Everyone's favorite food from their places ?!?!?

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
American here and wow what a loaded question. Cant say my top three favorites are an American original, honestly. Between Asian, Italian and Mexican foods, our BBQ really isn't up there. But lets go with the plains, good ol' fashion farm food. Pot roast! Large piece of chuck roast, load up carrots, potatoes, onions, simple spices. Croc pot for a few hours and simple soup roll on the side.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
As a Finn i tend to like shepard's pie, smashed potatos made from rosamunda potatos with hint of real cream and sea salt and if the potatos are like fresh hint of dill. I do prefer basic grilled food with the smashed potatos (also boar, elk, moose or rabbit then occasionally reindeer if i can afford it or if someone my dad knows has been hunting and they got extra). My fauvorite desert is rhubarb strawberry soup with vanilla icecream or whipped cream or pudding, to balance out the rhubarb. (According to some studies rhubarb actually "eats" kalcium so it's good to balance it out with milk products.)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
These are some foods i certainly enjoy!

Pasta is nice don't really need pasta singing pasta helper but why not and al dente pasta is
so tasty when its nice and warm.

Tofu nomnonmnonmnomnomnomnomn these go well in my tummy!

This is delicious too especially with the pomegranates like the texture its alternative to rice and much
more soft

This one is like rice pudding and very creamy without the sweetness can use alternative milk for different taste e.g. almond milk, soya etc

This is another delicious snack i guess would probably eat 3 of those
without the cheese and some modifications maybe adding some walnuts or using kidney beans instead or mung beans.

https://youtu.be/EBP7V7MdHeE
Traditional porridge is delicious soaking over night makes the porridge much more creamy and soft
plus adding fruits or nuts to make it more interesting is good too i like it with pumpkin seeds or crushed up peanuts, red grapes and a few chopped mint leaves

Food sure brings everyone together :) at the table!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Today we had a simple toasted sandwich with mushroom, spinach, little olive oil, seeded bread the best is its soft and the outside has a nice light crunchy texture. Sometimes i try to put too much and it over powers so i think few foods is better.

An another snack is the corn thins and choco it is like choco popcorn but a disc shape fast snack
I like dark choco because it has a little bitterness and corn thins nice with this!

Aug 5, 2017
UK
My fab food has to be what my mum cooks. Her variations on Chicken curry and Chilli con carne are heavenly - if im going out (hmm, not sure when that was), then a good spanish tapas (Potata Brava...yummy) hits the spot aswell !!

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Years back there was a Chinese restaurant that we would frequent that was run by a husband and wife. They had a special dish...General Tso's Shrimp. That has been one of my fav's ever since but basically no place makes it around our home. :(

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
At least here in the States, harvest time of the year brings out some of the most special recipes.

My favorite place to eat is at home with my families cooking. Doesn't matter where the recipe comes from, just as long as our time together is bountiful.

This I may try here in a couple weeks.