FF BETA BioFrame poison shot

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
I gotta say, I keep thinking about this..
During FF beta I switched to the bio-frame and at that time it had a weapon which I thought helped me immensely during Thumping.. The poison shot.
I dont remember if it was an alt weapon but I remember if I was soloing and getting overwhelmed I'd back off a bit and shoot at the base of the thumper a beautiful big HUUUGE expanding poison cloud which would last 5-6 seconds.
Damage would increase the longer enemies stayed in the cloud. I
Really REALLY hope we can get something like that in Em8er.
Also, after about a month I remember the Devs added a healing factor to players in the poison cloud which was cool.
The huge expanding poison cloud shot came out in BETA early 2013, it was right before or after they tried the poison cloud trail.
Thoughts on this?
EDIT (This was from halfway through BETA and the Devs changed it after a couple months. From videos I've seen it never made it to the released game)

Last edited:

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
iirc there were 3 ways to create a poison cloud before FF shut down. The Recluse primary weapon had an alt fire that cost 5 ammo and lobbed a canister which created a poison cloud on impact. The Recluse also had a projectile spell that would bounce around until it either collided with an enemy or was detonated by the player; it created a poison cloud. And then iirc the Biotech and Recluse could both use Poison Trail spell that left a trail of poison cloud in the player's wake.

Poison clouds were certainly useful in PvE and PvP. I recall the particle effect of poison clouds was a blessing and a curse when it came to visibility because the cloud could either provide concealment or block your vision.

Jun 26, 2018
I know of a video where they used it to just spam around a thumper to keep the arachnas away. Sadly the person deleted or privatized all of their FF videos.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Ah the spamcluse...never heard of it...

This doesn't look like the one I remember from Beta. It was one shot, HUGE expanding cloud would very slowly disperse. I dont remember the little puffs like in this video, and my rifle looked completely different. I wonder if this video was from the released game not BETA? Or at a different point in BETA? There were SO many tweaks and changes each update..

Last edited:

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
iirc there were 3 ways to create a poison cloud before FF shut down. The Recluse primary weapon had an alt fire that cost 5 ammo and lobbed a canister which created a poison cloud on impact. The Recluse also had a projectile spell that would bounce around until it either collided with an enemy or was detonated by the player; it created a poison cloud. And then iirc the Biotech and Recluse could both use Poison Trail spell that left a trail of poison cloud in the player's wake.

Poison clouds were certainly useful in PvE and PvP. I recall the particle effect of poison clouds was a blessing and a curse when it came to visibility because the cloud could either provide concealment or block your vision.
Never played the released game. I was talking about halfway through BETA when they were trying different things. If I remember correctly they ended up nerfing huge poison cloud shot I'm talking about.. it also had a long cooldown so spamming wasn't possible really.