Expedite game production pls

Nov 2, 2020
The current state of the forums, speed of development, and general atmosphere in the Discord server is worryingly reminiscent of CoE. I want the project to succeed, but at this point I think my best course of action would be to unsub from all updates and forget it exists for a year or five.

Djepetto

Deepscanner
Oct 1, 2016
hahahaha...."De ja vu!" I'm not gonna sit here another 3 years following a dead end. I'm tired of wasting my time coming to this website to see the same material I've been seeing for 6(7) years. LOL. This whole argument is literally the same argument we've been having. When are you guys gonna wake up? I feel like I'm in a nightmare when i come to this site and read these post. And the whole, "team is so small, and part time employees" is just out the window for me. I could of learned how to code and script and draw(i literally have the programs on disk) and had more to show than this in 5 years! By myself! Where's the money???? Where's the funds??? Aye...I'm not mad at all. I'm calling what I've been seeing. Grummz pops a kickstarter in a year from now I'll personally kiss is arse. But I know It will neeeeeever happen lol

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'm not gonna sit here another 3 years following a dead end.
There is so much waiting folks can do and I'll agree this could end up losing people if it takes longer.

I could of learned how to code and script and draw(i literally have the programs on disk) and had more to show than this in 5 years! By myself!
You got time show us what you can do i want to see!

Grummz pops a kickstarter in a year from now I'll personally kiss is arse. But I know It will neeeeeever happen lol
I wonder what @Grummz has to say of that eventful time?

Djepetto

Deepscanner
Oct 1, 2016
There is so much waiting folks can do and I'll agree this could end up losing people if it takes longer.

You got time show us what you can do i want to see!

Come on? Be my support. All I need is someone to believe in me. Be my partner. Lets me and you build this game! I'm dead ass.(realistically wouldn't happen) Because nobody loves this "idea" of a game more than me.
Grummz is a fool for letting this "gold mine" slip thru his fingers. The whole idea of Ember is still top notch. It's been way to long now for me though. I'm sick of waiting on it. I was 33 when I fell in love with Ember. I'm 4o now. She losing her appeal to me. I'm falling out of love with her.(Ember) And it hurts me more than it hurts you!

I wonder what @Grummz has to say of that eventful time?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I believe when the fat kaiju sings when the fat kaiju will sing is still an issue of what song to sing and what music to play hopefully it will be synth-wave!

This game sounds like a super fun game with so many things for everyone to have and do. Also I am not giving up on this so easily. Genuinely think someone has to do more communicating in the forums from the team just like they would do in discord.

There are people like yourself and others who do love this Em8er and even invested so much to it even the Em8er team have invested much into this. I doubt they want it to fail and go into flames no no its not what i think it is.

Since they last mentioned of hiring someone to do the Environment and getting more to help out is they are getting more organized and to start ramping up the development.

Imagine if we did something like this we would have to go through a lot it is easy saying things because not many of us realize how those who are doing that job have to face and it could take a toll on their mental wellbeing even health as well as the fans.

So its vitally important to have enough support for Em8er to continue developing and at the same time to have a time line of some kind visually representing where we are and where we will be and including all those mile stones passed as well.

Before we get too worried at this stage lets see how it goes during the coming months i am not going to be here forever unless i turn into a cyborg which wouldn't be so bad like robocop, and have machine legs to dance with and kick doors in emergencies too hmm

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
This thread has been at the top of the 'What's New' page for 1 month now. Many members from all around sharing input. There is no doubt that the Em-8er team is aware of this thread. However yet to be addressed on this matter, its a real shame tbh. I know it, you know it, we all know it. Everyone in the community is aware of the current situation.

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
This thread has been at the top of the 'What's New' page for 1 month now. Many members from all around sharing input. There is no doubt that the Em-8er team is aware of this thread. However yet to be addressed on this matter, its a real shame tbh. I know it, you know it, we all know it. Everyone in the community is aware of the current situation.
Yep and we're less than a week away from when the "Bridge Funding" is supposed to launch which I've said I don't like and the more I thought about it the more I think that it's a REALLY BAD idea. So once again Grummz is silent, we don't know what we're doing and where we're heading cause if something was in the pipeline Grummz would probably already be building up hype for it.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
we don't know what we're doing and where we're heading
Pretty much it. I know he caught the coof, so that'll put a damper on things. My thought is that it'll all be extended to begin next month instead since no email or dev blog came out about the changes. Funny though, the Newcomer packs were meant to expire before the Kickstarter. i GuEsS tHiS iS iT rIgHt???

I'm not a fan of further funding either. If he doesn't release a roadmap along with it, it'll be a massive disappointment. No point funding a new campaign if there's no clear goal or usage. I'd like to know if all the features currently slated for the mock-up are funded by M3, Newcomer and Patron already. If so, fair enough, new campaign could be interesting depending of what it is for and how long it should take. If not, concerning.

This thread has been at the top of the 'What's New' page for 1 month now
Keep the party going :cool:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
There is no doubt that the Em-8er team is aware of this thread. However yet to be addressed on this matter.
At least a small message such as "there are some behind the scenes changes with organizing, New Em8er packages, and have read your messages so please rest assure we will get back to you by next week"

Yep and we're less than a week away from when the "Bridge Funding" is supposed to launch which I've said I don't like and the more I thought about it the more I think that it's a REALLY BAD idea.
Why do you think it is a bad idea?

What could be the alternative solutions?

I'm not a fan of further funding either. If he doesn't release a roadmap along with it, it'll be a massive disappointment. No point funding a new campaign if there's no clear goal or usage. I'd like to know if all the features currently slated for the mock-up are funded by M3, Newcomer and Patron already. If so, fair enough, new campaign could be interesting depending of what it is for and how long it should take.
I wonder too how long the new campaign could be hmm and that roadmap is an ideal addition to show the community what is going on in a easier format.

1652965316482.jpeg

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
At least a small message such as "there are some behind the scenes changes with organizing, New Em8er packages, and have read your messages so please rest assure we will get back to you by next week"
This would be nice ^

Im not a fan of bridge funding either. Reason being, its relying on the community who has already funded the game, making new exclusives for us to buy. Because it wont make a difference for a newer member, if they buy a new or current pack.

secondly FOMO, us longtime members FOMO will shovel in more for each bridge funding.

Us in 6 months:

This community has funded the game enough as it is

Last edited:

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com

"Getting us from where we are now to Kickstarter". Grummz has essentially admitted to running out of money and that he is unable to deliver on M3, now I don't think it's the case but it sets a terrible precedent moving forward cause if he couldn't deliver on M3 with 5 times the funding he asked for plus much much more where's the guarantee he will be able to deliver on the Kickstarter? (if the Bridge Funding is successful and we get to Kickstarter)

And from another angel, asking for money?! After a year of no progress and no roadmap? Kinda Audacious don't you think???

There are no solutions other then to make the playable mock-up he set out to make and deliver on M3.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
This community has funded the game enough as it is
Well yes it is mainly community driven and if there are other ways to get financial support from some bigger investors / sponsors, just as long as they let the devs do their work and agree to the terms somewhere in the contract.

I did recall something about Epic MegaGrants and if they will accept and provide the needed support for Em8er hmm

Not sure how long that would take i do hope that it happens!

Grummz has essentially admitted to running out of money and that he is unable to deliver on M3, now I don't think it's the case
https://xsolla.com/blog/creative-ways-to-earn-extra-money-for-game-development

if he couldn't deliver on M3 with 5 times the funding he asked for plus much much more where's the guarantee he will be able to deliver on the Kickstarter? (if the Bridge Funding is successful and we get to Kickstarter)
This could be the biggest push its not going to die like the fall of the fire is it?
I am still keeping optimistic even in these times of uncertainty, the worries creep a little at times and they do that just like in our day to day life.

So I can also say that there is a possibility that this could be successful and set the foundation for the future of Em8er.

There are no solutions other then to make the playable mock-up he set out to make and deliver on M3.
1653050576748.jpeg
Moo Mooo we move forwards

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
I can imagine that we could pause our table top games and get back to it something to look forward to since these tabletop adventures could take time.

Having an actual table top board game to keep just like the Em8erdon plushie would be great to keep.

In Em8er you could have the table top games played by many folks from different parts of the world just like the Em8er game itself.

Would we have our table top pieces as our main characters in miniature form and could it even have skins to customize our pieces from chibi to etc

Got me thinking the Art from our artists would be very useful not just for the game also for the table top too that led me to this interesting video.

So you & I have been having this conversation which is great but nobody from the EM8er team has said anything...

still the last date for any postings in the NEWS form is dated from Feb of this year.

Ill just sit on the sidelines & do a wait & see from this day forward. Now mind you I may still post if i feel the need but truth be told this looks to be a hobby that the team is trying to get paid for with no real plan other then that

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
nobody from the EM8er team has said anything...
still the last date for any postings in the NEWS form is dated from Feb of this year.
@Faeryl mentioned @Ronyn would be posting in the latest announcement on discord still would be nice to have that in the forum too indeed.

Latest - Announcement (Em8er discord)
https://discord.com/channels/198513725978705920/321511041752367125

This is the latest news and could explain the pace of the development.

Ronyn - the Deepstryke Nynja05/05/2022
Hello Reapers, there is no new news on when the next Chief Chat will be. Grummz has the 'rona. He is holding strong and getting plenty of rest. Just a matter of time until he is back to full health and we are back to regular CC style activity. We will keep you updated!

On to the good news! We have two new skins to show off today. They will be credited to anyone subbed last month (March) and this month (April). One pet and one mount. If you were subscribed at the proper times, these skins should be in your inventory already! Please welcome: Draconi, the mecha dragon pet. The skin for March 2022. and Swayer, the mecha horse mount. The skin for April 2022. Note: The silhouettes in these images are not skins, they are there to show scale.

1653148929536.png
1653148961224.png
1653148987300.png

prior to the latest news it has been about

- Em8er Animated waifu stickers for discord (I guess its for the nitro subscription in discord))
- Scam notice not to trust an account named "Developer Message" contacting/sending malicious links (Most probably in Em8er discord)

- Em-8er Lore time line

WW2: 1945
Enshigi Rise to Power 45-2010
Engshi leave Earth 2087
Humanity Leaves Earth 2118
Colonies founded and grow for 150 years 2118-2268
D-Gates Discovered 2268
Gatestriders Homeworld Destroyed 2285
Em-8ER Colonized: 2287

I may still post if i feel the need but truth be told this looks to be a hobby that the team is trying to get paid for with no real plan other then that
It might seem like that currently, the start and stop of development, but i have a feeling it would be much much more than a hobby it is planning to become

- An established Crixa studio in time
- A Business linked with others to broaden their network
- A Super mmo game that could last!

Well that's what i'd like to think given the benefit of a doubt. Also I am sure many of us know how it feels when a family member is unwell it affects all of us indirectly. Then to take over tasks that they may have done that we overlook... so yes it's essential to keep in good health with the right work balance and with enough support.

Get well soon G man and lets make the dream come to life!

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
See, game devs cant win.
-you work in a firm/studio whit shareholders, income is somewhat secured, but you loose "free will" and have work with impossible deadlines.
-you work as free spirit with crowdfunding/patreon system as the income source, noone tells you how to make the game, but income becomes unreliable and low, and the product itself becomes an enternity project as development is not happening fast enugh. Further on, these rewards for added crowdfunding/patreon has to be made by someone, that means extra time and manpower on top of what the core product demands.

This is shaping up to be one of the bad kickstarter products you read about, where the product projected to be delivered is too ambitous, too expensive and too large to be actualy humany and financily possible to do.

Yes, world took a 2 year pause, we cant change that, what is important is how fast we go back to the time before the pause.

And perhaps, the idea of "as crowdfunded as possible" has to be dropped, and studioes with shareholders that demands progress whit impossible timeframes has to be considered, cus as pointed out by others, when one reaches more then 6 years of active development time, the foundation and the beginning of the product is heavily outdated, and the prossess has to be redone, stealing more time and resources.

ember has been sold to us as basicly firefall 2.0, that is not a mobile game or indy steam game where you actualy can do it whit 2-6 devs whitin 2-3 years, the game ember is projected to be requires a medium sized studio with fulltime developers.

And the fact that G got the C just further higlights an issue, that sutch a big product and production cannot be centered around one single key person. ideas and visions and workload has to be shared and spread to keep the pace consistent during personell setbacks.

One wants to hope, but at some time we all reach that age where reality takes over for hope.
Guess that is what seperates fans from consumers.

OrderedChaos

Ark Liege
Ark Liege
Jul 29, 2017
Gaming communities are talented. In every hundred gamers there is going to be someone with enough knowledge to be helpful. This seems to be truer the more niche the game is, as they aren't visited by the casual manchild crowd. If Crixa would freelance work out to the community, then things could get done much quicker. Models, animations, little quality of life improvements in games that aren't part of the core gameplay could be easily handed off. These things take time to implement, and freeing up that time could truly surge development forwards.

Imagine if Crixa were to have a headhunting board, where community members could just out of their own free time and love for the game post things they made to all the small secondary things that aren't core to the game itself. Others in the community could then vote on what they think is the best. They could announce a contest for a light frame model, and then get all kinds of submissions from people who know how to model. Not only would it ease their workload, but also it would make the community feel like part of the game. It would take people who might have just played, and give them a reason to properly chip in their part. They would still have the final say though, as it is their game. They could receive work that is too memory intensive to run, or doesn't work under certain conditions, and then either request that the work be changed in order to function properly in their guidelines, or use what was given as a base for something that they do.

Really what bothers me is the amount of time they are spending on things that aren't actual gameplay.
The enemy AI isn't all that great, and it wasn't for Firefall either. For a three dimensional shooter with fast movement mechanics the enemies need to actually make you use them.
Collsion mechanics aren't all that great. I get 'stuck' on some of the funniest geometry, or have my entire forward momentum cancelled because some random bump in the dirt exists.
We know that they know how to code things like a thumper encounter, so why don't we have that yet? Even if it's just "continually spawn between X and Y number of enemies between A and Z distance from thumper within a N second time frame until thumper finishes" it would be something that people would enjoy. I had all kinds of fun in Firefall running around doing advanced thumpers looking for better and better resources. It was a player controlled encounter, so it made the player feel like they had some agency in a random encounter game.
There needs to be a variety of random encounters in the game. Closed Beta Firefall from when I joined had four, maybe five total different encounters, and only three of those were in the open world. After accumulating literal millions of extra experience on my Tier II frames, the game got a little boring. There wasn't much new, and so I stopped playing for a while. Continually updating the game with things to do will allow for players to feel more engaged, as well as keep them interested.

Something I feel this game really needs is a constantly open Alpha world, no matter how bad or scuffed it is. I would actually help pay to help keep a server up and running, and I'm sure others in the community would as well. The developers could get constant feedback, make changes, and the community could see in real time what is going on in the development of the game. If Crixa were to say they needed X amount of money every month to keep a server up and running, and were going to open it up to be purely community funded, they would have no trouble funding it. Any changes though are coming around three years too late. Unless Crixa actually pushes out continual content this game is as good as dead. There is too much work that needs to be done for the size team they have. Whenever the next funding event comes, they absolutely HAVE to hire full time employees to code. If their goal is even half a million, it gives more than enough money for five people to work full time for a whole year. That kind of dedication would allow Em-8ER to really start showing some polish.

Now for a more personal opinion. If you aren't spending twenty hours a week on something long term then it isn't something you are "working on". At that point it is nothing more than a side hobby that you don't really care too much about. That's less than three hours a day on average, and accumulates to a thousand hours a year. Over the last year, has Em-8ER evolved in such a way that it looks like a thousand hours have been put into it? In my opinion, no it doesn't. One person, working on this part time, could have shown more than what a team of people has. A lot of people have left, others are currently leaving, and more will leave in the future unless Crixa buckles down, and starts putting out actual content. I loved Firefall, and this game has so much potential that it frustrates me to see it tanking. I really want to see Em-8ER become a fantastic game that can entertain thousands for years to come, but with the way things are going, I just don't see it happening.

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
when one reaches more then 6 years of active development time, the foundation and the beginning of the product is heavily outdated, and the prossess has to be redone, stealing more time and resources.
The timeline of Em8er, as others pointed out, is longer than anticipated (maybe an understatement). Fortunately in the last Chief Chat, Grummz admitted that he needed to be more than just one guy and therefore brought on additional help. There was also mention that some assets came with the release of Unreal 5; some time building those assets in Em8er using Unreal 4 was "wasted".

And perhaps in the long haul, Em8er will be benefit from this extended delay. Unreal 5 launched recently and Grummz found Voxel tech with it too.

Lastly, I may as well say that I am too, disappointed in the pace of Em8er development. However since Grummz admitted that he also saw development was too slow, I'm optimistic.

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
@Faeryl mentioned @Ronyn would be posting in the latest announcement on discord still would be nice to have that in the forum too indeed.

Latest - Announcement (Em8er discord)
https://discord.com/channels/198513725978705920/321511041752367125

This is the latest news and could explain the pace of the development.

Ronyn - the Deepstryke Nynja05/05/2022
Hello Reapers, there is no new news on when the next Chief Chat will be. Grummz has the 'rona. He is holding strong and getting plenty of rest. Just a matter of time until he is back to full health and we are back to regular CC style activity. We will keep you updated!

On to the good news! We have two new skins to show off today. They will be credited to anyone subbed last month (March) and this month (April). One pet and one mount. If you were subscribed at the proper times, these skins should be in your inventory already! Please welcome: Draconi, the mecha dragon pet. The skin for March 2022. and Swayer, the mecha horse mount. The skin for April 2022. Note: The silhouettes in these images are not skins, they are there to show scale.

View attachment 5212
View attachment 5213
View attachment 5214

prior to the latest news it has been about

- Em8er Animated waifu stickers for discord (I guess its for the nitro subscription in discord))
- Scam notice not to trust an account named "Developer Message" contacting/sending malicious links (Most probably in Em8er discord)

- Em-8er Lore time line

WW2: 1945
Enshigi Rise to Power 45-2010
Engshi leave Earth 2087
Humanity Leaves Earth 2118
Colonies founded and grow for 150 years 2118-2268
D-Gates Discovered 2268
Gatestriders Homeworld Destroyed 2285
Em-8ER Colonized: 2287

It might seem like that currently, the start and stop of development, but i have a feeling it would be much much more than a hobby it is planning to become

- An established Crixa studio in time
- A Business linked with others to broaden their network
- A Super mmo game that could last!

Well that's what i'd like to think given the benefit of a doubt. Also I am sure many of us know how it feels when a family member is unwell it affects all of us indirectly. Then to take over tasks that they may have done that we overlook... so yes it's essential to keep in good health with the right work balance and with enough support.

Get well soon G man and lets make the dream come to life!

so REAL quick
say i find out about this great game & come to this site & the latest post i see in the official forum is from Feb im not taking it seriously at all. Post all you want on discord but this is where it needs to be as well if your using discord & at the very least post a disclaimer stating where to get the latest info shut everything else off this site

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
See, game devs cant win.
-you work in a firm/studio whit shareholders, income is somewhat secured, but you loose "free will" and have work with impossible deadlines.
-you work as free spirit with crowdfunding/patreon system as the income source, noone tells you how to make the game, but income becomes unreliable and low, and the product itself becomes an enternity project as development is not happening fast enugh. Further on, these rewards for added crowdfunding/patreon has to be made by someone, that means extra time and manpower on top of what the core product demands.
Yes, world took a 2 year pause, we cant change that, what is important is how fast we go back to the time before the pause
he fact that G got the C just further higlights an issue, that sutch a big product and production cannot be centered around one single key person. ideas and visions and workload has to be shared and spread to keep the pace consistent during personell setbacks.
I do feel for the Dev's and yet understand the frustration within the community.

Something I feel this game really needs is a constantly open Alpha world, no matter how bad or scuffed it is. I would actually help pay to help keep a server up and running, and I'm sure others in the community would as well. The developers could get constant feedback, make changes, and the community could see in real time what is going on in the development of the game. If Crixa were to say they needed X amount of money every month to keep a server up and running, and were going to open it up to be purely community funded, they would have no trouble funding it. Any changes though are coming around three years too late. Unless Crixa actually pushes out continual content this game is as good as dead. There is too much work that needs to be done for the size team they have. Whenever the next funding event comes, they absolutely HAVE to hire full time employees to code. If their goal is even half a million, it gives more than enough money for five people to work full time for a whole year. That kind of dedication would allow Em-8ER to really start showing some polish.
Gaming communities are talented. In every hundred gamers there is going to be someone with enough knowledge to be helpful. This seems to be truer the more niche the game is, as they aren't visited by the casual manchild crowd. If Crixa would freelance work out to the community, then things could get done much quicker. Models, animations, little quality of life improvements in games that aren't part of the core gameplay could be easily handed off. These things take time to implement, and freeing up that time could truly surge development forwards.

Imagine if Crixa were to have a headhunting board, where community members could just out of their own free time and love for the game post things they made to all the small secondary things that aren't core to the game itself. Others in the community could then vote on what they think is the best. They could announce a contest for a light frame model, and then get all kinds of submissions from people who know how to model. Not only would it ease their workload, but also it would make the community feel like part of the game. It would take people who might have just played, and give them a reason to properly chip in their part. They would still have the final say though, as it is their game. They could receive work that is too memory intensive to run, or doesn't work under certain conditions, and then either request that the work be changed in order to function properly in their guidelines, or use what was given as a base for something that they do.
Very much like @OrderedChaos ideas it could help the Em8er team build up and to help delegate and focus better in its goals. Its skilled Em8er community team could also help and having 2 teams like that could surely speed things up and bring more great ideas and updates to see :cool:

say i find out about this great game & come to this site & the latest post i see in the official forum is from Feb im not taking it seriously at all. Post all you want on discord but this is where it needs to be as well if your using discord & at the very least post a disclaimer stating where to get the latest info shut everything else off this site
Yes it is sad that the forum is second in comparison to Em8er discord with updates.
Simply when new updates are put out it should be available for both Em8er discord and Em8er forum at least done on the same day.

I don't agree with shutting everything off the site though.

I trust in our very smart community and the Dev's together we can do great things \o/

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Post all you want on discord but this is where it needs to be as well if your using discord & at the very least post a disclaimer stating where to get the latest info shut everything else off this site
It's only recently too that the official YouTube is active, and the Twitter has gone silent again after a large number of posts. The forum should exist as THE source for Em-8ER news and updates, rather than the DIscord.

Grummz has essentially admitted to running out of money and that he is unable to deliver on M3, now I don't think it's the case but it sets a terrible precedent moving forward cause if he couldn't deliver on M3 with 5 times the funding he asked for plus much much more where's the guarantee he will be able to deliver on the Kickstarter?
I think it's a bit more complicated then that. I had a look at the M3 campaign and what they set out to do. It then overfunded, which meant that there wouldn't need to be additional milestone funding until the Kickstarter. The issue I see is primarily scope creep in the form of continuous improvements to the game. These aren't even new features most of the time, just existing features that are constantly being updated. Example:

Omniframes - Mk1 was fine. Mk2 was better. Each frame has the same base, with increasing size and armour.
Initially: Mk2 was complete. The medium omniframe was due to be the only frame in the demos.
Now: The Mk3 version of ALL THREE omniframe are slated for the demos. Issues compounded by each type receiving a redesign and requiring separate animations for each action and ability. Heavy frame will likely need its own movement redone.
What happened: Art Pass broke all three archetypes out into their own designs.

Characters - Original characters were fine. They had a Firefall-esque stylistic ugliness to them. Slated for redesign, probably to increase marketability. No sense selling cosmetics for ugly characters.
Initially: Female character redesign was the first goal in the Monthly Patron. The redesign was aesthetically pleasing, if a little "Alice in Wonderland"-ish.
Now: Everybody gets a redesign. Human male only seen in stills.

Tsi-hu - Art build demo Tis-hu looked good. Beast mode looked good.
Initially: Still good. Beast mode was never added to the demos so no one really got a change to look at them. Spawn out of rifts that appear at random.
Now: Tsi-hu have been redesigned, and their lore fleshed out more. Arahna-type enemies modelled and some animations done for them. Beast mode still nowhere in sight. They teleport in by falling out of the sky.

So while I wouldn't say it's Grummz admitting to running out of funds, I think it's more Grummz wanting to do more things. The additional funding is a symptom of a bigger problem, and it's the cause that needs to stop. I think this was mentioned by those talking about his mismanagement of Firefall, which is concerning. It'd be better if they stopped working on new things and worked on what was initially promised. Either that, or be more transparent with what was being worked on so the community could provide feedback on whether or not they cared about it. It's difficult to say which would be better.

1. Development '''seems''' like it has gone snail pace.
Checked my archive. We're almost at the end of May 2022 with no demo this year. The Catgirl demo is nice, but it's not gameplay.

Playing devil's advocate, I like the Art Pass and what it achieves. I like the renders of the skins as a proof the skins are worth the cost. I like hearing that the light frame isn't released yet because it doesn't pass quality control. I like that they're hiring on new people with specialities to work on the project rather than just Grummz and a handful of (though very talented) part-timers. I'm willing to wait, but they have to be willing to read the room and realise that some long-time members of the community who were supportive are losing faith.

Thinking more about the roadmap, I'm also willing to cede that it's unlikely to release until they have Marc up to speed, along with the hard surface modeller and animator they're looking for. The roadmap requires them to be there working to calculate how long it's realistically going to take. Fair enough, I think.

They could at least prepare something for this next currently unscheduled Chief Chat.