fan website

Would a em8er fan website be a good idea?

• yes it would be great ^^

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • no i rather you play super mario kart :O

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • maybe hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I dont have a clue :S

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • My mama's site is better than yours teehee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Was thinking for ages to make a fan website for em8er it did not go to plan and
got me thinking what would fans want in a fan site and not going to rush it this time.

Em8er fan site name hmm thinking of one that would be suitable!

[A few list of domain name ideas]: Between .com/.net
- Em8erfan
- Em8ernites
- Omniframe
- Kaijuvsmech
- Deepstyrke
- AlphaMek

[List of things on the fan site]
- Em8er Images - community, art, comic, Rp/stories cosplay, etc
- Em8er videos - community, tutorials/guide, music, etc
- Em8er competitions/prizes
- Em8er Larp
- Em8er fansite links of other em8er fansites

Anything else i am missing hmm?

For me i want to see how to capture the vibe of the community and all the cool positive stuff.
With images and videos to be done mostly and some writing here and there.

Going to use wordpress for this but any suggestion on making a site would be appreciated as
i hope to make it tidy and looking nice for all.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
How about this site as a place where Em-8ER fans can get together?

I know that's a bit of trolling...sorry about that. I +1 fan sites where there's a bit of news and content to be had that's game related and probably going to be seen or utilized at least early on. Before that I'm not sure if there really is enough of a fan base, news, content to warrant dedicated fan sites. With that said, a fan site is just that, a fan site, so anyone who's a fan can go make a site. I wish them the best. Especially Em-8ER fan sites! I need that insider info!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
That is a good point wyntyr but was thinking as a fan since for example say there was several fan sites around the world
it could be housed under here or on an unoffical fan site to dedicate on things not covered extensively here like the larp, rp, cosplay etc etc

Its just a thought but perhaps it could be done or the ideas mentioned implemented here i do love this forum to be fair :D

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
How about this site as a place where Em-8ER fans can get together?
I know that's a bit of trolling...sorry about that.
:p

I +1 fan sites where there's a bit of news and content to be had that's game related and probably going to be seen or utilized at least early on. Before that I'm not sure if there really is enough of a fan base, news, content to warrant dedicated fan sites. With that said, a fan site is just that, a fan site, so anyone who's a fan can go make a site. I wish them the best. Especially Em-8ER fan sites!
I agree. It may be a bit early just yet. But I'll +1 fan sites too because we're gonna need plenty of them when EM-8ER becomes playable! ^_^

I need that insider info!

You don't need the insider info. These aren't the insiders you're looking for.
You can go about your business now. Move along. :cool:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
that would be cool too for those who want to get started then eventually create their own build and share with the rest of the community as well!

Could put out a top rated builds and dev fave builds etc etc

I also remember a 3rd party tool for locating resource spots and alerts in firefall that was handy too

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu

In em8er land kaiju's would hold boards

In em8er land fans would stomp and make mech noises

In em8er land fans would make their own dance and make it a craze at every meeting!

what would you em8er fans want in a fansite that is unique to it and
still compliments em8er mainsite/forum ?

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
that would be cool too for those who want to get started then eventually create their own build and share with the rest of the community as well!

Could put out a top rated builds and dev fave builds etc etc

I also remember a 3rd party tool for locating resource spots and alerts in firefall that was handy too
That sort of thing seems to well complement what the forums here have.

Builds, playthroughs, help tutorials for noobs... all good stuff as the game progresses.

In the days of no printed user manual in a box like we used to get, then a web site that helps people who are just starting understand how to play is always a good thing (or a website that has that sort of content as part of all its goodies).

For new folks forums aren't always the best place to figure that sort of thing out as they usually lack help content in a clean and concise format all neatly packaged and organized since forums with multiple threads and such aren't organized that way.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
For new folks forums aren't always the best place to figure that sort of thing out as they usually lack help content in a clean and concise format all neatly packaged and organized since forums with multiple threads and such aren't organized that way.
Sounds like the forum needs a "New Player?" tab/section...when we have a game that is.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
That sort of thing seems to well complement what the forums here have.

Builds, playthroughs, help tutorials for noobs... all good stuff as the game progresses.

In the days of no printed user manual in a box like we used to get, then a web site that helps people who are just starting understand how to play is always a good thing (or a website that has that sort of content as part of all its goodies).

I couldnt of said that any better

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
As it so happens, I've been mulling over this very topic all morning.

Was thinking for ages to make a fan website for em8er
do it (this is a link)

I recommend you begin with a blog, then make a point to post once a week all the rumors, ideas or upcoming things. Make it a cross between a diary and summary of what you've noticed and how you think.

Then later, see how many pictures you can also include.

Then later, maybe a video slideshow with commentary. Who knows what you'll be interested in.

If you can keep this up weekly for a few months, then you have a thing you can do. Otherwise it will remain a thing you could have done, but didn't do. But if you start now, when you couldn't have done it, and begun doing it from this point on, then later it will be something you will also have done in the past and can definitely continue.

Or something.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
As it so happens, I've been mulling over this very topic all morning.

do it (this is a link)

I recommend you begin with a blog, then make a point to post once a week all the rumors, ideas or upcoming things. Make it a cross between a diary and summary of what you've noticed and how you think.

Then later, see how many pictures you can also include.

Then later, maybe a video slideshow with commentary. Who knows what you'll be interested in.

If you can keep this up weekly for a few months, then you have a thing you can do. Otherwise it will remain a thing you could have done, but didn't do. But if you start now, when you couldn't have done it, and begun doing it from this point on, then later it will be something you will also have done in the past and can definitely continue.

Or something.

Thats some real good advice thanks i am abit lazy but i also blame the horrid cold but should get pondering on a blog for sure :)