Friday Update - Tsi-Hu in Progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Enjoying this one. They are for sure more angry looking than the Chosen. Looking forward to the varying kinds and their different weaponry. I do have a question, will they be able to use the grappling hook on us, once they have us, can they shape shift for an even more ferocious pull?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I have a feeling this Tsi-hu is going to be fast it will be able to ice skate with its bladed feet this is already in preparation for xmas
...but that is my hypothesis :cool:

ooh and its knees it could do a 360 spin and double knee 2 things at once or maybe it could damage as it kept running kneeing someone with its high knees and athleticism hmm

Biz

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 30, 2016
Hmmm... feet from the first knee joint down look all wrong, like someone cut their real legs off at the knee and replaced them with a horribly misshapen prosthesis that terminates in two pairs of clogs.
Elbow spikes feel like its too long, the kind of long that will casually stab the wearer and hinder hand movement.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
How is that dude going to run with all those knees!

Looking forward to the beast!
I don't know for sure @PIghead Elderberry but, maybe it'll mean they can run much faster than we humans can ... :eek:;):D

Tsi-Hu are looking pretty cool so far!
I'm really interested to see on the actual models how much of their body will be organic and how much will be inorganic! :cool:

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Hmmm... feet from the first knee joint down look all wrong, like someone cut their real legs off at the knee and replaced them with a horribly misshapen prosthesis that terminates in two pairs of clogs.
Elbow spikes feel like its too long, the kind of long that will casually stab the wearer and hinder hand movement.
My only problem with the model is that, it looks abit like they were wearing some mechanical version of the Santa's elf/Gnomes shoe or slipper.
View attachment 1092

But beyond that it looks great.
You'll have to add me to the clog camp. They do look a like he's wearing some wooden shoes. Perhaps they were left behind by a Dutchman when the time loop sucked some Earth artifacts through a shoe-worm-hole effect

clogs.jpg
Is this the first sighting of a Tsi-Hu in diguise on our HOMEWORLD!

Sound the sirens of doom!

GFox

Veteran
Jun 24, 2017
I think you forget about center of weight. It looks weird how this thing can walk. Only like a dog i think.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
The legs kinda remind me of the Hork-Bajir from animorphs, and xenomorph heads. Looks like they would take long loping strides and be pretty quick on their feet. I'm already visualizing fluid, pumping runs, something similar to the movement of the raptors from Jurassic Park.

Looks good.

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
You'll have to add me to the clog camp. They do look a like he's wearing some wooden shoes. Perhaps they were left behind by a Dutchman when the time loop sucked some Earth artifacts through a shoe-worm-hole effect

View attachment 1093
Is this the first sighting of a Tsi-Hu in diguise on our HOMEWORLD!

Sound the sirens of doom!
Some Rick and Morty level shenanigans right there...

"Come on Morty you gotta put-BURP-put on these clogs, quick! Hurry up Morty they won't attack us if we look like them and they identify each other by their f-BUUUUURP-feet! Hurry the F*%& up Morty stop lookin for laces they're F*^&ing CLOGS you just put them ON Morty!"

Jul 28, 2016
I think you forget about center of weight. It looks weird how this thing can walk. Only like a dog i think.
Exactly, while I dont like the legs at all, we have to remember these guys shapeshift into 4 legged beasts. Look at the leg form of dogs and cats, they have almost the same form not as horizontal but they are double jointed on the hind legs. Standing up the Tsi-Hu are on their hind legs.

Remember the Alien that Wil Smith chased in MiB, same legs type too. I dont like the look but I get why they are that way.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Alright! We took a break from texturing the humans to start working on the shape-shifting Tsi-Hu. These aliens have 2 forms: a humanoid form for ranged combat, armed with rifles and grappling hooks, and a beast form for hand to hand combat.

Joe will be streaming the beast modeling process on Sunday here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSieVxJhO1EbiRVn3XfYerA

[UPDATE: Stream is Sunday 6pm to 8pm PST!]

Meanwhile, Alejandro has put about 5 hours into this VERY rough sculpt of the Tsi-Hu humanoid. Check out this rough WIP!

After the Tsi-Hu are modeled, we only need the guns and the Kaiju made and we are set for all the character art assets for the playable mockup!

Thanks for reading!
I have to agree with those who say the spikes are too long, I'd say they need to shrink by about 50% in order to actually be useful for fighting. Also what about putting some claws at the ends of its fingers?

And um...*cough* cute butt...

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
not sure if there going to be functional, but I really do like the double knees. I dont think ive ever seen anything like that in the past anywhere

DarkDobe

Deepscanner
Jul 10, 2017
Petawawa, ON
The model is looking fantastic, to be certain! Definitely getting Chosen vibes (and Firefall flashbacks in general from the work).

I want to ask, though: Is there a reason you guys are going with a bipedal route when you could get far more extravagant with alien designs?

Perhaps a strange thing to nitpick but seeing all this talent and a fresh IP I can't help wonder why not push it a little past humanoid? Something like the Shivans from Freespace isn't such a big stretch but far more 'alien' at a glance - example here:

I appreciate that sticking to bipedal shapes makes a great deal of things simpler and more approachable - there's definitely benefits to the approach - just wondering if there's more to the decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.