aren't a thing. I have absolutely no idea what people are talking about.

This is why they need to be changed. I can't test what I can't experience.

They are a fundamental part of the movement experience, and we're supposed to be commenting on movement.
They don't really try to grapple you unless they know you're there, and they move to get close enough to do so
As linadri mentioned or you are taking them out fast and they have no chance to respond.
Another thing i have noticed sometimes when the tsihu are clustered in the portal the grappler do not do anything!

Here are images of each server tested today

pacific.jpg
Pacific server (The annoying grappler with its orange grappling line)

Europe.jpg
EU server (this particular area grappler was hidden since they were clustered together in the portal)

USA.jpg
US server (Yet again that annoying grappler with its orange line)

Could try the usual such as:

- Finding a different part of the map for the tsihu to spawn and see if it is the same?

- Could try different servers?

- Reinstalling the demo and deleting the older one's to see if that helps in anyway.?

- Have you tried changing the visual settings in demo has that made a difference?

- Have you updated your graphics driver or could you revert back to the previous to see if that helps ?

grappler.jpg
Grappler hanging around not in the grappling mood on ground!

Not sure if that helps hope you are able to see the grapplers ingame i am looking forward to the phase 2 update hope more things will be fixed on that version!

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
I see them all the time.
Oh, is that what the constant "enemy lock" means? It's always been such a thing that I thought it was me just being a regular attack target. I tune it out.

They aren't differentiated enough to me, even in that screenshot they look the same to me. I definitely wouldn't care in combat, and absolutely not in flight. If grappled, I'd just be suddenly surprised that I lost control of my character and frustrated at the game. No, I've never been grappled. I guess my style of play completely removes that game element.

Graphics passes will likely resolve visibility, but I'll keep this in mind.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Oh, is that what the constant "enemy lock" means? It's always been such a thing that I thought it was me just being a regular attack target. I tune it out.

They aren't differentiated enough to me, even in that screenshot they look the same to me. I definitely wouldn't care in combat, and absolutely not in flight. If grappled, I'd just be suddenly surprised that I lost control of my character and frustrated at the game. No, I've never been grappled. I guess my style of play completely removes that game element.

Graphics passes will likely resolve visibility, but I'll keep this in mind.
They do look kind of similar apart from the yellow markings, perhaps in the future they will have different armor and hold something different and could be much more dangerous in numbers too!

For the moment staying on the ground or at a distance works great :D
I think the lasso cue sound and grappler could be improved for sure such as if the lasso sound could have more of an energy type sound, at the moment it sounds like a rope lasso and when it fires the sound could pick up the volume as the grappler line comes closer towards you.

What if the A.I actually mentioned Grappler Detected Imminent threat

Status
Not open for further replies.