Ember forums are LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Well folks, here we are. Thanks to your dedicated crowdfunding efforts, we now have a place to call home for Ember!

For those of you unfamiliar with Ember, its a fan-funded revival of the original goals and beta of Firefall, as lead by Mark Kern, creator of Firefall and former team lead for vanilla WoW. Er, that's me...talking about myself in 3rd person. But you get the idea.

The game changed dramatically after I left and became much more of a traditional MMO at launch. Many fans wanted to see Firefall stay true to its original vision, and that's where this all started.

I launched a petition on change.org to gauge interest, and to date we've received over 1,800 signatures to remake Firefall (called Ember). At some point, fans wanted forums and a website home for the growing Ember project. We did a fundraiser on IndieGoGo and, to our shock, exceeded 580% of our funding goals!

We decided to use the extra money to develop Ember further, creating new concept art for the player frame, orthographics for the T.H.M.P.R. mech, and also concept the alien enemy species that will serve as humanity's opposition in the game. We'll post these update here on our new forums, as well as our upcoming product page.

But first, we promised a website and forums for Ember, to help promote the game and garner more signatures and build more demand. This is it, delivered on time despite me injuring my back badly over the weekend. I didn't want to let that stop me from delivering on a promise. In addition, we plan a simple product website that will explain more of the game and host longer updates on its progress. That should be up shortly as well.

So thank you, once again, for helping Ember come alive as a project. It should be very interesting to see where we go from here!

- Mark Kern

Shyruni

Jul 26, 2016
I'm glad to hear it succeeded so well! I really enjoyed the concept of Firefall, and as somewhat of a game designer I understand how seeing your baby turn into something completely different could be stressful. You have my full support man, and hopefully the forums will be put to good use.

lOrD gHoSt

Base Commander
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
would have someone told me this would come of Firefall on the day i bought a Founders Pack... would done it anyway :D
a mount, especialy the Locust was/is too damn important! ^^

sooo, im scrubbing up some hard earned money to get me something similar for Ember!
lets get the party started!
:eek:

yes yes, helping fund this thing with the money is important too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.