Events for Expansions!

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
In many MMO, the lore talk about an epic war that happened before the player arrives in the game (in some games, a lot of time before, in others it is part of the tutorial), and after playing for some time, we reach to conclusion that if those wars were in the game, they could be one of the coolest things in those games.
And in most games after a new update or expansion arrives, players get access to new stuff, locations, enemies… for no reason at all.

So, what if we could have some kind of epic event or big war before the expansion arrives to make a perfect excuse for new content?
For example: it is planned for the next expansion in Em8er new abilities, frames, weapons, enemies…, but the expansion will be divided in several parts; in the first part the tsi-hu will make a massive attack with new enemies for one week, and the new content could be added by players actions for the outcome of that war(event).
If players win the event, their scientists could use the technology of the corpses of the new enemies to make the new equipment.
If players lose the event, they could have access to the new equipment as prototypes to help win the war that will be extended for one more week.
In this way, the game lore will give an excuse for players to get access to new stuff instead of just drop the new expansion for no reason.

What do you think?

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
I mean i guess that's some good ideas, the thing is tho, we're already in this epic war (this is an MPW after all, not just a simple MMO), and the only enemies that can possibly pop up are the tsi-hu and their pet Kaijus, the only exception is the Enshigi but if they do want to attack us they can wipe us out super easily so i don't think that's a viable option for an addition of an enemy faction.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
The idea of new enemies being introduced on world wipe resetting things, and subsequent crafting, would be a very cool way to bring us lore+patch. Could do this on each of the future milestones. Would garner more interest and hype for funding.

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
I mean i guess that's some good ideas, the thing is tho, we're already in this epic war (this is an MPW after all, not just a simple MMO), and the only enemies that can possibly pop up are the tsi-hu and their pet Kaijus, the only exception is the Enshigi but if they do want to attack us they can wipe us out super easily so i don't think that's a viable option for an addition of an enemy faction.
The idea was not a new kind of enemies, just new types of tsi-hu and kaiju (or stronger ones, or more) playing a big move against gatestriders before a new milestone.
The think that Mahdi understood some of the idea.