Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What kind of events can we have?

Since the beginning of civilization dolls have been beloved by children and cherished by collectors, used in religious rites as conduits for good and evil!

Quoted in the film Annabelle

This made me think what if in Halloween the children in the sky tower all had their dolls or toys missing.
Some how they are scattered around in the tower and some on Em8er planet surface. Locating each one comes with a cryptic messages when all dolls are collected and returned all pieces of the cryptic messages forms a document to the lair of the oldest Kaiju where you must place a relic back in its procession so that portal is closed until the next Halloween !

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I lost my Rabbit doll, can you please find it for me. I dropped it in Base [ID not found]

WTF. YOU TELLING ME I SACRIFICED A BASE JUST TO BLOW UP A F*CKING DOLL?

(NARRATOR: Torgue should really learn to stop skipping every dialogue after "Rabbit" and read the entire mission)
but they are

Aug 14, 2016
What about a Blood Moon or Hunters Moon event? The Hunters Moon is the next full moon after the Harvest Moon and happens some where between September and October. It is the last full moon before before winter sets in making hunting for food much harder. So it is also the last massive hunt of the year with people hunting not only all day but all night too using the light of the full moon to see in the dark.

The Blood Moon refers to a total lunar eclipse because a fully eclipsed Moon often takes on a reddish color. This often takes on a different meaning to people when also happens on a Hunters Moon.

So what about an event where we have to hunt for things in the dark only using the moon and maybe a flashlight to see. But for this to work we need a game where the nights are actually dark. Like how it was in the early days of FireFall when trying to fight at night was hard because you couldn't see pass your flashlight and hard to relay on sound and SIN radar to find things your light was not pointed at. It also made having a Recon player or two in the area really helpful because of the SIN Beacon can be used to highlight and mark every enemy in the AOE range of the beacon.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
What about a Blood Moon or Hunters Moon event? The Hunters Moon is the next full moon after the Harvest Moon and happens some where between September and October. It is the last full moon before before winter sets in making hunting for food much harder. So it is also the last massive hunt of the year with people hunting not only all day but all night too using the light of the full moon to see in the dark.

The Blood Moon refers to a total lunar eclipse because a fully eclipsed Moon often takes on a reddish color. This often takes on a different meaning to people when also happens on a Hunters Moon.

So what about an event where we have to hunt for things in the dark only using the moon and maybe a flashlight to see. But for this to work we need a game where the nights are actually dark. Like how it was in the early days of FireFall when trying to fight at night was hard because you couldn't see pass your flashlight and hard to relay on sound and SIN radar to find things your light was not pointed at. It also made having a Recon player or two in the area really helpful because of the SIN Beacon can be used to highlight and mark every enemy in the AOE range of the beacon.
Something similar to this is probably already on the drawing board. Grummz has said often in early chief chats and updates he loves the idea of nighttime being extra intense. Lighting, sounds and nasties being all included. Even though it is intended to have longer day cycles than night ones, he has plans to make night much more fun.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Something similar to this is probably already on the drawing board. Grummz has said often in early chief chats and updates he loves the idea of nighttime being extra intense. Lighting, sounds and nasties being all included. Even though it is intended to have longer day cycles than night ones, he has plans to make night much more fun.
WHEN YOU SEE A PLAYER NAMED RIDDICK RUNNING AROUND, YOU KNOW NIGHT TIME GONNA BE REALLY F*CKY.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2016
Smuggling ‘prisoners’ seems to be a good idea of a nighttime event. *wink* *wink*

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I was thinking of what would likely be a random (approximately monthly) event, where a space-time anomaly tears a rift near the planet, putting the entire orbital platform and lockdown, and on the surface, driving all the kaiju into a killing frenzy. Small rifts would open on the surface, now guarded by a ravenous, uncontrollable horde of kaiju only, some now modified with phaseshifting abilities.

You'll be required to clear the surrounding area near these rifts, call in a modified THMPR and protect the unit until the rift is stabilized.

Win Scenario: Timer elapses and rift is closed. Resulting blast of energy incapacitates small kaiju and fears larger kaiju. Resources pulled by the THMPR from the other side of the rift are shared with participating players.
Failure Scenario: THMPR is critically damaged and rift pulses violently. Operators within the radius have shields, gliding, jetpacks and abilities deactivated temporarily, and armour sundered by 50%. Rift increases speed and attack of nearby kaiju, and increases the chance of projectiles phasing through them dealing no damage.

Reasoning for these rare anomalies would be related to either experiments or jump drives of that mysterious and very powerful race that I have forgotten the name of.

Aug 14, 2016
I was thinking of what would likely be a random (approximately monthly) event, where a space-time anomaly tears a rift near the planet, putting the entire orbital platform and lockdown, and on the surface, driving all the kaiju into a killing frenzy. Small rifts would open on the surface, now guarded by a ravenous, uncontrollable horde of kaiju only, some now modified with phaseshifting abilities.

You'll be required to clear the surrounding area near these rifts, call in a modified THMPR and protect the unit until the rift is stabilized.

Win Scenario: Timer elapses and rift is closed. Resulting blast of energy incapacitates small kaiju and fears larger kaiju. Resources pulled by the THMPR from the other side of the rift are shared with participating players.
Failure Scenario: THMPR is critically damaged and rift pulses violently. Operators within the radius have shields, gliding, jetpacks and abilities deactivated temporarily, and armour sundered by 50%. Rift increases speed and attack of nearby kaiju, and increases the chance of projectiles phasing through them dealing no damage.

Reasoning for these rare anomalies would be related to either experiments or jump drives of that mysterious and very powerful race that I have forgotten the name of.
The funny think is that is part of the reason All Hallows Eve, or as we call it today Halloween, exist in the first place. If I remember right, in the old days it was believed that the barrier between our world and world of the dead was weaken at that time of year with tears / portals between the worlds allowing the spirits of the dead and other things to cross over into our world. Part of the reason for things like putting lights up all over the place and dressing up in scary masks / costumes is to try and scare away the evil spirits by tricking them into thinking they the made a wrong turn somewhere and entered a different part of hell. Good spirits had nothing to fear form things like demons because their job is capture the evil spirits. This was back in a time when demons was also seen as being on the side of good, like how Cerberus and his siblings only attacked evil spirits and people while ignoring good spirits and people. Although in modern times those ideas have changed with people seeing things like demons and Cerberus as evil themselves rather than beings doing the jobs of jailer, warden, and reformer of evil spirits.

But yes, having odd rifts in spacetime open up at that time of year is very much in line with the old belief systems. History and culture are fun.

Last edited:

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I would love to see bleedthrough events, where from time to time patches of the Tsi-hu side of reality merges with our own to create some twisted landscape in which everyone has to fight.

The bleedthrough area's would be one of the only ways to get resources specific to the Tsi-hu reality which would be required to craft high end Tsi-hu modules. Much like thumping near the meld however, thumping in these bleed area's can garner the attention of some very very nasty things.

In addition new environmental hazards can appear, gravity itself might be fluid between the patchwork realities which would play havoc with anyone attempting to fly around. These events would happen most often near the edge of the teraforming boundaries.

To make things even more interesting the mergers can be themselves fluid, area's overlapping and then untangling themselves as time goes on. You can be fighting in a jungle and suddenly find yourself fighting in a rubble strewn freeway and a minute later back in the jungle.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
I would love to see bleedthrough events, where from time to time patches of the Tsi-hu side of reality merges with our own to create some twisted landscape in which everyone has to fight.

The bleedthrough area's would be one of the only ways to get resources specific to the Tsi-hu reality which would be required to craft high end Tsi-hu modules. Much like thumping near the meld however, thumping in these bleed area's can garner the attention of some very very nasty things.

In addition new environmental hazards can appear, gravity itself might be fluid between the patchwork realities which would play havoc with anyone attempting to fly around. These events would happen most often near the edge of the teraforming boundaries.

To make things even more interesting the mergers can be themselves fluid, area's overlapping and then untangling themselves as time goes on. You can be fighting in a jungle and suddenly find yourself fighting in a rubble strewn freeway and a minute later back in the jungle.
The only constant is change.

Places where spacetime anomalies and where spacetime itself is warped odd things happen. For example in places where spacetime is stretched the distance between object grows. So if you was standing near a rock and didn't move you would see the rock move away from you. In truth nether you are the rock are moving but the space around you is growing as it scales up. And the reverse would happen if spacetime is compressed.

So what a place where the size of things just randomly scale up and down? That is the only way I could think of in a game to have it feel like the space between people and objects was changes without making the play area itself change size. After all to me, walking over to the other side of a room would only take a few steps but if I was scaled down to say the size of an ant how many steps would it take? The play area is still the same but because my size scale changed it now seems much larger. It would make the phase "fighting for inches" take on a different meaning when an inch now feels like miles to you because everything was scaled down really small to give the illusion that space itself is growing.

A random zone that is like this. lol

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Definitely got to craft them all!

I am in agreement with some crazy sound effects too :cool:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I had an idea remember the film king kong where he is climbing the tower and clinging onto the lady
think of a kaiju but with some device that the kaiju wants to get to the highest point so that the frequency can transmit and turn the citizen of em8er into mindless zombies :O
Stopping it would involve careful attacks as not to destroy the building or comms tower otherwise you could lose communication to the base and map function.

If you lose the citizens are turned into mindless zombies and the longer the frequency continues the more are on the kaiju's side.

If you win the kaiju is gone and the device too if you somehow retrieve the device before it is destroyed can use it against the kaiju until the rare power source runs out.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
The only constant is change.

Places where spacetime anomalies and where spacetime itself is warped odd things happen. For example in places where spacetime is stretched the distance between object grows. So if you was standing near a rock and didn't move you would see the rock move away from you. In truth nether you are the rock are moving but the space around you is growing as it scales up. And the reverse would happen if spacetime is compressed.

So what a place where the size of things just randomly scale up and down? That is the only way I could think of in a game to have it feel like the space between people and objects was changes without making the play area itself change size. After all to me, walking over to the other side of a room would only take a few steps but if I was scaled down to say the size of an ant how many steps would it take? The play area is still the same but because my size scale changed it now seems much larger. It would make the phase "fighting for inches" take on a different meaning when an inch now feels like miles to you because everything was scaled down really small to give the illusion that space itself is growing.

Players can change size relative to the map

the map itself can add or remove elements (aka my example of a jungle becoming a freeway etc)

The gravitational constant could change in specific regions, causing you to crash down hard if flying or suddenly fall up into the air and loose control etc.

The terrain itself could change, slowly fading in and causing your omniframe and your character to die if your inside a solid surface when it finishes materializing

platforms can appear and disappear

oceans of caustic sulfur dioxide can flash in and out of reality.

etc etc...just about anything you can think of, imagine trying to navigate a maze that constantly changes walls while fighting against the Tsi-hu while tumbling around from floor to floor...suddenly you come out into a room with a lake of acid below you only for everything to spin upside down and the lake crash down on top of you unless you find cover under a steel floor pannel that may or may not disappear...oh and again all while fighting Tsi-hu.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Players can change size relative to the map

the map itself can add or remove elements (aka my example of a jungle becoming a freeway etc)

The gravitational constant could change in specific regions, causing you to crash down hard if flying or suddenly fall up into the air and loose control etc.

The terrain itself could change, slowly fading in and causing your omniframe and your character to die if your inside a solid surface when it finishes materializing

platforms can appear and disappear

oceans of caustic sulfur dioxide can flash in and out of reality.

etc etc...just about anything you can think of, imagine trying to navigate a maze that constantly changes walls while fighting against the Tsi-hu while tumbling around from floor to floor...suddenly you come out into a room with a lake of acid below you only for everything to spin upside down and the lake crash down on top of you unless you find cover under a steel floor pannel that may or may not disappear...oh and again all while fighting Tsi-hu.
sounds exciting and dangerous !

Aug 14, 2016
What about an epic battle that takes place in the astral plane or in cyber space? Where we are not limited by the normal rules of the game. Like we are fighting a monster with a lot of psychic powers and physical attacks don't real work on it until we break its mental focus or make it drain all its power. Or what if we have to fight something like an enemy A.I. that is trying to take over or destroy the internet, it has no physical body to start with so have to fight it within computers by playing a game or even linking our minds to the computer/internet. Because in places like that if I want to have infinite ammo or blow up a whole planet or galaxy nothing can really stop me as it is no going to effect the physical world, much, it gives us an excuse do crazy things.

For example, if I wanted to have epic battle with all mechas at once where they are all fighting with one mecha inside the other mecha like an awsome mecha turducken fighting giant boss in hopes of breaking all its layers of defense. We can do that. I want to have a battle like this.

Aug 14, 2016
What kind of a game do you think Em.8ER is? D&D...Cyberpunk...wait...

What kind of a game do you think Em.8ER is? Shadowrun?
What I'm thinking is there is 2 main types of mini-games in games. Ones that still follow the basic rules of the main game and those that follow s different set of rules from the main game. And in both cases if you don't want the mini-games to feel out of place you have to explain and/or present in a way that still makes sense for the game you are in that doesn't break game immersion. And one easy way to allow for mini-games that follow a different set of rules from the normal game is by having the setting of that game place inside of things like dreams, astral plane, cyber space, or some other reality/dimension.

Em.8er is a sci-fi game that takes place in a future where Humans mastered space travel and can make rifts in spacetime by uses of the gates to travel faster than light. There is also a different faction of Humans with technology able to make a whole planet disappear within a matter of seconds. And there is an alien race on the planet named Em.8er that use a lot of biological technology and are somehow able to cross rifts in time it seems. Are you telling me in a plot like that - that there is no such things as simulators and video games or that with all the these different rifts in spacetime that one doesn't lead to maybe a different dimension?

Aug 14, 2016
Also I would like to point out that although a lot of people use the terms dimension, cosmos/universe, and reality interchangeably the fact of the matter that they are mean different things. Granted there is some overlap in them all of them, but they all mean slightly different things.

Take dimensions for example.