[Exo.core] Game dev. hobbyist reporting for duty

Volgrim

Forerunner
Jan 14, 2019
Hello friends! I am a part time game developer, 3D model freelancer, and community leader.

A little background:
When I turned 14, I bought my first computer. I was excited to play new games and got really into testing every mmo I could get my hands on. Finally I found a game called SecondLife in 2003.

This game had built in 3D model tools, scripting, and tons of space to work in a sandbox environment. This is where I learned how to tinker with 3D models and make them do stuff. I never went to school.

Today, I have evolved with the times and use Blender to make 3D models, and substance painter to texture them. Perhaps not the ideal workflow for studios these days, but they get the job done. Sometimes I will even play around in script editing to make things work or animation programs to make custom animations for avatars.

I have been running a store called Exo.core within SecondLife for about a decade now, so I have picked up some marketing experience too.

In SecondLife, I have a good following in the community of fans that enjoy my work who I interact with regularly. I am also the leader of a roleplay military faction I created with over 50 members. They use my weapons, vehicles, and other various equipment to fight other similar factions in a quirky combat experience. In a way, the experience I provide them is an entire game with it's own development team consisting of my friends who script for me while I make all the physical assets.

I am no professional or school taught designer, but I have 16 years of hobbyist and freelance experience. I am very easy to work with and get along great with people in community building projects.

I will post examples of my 3D work shortly. I hope you guys like some of it.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Did play sl for sometime in a zombie sim and also a place where they had sumo tournaments to win lindens think it was called pixel sumo was fun while it lasted.