Exclusive Temporary Rewards

Astro

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
I'd like to see exclusive temporary rewards for top players/armies in certain categories.

For example:
Top 50 players with highest resource collection gain for the week get a custom skin for their THMPR for a week.
Top 50 highest mob kill count get a specific custom skin for their Omniframe for a week.
Top 3 Armies .......

Something along those lines. The examples above might not be fair or make sense, but you
catch my drift.

It could add a layer to end game content as you are constantly trying to be the highest
in certain areas. And the rewards are temporary, so you never stop playing for them.

I would be cautious on doing anything other than cosmetic rewards, as people might be upset if
the top player in a certain category gets some form of boost. Or maybe not?

Perhaps armies with the highest resource collection delta for the week get an extra X
amount of resources as a bonus from the large corporations sponsoring them for doing
so well in the field.

You could potentially split up new players, and old, into different brackets. Players who are vets are in
one bracket, and new players are in another. That way even new players have a chance for
some neato exclusive rewards.

What do you guys think? Can you think of any weekly/monthly challenge that would be
beneficial to increasing end game content and adding another layer of fun?

Or is my idea ridiculous :p

Last edited:

Nubilus

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Base Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Nice idea.

I know a few games that give you stuff for achieving something in e.g. Ranked PvP or being in Top *insert number here* of some kind of ladder.
The temporary skin is an okay idea. It gives you the feeling of having achieved something through hard work.
I don't think bonus resources are a good reward. It would give the "good" players a bigger advantage.

Yes, yes I know its a skill based game and skill should be rewarded but with other things than resources.