First feel of game

GungraveX

Forerunner
Oct 9, 2019
At last did download demo and tried it out. And first thing i noticed, people who will have some time spent in Doom Eternal will feel game so native in controls. Didn't yet played anything much, tried to call out Thumper while killing off some of those mobs. But the control way, after spending hours in Doom, you get reflex of doing double jump and dash ( space space + shift ) and it felt so nice as it have same effect of speed boost.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Very cool! I love the feel of the demo. Movement is smooth and easy to use. Makes me excited to see what is coming next!
Myself the only problem I seem to be having trouble with is the boost/dash. I use the jets (space bar) and the W key to fly forward, then to boost/dash sideways I keep my thumb on the space bar and double tap either A or D to boost/dash sideways. The problem I have is the double tap boost/dash only works for me maybe 60-70% of the time. Not sure if its the timing of the double tap or the Demo build. I make sure to have plenty of fuel (Not in the Red) when I try this, so its not that. Hopefully its just me and I have to just time it better.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Very cool! I love the feel of the demo. Movement is smooth and easy to use. Makes me excited to see what is coming next!
Myself the only problem I seem to be having trouble with is the boost/dash. I use the jets (space bar) and the W key to fly forward, then to boost/dash sideways I keep my thumb on the space bar and double tap either A or D to boost/dash sideways. The problem I have is the double tap boost/dash only works for me maybe 60-70% of the time. Not sure if its the timing of the double tap or the Demo build. I make sure to have plenty of fuel (Not in the Red) when I try this, so its not that. Hopefully its just me and I have to just time it better.
Would like to see a tutorial of how to do the dash movements i see on the key menu that dash is set to v

when also attempting this does not seem to work i am probably doing something wrong!

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Would like to see a tutorial of how to do the dash movements i see on the key menu that dash is set to v

when also attempting this does not seem to work i am probably doing something wrong!
The V = dash keybind never works for me.. Ive tried hitting V while holding the space bar.. spacebar + WASD.. Nothing works. Only the double tap WASD works for me .. sometimes.
dashing left or right, forward or back will be a KEY strategy when dodging incoming fire or the grapple chains from the Tsi-hu, so I hope the Devs either tweek the double tap or fix the V.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The V = dash keybind never works for me.. Ive tried hitting V while holding the space bar.. spacebar + WASD.. Nothing works. Only the double tap WASD works for me .. sometimes.
dashing left or right, forward or back will be a KEY strategy when dodging incoming fire or the grapple chains from the Tsi-hu, so I hope the Devs either tweek the double tap or fix the V.
Thanks for the tips :)
I see what you mean when press v and holding space bar just see the flames at the back.

Double tap the direction and hold space bar and its superb just gets my finger a little tired with double pressing fast and yes it works for most times but sometimes doesn't.

Perhaps the click delay could be increased slightly?

Wonder if the V button could be like a dash toggle, just press the direction and can dash.
The v button can be pressed again to deactivate the dash

i really like dashing then using overthrust and then the gliding and sliding down a slope the movement is going to excel firefall for sure!

adash.jpg This is the first time i see the flames fire out with intensity next to see that blasting out the back of our bikes/vehicles !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greenon

Ark Liege
Jan 18, 2017
The Dash has a cool Down as well but there is no visual timer for it. ;)