Ember/Firefall-ish Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Lelouch never died at the end of season 2 and season 3 is just another is a way to extend it because it is still highly rated, the Japanese ending is different to the English one. There's reasons not to like some of my suggestions cause there isn't much of a variety of mecha lol, Ange does get abused in cross ange, but it's apart of how Norma's are badly treated like the other characters etc, etc, the whole story is fantasy too, with mana, and people morphing into dragons, portals, parallel dimensions, etc. I can't really suggested many others other than neon genesis Evangalion, guran lagan and guilty crown.

I have watched all of these except for Gundam =)
Nice ;)
I reckon you'd like Gate. Maybe Log Horizon (Japanese sub season 2) and even RWBY (on YouTube free)

Last edited:

Wintersiege

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Hebron, ND USA
Nice ;)
I reckon you'd like Gate. Maybe Log Horizon (Japanese sub season 2) and even RWBY (on YouTube free)
Well my avatar is in fact Rory so yeah GATE is a given =) Log Horizon was great, Myucel (sp?) is about the best maid charcater in any anime though Virgo from Fairy Tail has her own sick and twisted charm and yeah RWBY is simply amazing! I like how the show has transitioned from the light hearted action show at the start to the pretty grimm (/rimshot) affair at the end of last season. I am really looking forward to see how the gang grows in light of what happened, especially Jaune.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
I like how the show has transitioned from the light hearted action show at the start to the pretty grimm (/rimshot) affair at the end of last season.
Sadly I don't know how much of that is the original author's work - he didn't make it through an heart operation and died a few months before season 2 started.

Wintersiege

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Hebron, ND USA
Sadly I don't know how much of that is the original author's work - he didn't make it through an heart operation and died a few months before season 2 started.
While that is true I think the creative team that worked with Monty is doing their utmost to stay true to his vision. This last season was very impressive especially the latter half of it. If you are not up to date on RWBY then I would highly recomend that you check it out. I am so looking forward to this new season and probably have my hopes set ridiculously high.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
While that is true I think the creative team that worked with Monty is doing their utmost to stay true to his vision. This last season was very impressive especially the latter half of it. If you are not up to date on RWBY then I would highly recomend that you check it out. I am so looking forward to this new season and probably have my hopes set ridiculously high.
When I heard the chief was gone I was sad.
I was waiting for reports on the show to gauge the future quality but what I got was hopeless.
Maybe I hit the vocal minority again, but I still deleted the bookmarks for the RWBY BRs over in the RoosTeeth store.

TGVirus

Firstclaimer
Ark Liege
Jul 28, 2016
Bucharest, Romania
My recommendations for mecha is Code geas R1, R2 and season 3, knights of Sidonia.
You forgot Guilty Crown in that list :)
Fafner, Blue Gender, Blassreiter, they have a good mecha theme.
Macross series (not SDF Macross) and Martian Successor Nadesico are also good, but kinda hard to digest.

And regarding the Gurren Lagann theme, Mazinkaizer SKL is similar (a short 3part story).

I wanted to add another good title, but i cant find it atm, sorry :(
Edit: found it! it was Heroic age. Eluded me 'cause the name is in katakana... for some reason i seem to always jump over texts in katakana.... needs more practice i think :D

Last edited:

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
almost all episodes of black relic have been picked up by other subers, missing 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.