Firefall Backer didn't get here in time, I guess I'm SOL?

Desmadona

Jul 27, 2018
So... apparently, I can't link my accounts now? Felt ripped off by Firefall and the money I gave to you then and... now I'm already screwed because I never GOT a message... Someone else had to forward me an e-mail that was sent to him LONG after accounts could have been linked. Neat.

The E-mail he got on June 24th (already long past closing) says this: " Firefall credits were only available for a limited time to beta founders (not Steam, or other founder packs). Since Red 5 Studios has closed, and there is no way for us to verify packs automatically (our small team is unable to manually verify hundreds of thousands of Firefall backers), and we are sorry that we cannot extend credits to those who did not claim while Firefall was still active. ".
Why bother sending him e-mail at all? Like he's going to give you money now when he still gets nothing from the money he spent before... And I never got an e-mail at all - the last e-mail I got that mentioned anything about Firefall was July 10, 2014. Thanks.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
This game isn't firefall, it has no direct connection to firefall beyond the game owner was once the head of FF. He has no access to emails or accounts associated with Firefall so unless you already were signed up for Em-8er how would he email you?

Grummz chose to give a free *GIFT* to anyone he could reach because he wanted to reward people who supported the original dream that was Firefall. He sent out emails, several people sent out messages on the FF forums and there was quite a bit of word of mouth but in the end there is only so much he can do.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Please understand that while this game is considered a Spiritual successor to Firefall, the Crixa/Em-8ER team have no official affiliation to Firefall/Red5 Studios. Both the game, and the studio, are now defunct. Em-8ER is a completely new IP, albeit one led by the original Creative Director/CEO of Red5, Mark Kern.

The Em-8ER team tried their best to contact all members of the Firefall community a while after the Em-8ER project was launched. Unfortunately the e-mails that were sent out may have been either ignored, or sent to spam and missed completely. Thus not all members of the Firefall community were made aware of the existence of this project.

That said, anyone who signed up on the mailing list for the Em-8ER project on the forums, the change.org petition or the indiegogo funding programs were sent e-mails/notifications regarding the launch of the Firefall credit program on the 26th of January, 2017; a notification from each of these sites.

It seems both you and your friend were not on the mailing list for Em-8ER when the Firefall Credit program was launched. It's unfortunate, but there is little that can be done in that regard. Sorry.

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
The founder credit program ran for 6 months last year. Every Firefall forum user was sent 2 emails, one about Em-8ER and one about the credit program using private messages on by then barren FF forums which in turn sent email notification to the user. For most it landed in spam folder (because some people were salty and flagged it as such, which is used by google and others as gauge for everyone else). We did our best to reach as many people as possible, but we had 0 email addresses to work with.

Whole verification system was based off public information on Firefall forums. When those died and we had no control over it, the whole offering had to be stopped, data can no longer be retrieved I'm sorry.

Desmadona

Jul 27, 2018
Yea... I just feel ripped off by Red5 and that I missed this opportunity annoys me and is demotivating. I realize there is a long and sorted history behind the rise and fall of Red5 and that this is not Red5, but, for me, this is not a good start.

It's cool... if I happen to be bored and out of games to play, I'll give it a shot anyway, but not going to get all excited with this kind of intro. Was just confirming that I'm screwed :) Mission accomplished. Many thanks. Take care.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Sometimes I feel like people are simply looking extra thoroughly for excuses to be unhappy. If Grummz hadn't offered a gift to people nobody would have had the opportunity to complain about it. That is not good logic.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Guess that's the drawback on saying it's a spiritual successor of Firefall, people get the notation that there is a link, I would too if I didn't know the whole story :/

Edit - it's only in-game cosmetic shop currency as a gift , there has been a couple of funding campaigns and there will be another opportunity for Kickstarter for full game I believe.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Yea... I just feel ripped off by Red5 and that I missed this opportunity annoys me and is demotivating. I realize there is a long and sorted history behind the rise and fall of Red5 and that this is not Red5, but, for me, this is not a good start.

It's cool... if I happen to be bored and out of games to play, I'll give it a shot anyway, but not going to get all excited with this kind of intro. Was just confirming that I'm screwed :) Mission accomplished. Many thanks. Take care.
All i can say is don't be disheartened sure you missed this but don't miss the other opportunities to be part of making em8er great even the chance to win things too, in chief chat and any future events that could take place.

Be part of the community because we need everyone to make em8er not the way firefall went down but make it much better than that.

Just to upset you.
I'm pretty sure that's why 90%+ stuff happens in the universe.
I keep getting beard shaving products in my email even though i don't have a beard
annoying as it is i resent it back to the sender with a reply no beard after a few times later
there was no more beard shaving emails \o/