Firefall Credit Program - Em-8ER to offer full credit for founder packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Marcus

Omega Founder
Oct 22, 2016
Wow. I loved FF through Alpha and Beta until Live. I invested a crap ton of money (I just logged in and I still have over 500 red beans...)
But it seems like they are on deaths door. The devs, studio, producers are all like lemmings. Abandoning FF and throwing themselves off the cliff to get away. :)

Oct 10, 2016
Canada, eh
Worked like a charm! Thanks! As a total aside, the FFForums seem to be in desperate need of some maintenance, or maybe that just me, again... Still, going there brings back memories...

Anyways, before I go down nostalgia trip lane, that was an incredibly thoughtful gesture Mark, kudos to you! That was a great article as well!

After Firefall deviated into something that no longer represented what I had originally bought into, I still stuck with it as it still had its highlights and some fun. Over time and as my work life started to get the better of me, I drifted away and eventually found myself not playing the game entirely. One day, I think it was mid- or late-2015, I was tidying up my office, shifting the numerous Star Wars Lego models around to dust them. Behind the Super Star Destroyer, pinned to the wall, was the poster of the Arclight that I received as part of the founder's kit. "Thing has more dakka than even an Ork would know what to do with," I mused to myself. Anyways, the poster still remains on the same spot in the wall- though less obstructed now than it had been- both as a reminder of all the fond memories I do have of Firefall and also, in a smaller sense, a reminder that "I got my money's worth." Truth be told, the memories alone were worth the price of admission, the toque (which I also still wear on occasion) and the poster were just the icing of a bittersweet cake.

Thanks again for the credit! I never expected this to happen in my wildest dreams but now that it has, I will take it as a gesture of how serious and committed you are to making this game live up to the expectations Firefall had at the time the founders packs were released. This, to me, shows how confidant you are to making this a reality and that makes me confidant as a Firefall vet that we will see that which was touted about many moons ago.

Best of luck to you and the team!

TL;DR: Thank-you for this unexpected gift! I will definitely be paying much more attention to this game now that I see how both serious and confidant you are, trying to make amends- which I don't feel were necessary- to people like me who bought into the dream!

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
It took some figuring out to get my account over there to do anything (due to certain restraints placed on me) but I got the info there updated through links supplied by a friend. Anybody else have their account limited so you could not post, message anyone or updated your status? Man somebody there did not like me. Hard to imagine why?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2016
Adelaide
This gesture speaks more about the crew of Em8er (and Grummz) than all the internet marketing campaigns ever will.

Grummz had no legal obligation to do this and yet he pulled through for us. $100 per (Founder's) account is no small pocket change when you consider the number of Founders out there, especially for a startup needing every bit of resource to put their vision to reality. And still, Grummz chose to do it.

What can I say except for a heartfelt thank you to you, Grummz. Not so much for the refund, but more for the sheer amount of commitment and integrity you have demonstrated. That, and for the opportunity to be part of this journey all over again.

/salute /bow

13B

**PS: I DO miss my tiki thumpers :) especially the squad ones. They look like massive tiki totem poles when you deploy them.

Adara

Commander
Jan 26, 2017
California
I just wanted to say thank you for doing this, it seems like a pretty outstanding gesture towards us old Firefall vets. I actually hadn't been following this project closely up to this point, but earlier this evening I saw a link to this credit program in the Firefall subreddit and I jumped at the chance for my old game packages to continue to have some value.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this game's development progress! Hopefully it can fill that void we all feel for the early days of Firefall.

Status
Not open for further replies.