Favorite Mecha/Kaiju Anime

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dracomon, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Dracomon

Dracomon Player One

I just thought, "Hey, we're gunna be playing a game with Mechs and giant monsters, right? I wonder what everyone's favorite Mecha/Kaiju Anime or Cartoon is."

If we're speaking strict Mecha, I think the Gundam series is on top of a lot of people's lists. As for me Gundam Wing is the Gundam series from my childhood I remember most fondly.

As for Mecha vs. Kaiju, this might be a bit of an obscure pick but I have to give it to Betterman.

I know Japanese animation has inspired a plethora of films/cartoons so I wouldn't mind hearing opinions about those as well. I particularly enjoyed the short-lived series Megas XLR and Symbionic Titan.

Faeryl likes this.
  2. Faeryl

Faeryl Active Member

I haven't watched many Mecha/Kaiju Anime/Cartoons. The one that comes to mind that I watched as a kid is Voltron.

Pandagnome, Wyntyr and Dracomon like this.
  3. Dracomon

Dracomon Player One

I remember that one, I also really like the Netflix remake of it.

4. Drakin5

Drakin5 Member

Besides me, someone's going to mention Power Rangers.

Faeryl, Pandagnome and Dracomon like this.
  5. Aphaz

Aphaz Player One

Voltron; Daltanius; Gundan: Wing, Destiny, 00, Iron Blooded Orphans; Daitarn 3, Escaflone, Gold Drake (not 100% shure about this name, i watched it on italian TV and it was called Ufo Robo); Mazinger (all 3 versions);Valvrave; Break Blade; Nobunaga the fool; Argevollen; Zoids; Jeeg; there are others but as of right now can't remember their names...
    as for frames type mecha: Infinite Stratos; Weakest undefeated Bahamut; Ride Back; Strike Witches; Symphogear...etc. etc.
    :D
    also, GitS and Evangelion...forgot those...lol

Pandagnome and Dracomon like this.
  6. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Well-Known Member

Robotech...v/s Invid in particular.

Faeryl and Dracomon like this.
  7. Dracomon

Dracomon Player One

Those are some good picks. Lol those frame type Mecha anime make me wanna make a harem when I start playing Em8er. XD

8. Dracomon

Dracomon Player One

Ooooh man. Robotech takes me back! Haven't thought about it in years.

Wyntyr likes this.
  9. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member

gold drake but i knew it as grendizer the rest of my buddies had turtles i suppose the technodrome was cool and the party wagon :D

Dracomon likes this.
  10. Silv3r Shadow

Silv3r Shadow Gatestrider Max Kahuna

Code geass is my favourite anime, it has mecha in it but dont mess with the story, brilliant 10/10 both seasons and dub
    [​IMG]
    no kaiju though :p

11. Yrkul

Yrkul Active Member

Giant mecha vs giant monsters? Ummm.....

[​IMG]

Ronyn and Dracomon like this.
  12. Despair

Despair Death Reaper - Frame Founder

You have the greatest taste

Dracomon and Silv3r Shadow like this.