First person Demo - FEEDBACK THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2020
Last edited:

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
Ultimately I'm really not liking the fundamental floating/flying gameplay style. I hope that play has to be built-for by player modules, and that I can opt out and stay on the ground much more. I intend to play as an engineer-type, so that's the style that it will require.

The missiles are not satisfying; they are way too fast. They need to begin slow, moving up the arc and giving a nice trail. Then I suppose they can go faster and be "more realistic".

Tracer rounds would help add more solidity to the shooting. There was some advice from a member of Discord on how to make it look good even if switching to first-person mode, which I had re-posted to the forum in the past. This style of "seeing yourself shoot" is much the same as the smoke trails visual above.

I love sliding. I hope it is built-upon for either momentum for jumping, flying, melee or the like. Dodging while sliding to do a roll would be rather unique but.. probably not realistic.

Last edited:

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Bug Find: we're seeing different dropships but the physics is there for both. Basically Fae and PTJ could see a drop ship going by that I couldn't see...but...if shot I could see the smoke/dust of impact. I could see a drop ship and shoot it that they couldn't see. Although you can get bumped and thrown by the drop ship you don't see...lol.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Bug Find: we're seeing different dropships but the physics is there for both. Basically Fae and PTJ could see a drop ship going by that I couldn't see...but...if shot I could see the smoke/dust of impact. I could see a drop ship and shoot it that they couldn't see. Although you can get bumped and thrown by the drop ship you don't see...lol.
I'd like to add that Fae and I had the same color Omniframe while wyntyrs was different. Fae and I could see the dropships wynter could not, and vice versa. Wondering if this has anything to do with the color of your Omniframe you get when signing in? We were not able to confirm this hypothesis as we 3 were the only ones in the discord voice chat at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.