First Milestone Shipped and Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for understanding. I have an idea for a frame look and some gameplay for you. It won't be getting rid of the Omniframe, but it might go a ways towards making you like the way its set up. I hope.
Well, I'm weird. I'm both easily pleased and nit-picky as hell, at the same time.

But, I already talked about it in the Omni-frame thread, how one simple alteration can make me like the whole mech-thing. Which would be the covering-up of the cock-pit. As an option! I emphasize. :) As an option, for those who want to cover the chassis completely. You guys wouldn't even have to make any extra bits or remove anything. Just add a full chassis, really. *shrug* Though I know next to nothing about how difficult designing something like that would be, I'd wager it wouldn't be too difficult and it would go a long of making me and a few others, be able to identify with our frames, even though the human-element would be completely covered. Personally, from that point, it would be easy for me. I'd just think VanDread (if you know that anime) or Transformers and boom. My problem is gone. :) (You're probably wondering how I could identify with a Transformer...well, I have a few original characters, I made up for Transformers: Prime and one of them is basically me. As abrasive. As impatient. etc...)

Are you going to start a thread for the gameplay-thing?

Aug 2, 2016
Oregon
Easy solution for MattHunX would be to allow a pilot to bolt a reinforced armor plate over the cockpit and have a non-seen screen on the backside that goes offline as soon as the cockpit seal is broken when the pilot climbs out. In my head the reinforced armor plate reminds me a LOT of Deathwing's armor chin.

Thank you for sharing the process Grummz. It is always good to know the process but no more breaking your back please.

Very excited that there is another fundraiser in the works. I love the temporal phasing idea you are pursuing and can't wait to see more.

Easy solution for MattHunX would be to allow a pilot to bolt a reinforced armor plate over the cockpit and have a non-seen screen on the backside that goes offline as soon as the cockpit seal is broken when the pilot climbs out. In my head the reinforced armor plate reminds me a LOT of Deathwing's armor chin.

Thank you for sharing the process Grummz. It is always good to know the process but no more breaking your back please.

Very excited that there is another fundraiser in the works. I love the temporal phasing idea you are pursuing and can't wait to see more.
Well, not bolting! Just open and close. Like a...capsule or something. The chassis could fold in or open up to let me climb in and out of the cockpit. *shrug*
But, different thread.

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
I'm also wondering what we can expect from the first playable demo.

What i personally would like to see:

• Relatively big (semi)procedurally generated map. Preferably good looking, Copa was just a nice place to hang out in.
  • Omniframe and player character working, with at least full gameplay for the Omniframe.
  • THMP dynamic encounter.
  • Diagonal progression system, nothing too fancy. An (over)simplified version of something like the constraint system. I harp a lot on vertical progression, but if most of the powercurve comes from increasing jet energy, run speed, cooldowns, etc this creates an imo, good sense of progression while new players still don't directly feel underpowered.
  • Basic crafting system for the progression system.
  • Maybe include something like a mod system or creation kit, where players can create stuff too. This might give the company and other players the ability to "purchase" some of the things the community creates. This is something where i believe EQN was going in the right direction with. If you look at the Nexus community you can see why this might be a smart move.
I think this is something we can enjoy for a while and give players the ability to upload game footage and show it off to their friends etc.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I do see you (a non-backer who never donated) complaining over and over about the design of the Omniframe.
While I don't care to involve myself with MattHunX's and your conversation per say, I did want to pick this particular point out of the mix. It was a little concerning that you felt the need to specify whether MattHunX had contributed money or not. I really hope that financial considerations are not a litmus test in determining how much value you associate with our feedback. I think a majority of us here on the forums are in the non-backer category simply because we found out about Ember after the first fundraiser was already completed. As yet there has been only a single fundraiser (out of I assume a fair number) so it is a bit early to be lumping people into the paid and haven't paid category regardless.

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Cool stuffz Grummz (and Ember devs/staff)!!! Can't wait to see the next goal(s) to be posted!
Yeah, I'm also keen in knowing what the next phase is and how we're going to achieve it, I'm also happy to put in a bit of cash as well (dreams of being part of an alpha testing team).

Status
Not open for further replies.