Gatestriders (Crixa) Discussion and Hype

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
Anyone who wants to discuss how they think the system will or should work, has ideas for premade tables, stats, etc share your ideas with the rest of us here and have some fun!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What if it was a few games in one such as:

- There is a more story driven side using additional prop sets and story cards. 1668046367616.jpeg
E.g. Copacabana map

Survival game, the board levels go up with 3 levels ground/underground, upper floor and sky.

1668046982758.jpeg
Going higher means using jetpacks on the sky levels for some parts/props there could be better spots for cover.
if your hit at higher altitudes there could be more damage from fall damage!.

Ways of escaping
+ Finding a gateway
+ Getting to a dropship before overwhelmed or the dark mist consumes the map etc
+ Using vehicle to go across boarder if any are revealed.

1668047534534.jpeg
vehicles can carry other vehicles such as a big space truck!

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
What if it was a few games in one such as:

- There is a more story driven side using additional prop sets and story cards. View attachment 5510
E.g. Copacabana map

Survival game, the board levels go up with 3 levels ground/underground, upper floor and sky.

View attachment 5511
Going higher means using jetpacks on the sky levels for some parts/props there could be better spots for cover.
if your hit at higher altitudes there could be more damage from fall damage!.

Ways of escaping
+ Finding a gateway
+ Getting to a dropship before overwhelmed or the dark mist consumes the map etc
+ Using vehicle to go across boarder if any are revealed.

View attachment 5512
vehicles can carry other vehicles such as a big space truck!
Personally, I don’t plan to play with this elaborate of a physical map. It takes far too much time to prepare that when you play as a fun hobby.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Personally, I don’t plan to play with this elaborate of a physical map. It takes far too much time to prepare that when you play as a fun hobby.
This is the common thought for a hobby approach. All campaigns I played in this never happened. But when I DM’d a campaign, I bought large styrofoam ball, carved out the inside, cut platforms and such for break away areas during the final fight. Used toothpicks to hold it together until things needed to fall.

But back to your point, I did something like that for only one battle. Tile sets may be pricey but take care of a lot for a campaign. Lol

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
when I DM’d a campaign, I bought large styrofoam ball, carved out the inside, cut platforms and such for break away areas during the final fight. Used toothpicks to hold it together until things needed to fall.
That could depend what kind of campaign someone would do and how big the map is etc
Some may want to play a quick game to pass some time while others want to be captivated by the mega campaign and ponder more to return back at a later time to continue where they left off.

A friend who would just watch usually took a picture of where everyone's position was and what they had.
That way if the game was packed away and returned after some weeks, they could continue without leaving a mess especially if the table was used a lot.

Suppose some things could be made using 3d printers while other stuff created with some good imagination @Mahdi stylish platform!