epic em8er opening cutscene

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
the thought occured to me that we needed one, so I wrote one. It's far from perfect, but it's a good starting point. I feel it pays a touch of homage to the og firefall opening cutscene but a little more dynamic.

warning: text wall incoming:

EPIC EM8ER OPENING CUTSCENE

(setting: Em-8ER. Night. The gatesrider’s base. 3 operators are sitting at a table outside a restaurant, 2 male, one female.)

M1: So I said “Enshigi? I thought you said spaghetti!”

(all 3 laugh hysterically for a moment)

M2: That story cracks me up every time. Hey, my gingermelon’s here (waiter brings odd-looking hybrid of ginger root and watermelon)

M1: Dude, why do you order that every tie we come here? It smells awful.

M2: Hey, don’t knock my melon. It’s good for you. Full of them antioxidants.

M1: Whatever man, I’ll stick with my grav juice. D**n I miss meat.

M2: Amen to that brother.

F: Men and their meat. So, this is our new home.

M1: Needs more wildlife if you ask me

M2: Dude, what you think we’re here for?

(both men laugh hysterically for 2 moments, woman glares at them.)

M1: Hey, speaking of wildlife, have you heard the stories?

M2: Yeah, but I don’t believe them. I mean, sentient xenomorphs the size of our Thumpers? Please, next they’ll tell us there’s giant beasts the size of Mount Vendufin back home. The high ups just made those up to scare us into working harder.

M1: I once thumped a gal on the peak of Vendufin.

F: Ugh, gross. Well, I say if they are real, bring them on, I’ll vaporize every last one of those things.

M1: Uh huh, sure you will.

F: You wanna go?

(alarms blare)

M2: Looks like your duel will have to wait. Break time’s over.

M1: Wait, that’s not the back to work alarm.

(female’s face registers shock; she realizes what the alarms mean)

F: Uh, guys, lets get to our frames, like NOW.

(M1 is about to argue, but M2 notices a Tsi-hu in the distance at the gates and points it out to his friends. They get into their frames and then to the front lines.)

(Cut to the front gates, tsi-hu perspective. All speech is in tsi-hu with subtitles. One Tsihu commander, his aide and an army in the background)

C: [Break their formation, we need to get through]

(cut to a bloddy battle between frames and shifters, the shifters appear to be winning, then...)

(cut back to the tsihu commander; a soldier comes up to him and whispers in his ear)

C: [All units fall back. We have what we came for]

A: [But we almost have the base.]

C: (leans in close, almost threateningly) [we didn’t come here for their base, unless you have new orders. Do you have new orders for your commander?]

A: (gulp) [No sir.]

C: [Then we fall back. Let the meatbags think they’ve won. Their time is near.]

(back to the battlefield, the shifters are retreating)

(cut to the inside of the base after the battle. The humans from earlier are in their batleframes, M1 is in an assault, M2 is in a tank, and F is in a medic)

M1: Yeah, you better run!

M2: And don’t come back!

(both men whoop and their frames high 5.)

F: Guys, they were retreating even though we were the ones taking most of the losses.

M2: Maybe they’re afraid.

M1: Yeah, afraid of winning.

(both guys laugh hysterically, woman shake her head and tends to the wounded.)

F: Wait, do you hear that?

(guys stop laughing and listen to a sound that gets louder and louder and at its peak a shockwave of energy envelops the base, utterly destroying everything and everyone inside. Fade to black.)

5 years earlier

(begin character creation/tutorial)

I know I have several different spelling of tsihu but I'm too tired to fix it right now.

EDIT: I meant to write "5 years LATER" because this cutscene supposedly happened before the game's events take place. I'm tired and confused it with the og firefall cutscene.

Last edited:

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
second draft, second wall of text:

EPIC EM8ER OPENING CUTSCENE

(setting: Em-8ER. Night. The gatesrider’s base. 3 operators are sitting at a table outside a restaurant, 2 male, one female.)

M1: So I said “Enshigi? I thought you said spaghetti!”

(all 3 laugh hysterically for a moment)

M2: That story cracks me up every time. Hey, my gingermelon’s here (waiter brings odd-looking hybrid of ginger root and watermelon)

M1: Dude, why do you order that every tie we come here? It smells awful.

M2: Hey, don’t knock my melon. It’s good for you. Full of them antioxidants.

M1: Whatever man, I’ll stick with my grav juice. D**n I miss meat.

M2: Amen to that brother.

F: Men and their meat. So, this is our new home.

M1: Needs more wildlife if you ask me.

M2: Dude, why’d you think they brought US here?

(both men laugh hysterically for 2 moments, woman glares at them.)

M1: Hey, speaking of wildlife, have you heard the stories?

M2: Yeah, but I don’t believe them. I mean, sentient xenomorphs the size of our Thumpers? Please, next they’ll tell us there’s giant beasts the size of Mount Vendufin {vehn-doo-fin} back home. The high ups just made those up to scare us into working harder.

M1: I once thumped a gal on the peak of Vendufin.

F: Ugh, gross. Well, I say if they are real, bring them on, I’ll vaporize every last one of those things.

M1: As if you could take them on single handed.

F: why not? I could take you with no hands.

M1: I’d love to see you try.

(alarms blare)

M2: Looks like your duel will have to wait. Break time’s over.

M1: Wait, that’s not the back to work alarm.

(female’s face registers shock; she realizes what the alarms mean)

F: Uh, guys, lets get to our frames, like NOW.

(M1 is about to argue, but M2 notices a Tsi-hu in the distance at the gates and points it out to his friends. They get into their frames and then to the front lines.)

(cut to a bloddy battle between frames and shifters, the shifters appear to be winning, then...)

(Cut to the front gates, tsi-hu perspective. All speech is in tsi-hu with subtitles. One Tsihu commander, his aide and an army in the background)

C: [Keep fighting, my army, we need them occupied] //line needs work

(messenger whispers in his ear)

C: [All units fall back. We have the artifact.]

A: [But we’ve almost taken the base.]

C: (leans in close, almost threateningly) [we didn’t come here for their base, unless you have new orders. Do you have new orders for your commander?]

A: (gulp) [No sir.]

C: [Then we fall back. Let the meatbags think they’ve won. Their time is near.]

(back to the battlefield, the shifters are retreating)

(cut to the inside of the base after the battle. The humans from earlier are in their batleframes, M1 is in an assault, M2 is in a tank, and F is in a medic)

M1: Yeah, you better run!

M2: And don’t come back!

(both men whoop and their frames high 5.)

F: Guys, they were retreating even though we were the ones taking most of the losses.

M2: Maybe they’re cowards.

M1: Dude, that wasn’t cowardice, that was laziness.

(both guys laugh hysterically, woman shake her head and begins to tends to the wounded, then stops and looks around.)

F: Wait, do you hear that?

(guys stop laughing and listen to a sound that gets louder and louder and at its peak a shockwave of energy envelops the base, utterly destroying everything and everyone inside. Fade to black.)

5 years later...

(begin character creation/tutorial)