Firefall Credit Program Updated, IndieGoGo Upgrades Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hello everyone, we’d like to announce that Firefall credits are now visible on your official Em8ER account.

If you backed Firefall during beta and took advantage of our program last year to claim a virtual credit towards Em-8ER’s future virtual store (at official launch of the game), you will see this credit reflected under the Campaigns and Perks section of the https://my.em8er.com website.

If you have not yet converted your Em8ER forum account, you will need to do so to access your Firefall credits. Sign in to your Em8ER forum account on https://forums.em8er.com and follow the steps to convert your account.

You do not need to do anything further to link to your Firefall credits, other than converting your account. If you have already converted your account in the past, you will automatically see any Firefall credits under the Campaigns and Perks section of the https://my.em8er.com website.

If you have any issues, you may inquire for support on our Discord server at: https://discord.gg/A8jsTfU or contact us at [email protected]

Finally, we are happy to announce that IndieGoGo backers will be able to upgrade their packages soon. Backers will be able to upgrade their existing package to a higher tier on the next website update. We regret to inform you that the $1500 Kaiju Slayer packs are already sold out from the prior campaign and are not available as upgrades.

Thank you for being fans of Firefall and Em-8ER!

• Grummz
*Firefall credits were only available for a limited time to beta founders (not Steam, or other founder packs). Since Red 5 Studios has closed, and there is no way for us to verify packs automatically (our small team is unable to manually verify hundreds of thousands of Firefall backers), and we are sorry that we cannot extend credits to those who did not claim while Firefall was still active.

Krighton

Commander
Jul 29, 2016
I spent over $1100 on Firefall. I only have the commander pack. Is this accurate? Not trying to be greedy, just asking. I'm very much looking forward to playing Em-8ER when it launches and supporting it full bore.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I spent over $1100 on Firefall. I only have the commander pack. Is this accurate? Not trying to be greedy, just asking. I'm very much looking forward to playing Em-8ER when it launches and supporting it full bore.
Hi There.

First of all, we are not Red 5 Studios or affiliated with a Firefall in any way.

Firefall is another company’s game and we are only offering this credit in appreciation for the original backers of that game who believed in the original vision before Red 5 changed it all.

We only credited original beta founder packs, and did so with an automated system back when we could have users link their Firefall forum account to their Em8ER account. Even then, there was no way to tell how much anyone had spent on that game beyond the packs shown on their forums, since we don’t have access to their records. Also, it is already hugely expensive to us to even do such a program, as it is lost revenue we won’t see when our own game launches. We did it in a spirit of good faith and generosity, for a limited time, and only for the packs we knew we could verify.

Unfortunately, Red 5 Studios took down the website and forums and later closed. We are unable to extend the program at this point, because there is no way for us to automatically verify FF founder packs, and we cannot manually verify potentially over a million Firefall accounts.

We are happy we could gift you a Commander credit, however, and hope you enjoy Em8ER when it releases (or the earlier builds if you back our crowdfunding).

Thank you!

EvilSmoo

Firstclaimer
Feb 2, 2017
Just... no custom buses this time. Please?

I've read all the stuff about what was done wrong with FF. I'm sure there's a lot of sides to the story, but I wasn't there.

I could see one review on the GlassDoor page for Red5 being false, but there are a LOT of entries there.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Just be sure you separate beta from launch for reviews. Yes there were things unbalanced in beta but that is how development goes. The9 from launch made firefall fail.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Man, if I could, i would donate to that IndieGoGo, but i don't even have credit card.
Throwing my money on my screen doesn't work either.
Telling my friends about this game is all i could do.

But, hey, 10$ for being a veteran !
That is good we all help in however we can.

Wonder if there will be a refer scheme hmm

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
Things would have been hell lot simpler if we had tabular data or API to check against, sadly our only way was to scrape web pages and even that proved to be unreliable as Red5 didn't award badges to all eligible founders. By the time some founders figured this out, there were no support whatsoever.

Another hurdle was that we knew sooner or later Firefall forums will be down again (as they were number of times) and we had no way to ping all eligible users, did our best to reach as many as possible with the time and means given.

Considering Em-8ER didn't see a single dollar from what was spent on Firefall, In my opinion this offering was quite generous as it is, beside giving $10 to everyone who registered on forums prior to 2016, some people even spent just $75 for commander pack and got $100 in Em-8ER credit, Lieutenants/Ensigns were discounted as well.

To put this into perspective:
Total number of eligible Firefall forum accounts: 732 504 (out of 739 707 total)
Tier distribution we saw was: Veterans 52.9%, Ensigns: 10.2%, Lieutenants: 5.6%, Commanders: 31.3%
1531050519671.png

If we apply this theoretical ratio to total number of eligible accounts multiplied by rewards we get possible total prize pool of whooping:
30347650.gif
I mean what other indie company has offer like this?
All rights to bad math reserved

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Was more than anyone could ask for and it wins the the debate on how genuine your stance is with Em-8er, Grummz. Shows the commitment of the team as this was hell to take on by Xeevis (you da man!). Even if people weren't able to "cash" in on this program, they should still feel a sense of gratitude knowing that is how Em-8er's future will be put together.

Last edited:

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
weird, i dont see anything on my.em8er.com, only the indigogo email i cant verify.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
Took care of it this AM. Check your email :)
seems i slipped through the gaps of the system with the custom banner :D

i used a different email address from indigogo to register on the forum, and had to change that one to my gmail account later so i could log on using google's universal login. complete clusterstruck there.

Jul 28, 2016
I was playing ff from the short time after friends and family when there servers were only live 1 day a week I also had grummz on my Friend list and I have screen shots of the game at that time with pre - release at top right but they still cant ( or wont ) accept that I was a founder / commander of firefall rofl so if you didn't get your credits when you were asked to claim them then id give up asking like I have ( beta tester is not a thing these days like it was when we helped a game get made as we all know its just early access these days ) pre rel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.