fan website

Discussion in 'Fan art, Fanfic, and other Fan creations!' started by Pandagnome, Mar 5, 2018.

Would a em8er fan website be a good idea?

1. yes it would be great ^^

4 vote(s)
  2. no i rather you play super mario kart :O

1 vote(s)
  3. maybe hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 vote(s)
  4. I dont have a clue :S

2 vote(s)
  5. My mama's site is better than yours teehee

0 vote(s)
  1. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member Happy Kaiju

Was thinking for ages to make a fan website for em8er it did not go to plan and
    got me thinking what would fans want in a fan site and not going to rush it this time.

Em8er fan site name hmm thinking of one that would be suitable!

[A few list of domain name ideas]: Between .com/.net
    - Em8erfan
    - Em8ernites
    - Omniframe
    - Kaijuvsmech
    - Deepstyrke
    - AlphaMek

[List of things on the fan site]
    - Em8er Images - community, art, comic, Rp/stories cosplay, etc
    - Em8er videos - community, tutorials/guide, music, etc
    - Em8er competitions/prizes
    - Em8er Larp
    - Em8er fansite links of other em8er fansites

Anything else i am missing hmm?

For me i want to see how to capture the vibe of the community and all the cool positive stuff.
    With images and videos to be done mostly and some writing here and there.

Going to use wordpress for this but any suggestion on making a site would be appreciated as
    i hope to make it tidy and looking nice for all.
    Faeryl and Wyntyr like this.
  2. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Firstclaimer

How about this site as a place where Em-8ER fans can get together?

I know that's a bit of trolling...sorry about that. I +1 fan sites where there's a bit of news and content to be had that's game related and probably going to be seen or utilized at least early on. Before that I'm not sure if there really is enough of a fan base, news, content to warrant dedicated fan sites. With that said, a fan site is just that, a fan site, so anyone who's a fan can go make a site. I wish them the best. Especially Em-8ER fan sites! I need that insider info!
    Faeryl, Mahdi and Pandagnome like this.
  3. Pandagnome

That is a good point wyntyr but was thinking as a fan since for example say there was several fan sites around the world
    it could be housed under here or on an unoffical fan site to dedicate on things not covered extensively here like the larp, rp, cosplay etc etc

Its just a thought but perhaps it could be done or the ideas mentioned implemented here i do love this forum to be fair :D
  4. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Firstclaimer

Perhaps message Ronyn about having a pinned thread where peeps could put a link with a brief description about their particular Em-8ER fan site?
    Faeryl and Pandagnome like this.
  5. Pandagnome

That is a good idea then it could be from different parts of the world too!
  6. Faeryl

Faeryl Firstclaimer Base Commander Greeter

I agree. It may be a bit early just yet. But I'll +1 fan sites too because we're gonna need plenty of them when EM-8ER becomes playable! ^_^

You don't need the insider info. These aren't the insiders you're looking for.
    You can go about your business now. Move along. :cool:
    DinsdaleP13 and Pandagnome like this.
  7. Drakin5

Drakin5 Well-Known Member

Would the fan website also double as a third party tool for the game? Maybe an omniframe builder wherein you create your favourite build and show its stats and loadout.
    Mahdi and Pandagnome like this.
  8. Pandagnome

that would be cool too for those who want to get started then eventually create their own build and share with the rest of the community as well!

Could put out a top rated builds and dev fave builds etc etc

I also remember a 3rd party tool for locating resource spots and alerts in firefall that was handy too
  9. NanoTechnician

NanoTechnician Emberite - THMPR - Deepscanner

I guess if there was a fan kit cobbled together it would be easy as peach tea.
    Pandagnome likes this.