Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Here Ronyn:

You seem to take offense to meme videos.
I want to be clear here. This has literally nothing to do with what does or does not offend me personally, this is a simple matter of enforcing the rules of the boards. The rules of the forum are purposefully lenient. The goal is to let people express themselves as freely as possible within reason. We have no interest in "political correctness", "safe spaces" or acquiescing to anyone's hypersensitivity at how open or closed the rules are. At the same time that is not a welcome mat to use any and every term or phrase that may cross someones mind. Note that ad hominem and personal attacks are expressly forbidden in the rules. All uses of purposefully or unintentionally derogatory terms based on any group (race, religion, sexual orientation, or handicap) as if they are, in themselves, somehow synonymous with a negative trait fall under that heading. Realistically there are quite a few other (and more accurate) ways to express the sentiment you were after.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I want to be clear here. This has literally nothing to do with what does or does not offend me personally, this is a simple matter of enforcing the rules of the boards. The rules of the forum are purposefully lenient. The goal is to let people express themselves as freely as possible within reason. We have no interest in "political correctness", "safe spaces" or acquiescing to anyone's hypersensitivity at how open or closed the rules are. At the same time that is not a welcome mat to use any and every term or phrase that may cross someones mind. Note that ad hominem and personal attacks are expressly forbidden in the rules. All uses of purposefully or unintentionally derogatory terms based on any group (race, religion, sexual orientation, or handicap) as if they are, in themselves, somehow synonymous with a negative trait fall under that heading. Realistically there are quite a few other (and more accurate) ways to express the sentiment you were after.

Not trying to get into the controversy.

Just giving a +1 for wording.

Jul 27, 2016
Not my problem some people get a hard-on for me.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
I blame the excruciatingly large influx of narcotics-addicts at the start of 2008 for all of these fold-under-pressure 'victim complex'es and psychotic delusions of persecution festering around

People seem to think that the whole world is out to screw them or something :p

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
I haz miss censorship? I reserve the right to be offended at a later date. If I was the recipient of something offensive, my ADD will protect me.
Yup, the video keeps getting removed. It's a clip from a TV show. I'm pretty sure if it's on american TV broadcasting then it's approved content. otherwise if so many people were offended it would be pulled... because we live in PC culture.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Yup, the video keeps getting removed. It's a clip from a TV show. I'm pretty sure if it's on american TV broadcasting then it's approved content. otherwise if so many people were offended it would be pulled... because we live in PC culture.
Another 'murican that thinks 'murica is the only nation on this planet?

Status
Not open for further replies.