Ember/Firefall-ish Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintersiege

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Hebron, ND USA
So I have been watching an insane amount of anime lately and never happened accross any anime that would be similar to Ember/Firefall type stuff outside of the the 3rd arc of Robotech (the bastardiszed US version) with the post apocolyptic Earth, Invid invaders, and Cyclone units that fought about as close to Firefall battleframes. Anyone have any suggestions?

Smile

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
New Zealand
www.twitch.tv
Anime is extremely expensive to produce, so other than speculating we can't even begin to expect something like this.

Otherwise it sounds cool, not sure if it would be my kinda show though as I would rather play than watch it.

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
You want battleframes, post apocaliptic with aliens or both?

If you don't mind the giant robots there's always gurren laggan, break blade, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari (this one got extra long episodes)
the closest thing to having actual battleframes i can think of is infinite stratos and if you don't mind the cheesiness it's kinda fun.

Keep in mind that's only the stuff i've watched and i'm not a fan of post apocaliptic in general, if you look i'm sure you'll find more, though like 99% of the animes that could match your request have "super special giant robots" which i personally find a bit over the top

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
break blade is magitech as is gasaraki to some extent.

I can suggest kuromokuro (black relict), but it seems even HS has stopped to sub it for whatever reason.
- alien human invaders on near future earth (not yet solar civ), of course superior technology
- ancient mecha technology has been unearthed by mankind, reverse engineered and adapted into sub-par facsimiles
- the unearthed black relict has a mobile cockpit that doubles as stasis capsule. upon invasion of japan, it reactivates and unfreezes the pilot, a young samurai from the 1600s hell bend to take revenge for the abduction of his liege.

Wintersiege

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Hebron, ND USA
Kuromokuro is indeed on my list but I am kind of waiting for this current season to finalize before I marathon all the shows I am interested in watching which I think most end next week. Breakblade is also on my list but iirc it gets a lot of flak for 3d CGI which I honestly dont mind in anime these days.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
My recommendations for mecha is Code geas R1, R2 and season 3, knights of Sidonia.
Cross Ange is good too, (just get past the first few episodes of character building).
I'm now watching Gundam: Iron blooded orphans.

Last edited:

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
I don't understand the fascination with cross ange - the mech design is weird, the mode change nonsense and the control ergonomics only work because rule of cool.
After something i can only name clairvoyant enlightenment I stopped watching it somewhere past half way the cour and pushed catching up back until 3 episodes later when I saw screenshots popping up of ange suffering sexual abuse by magic from people identified by the poster as family members.
Obviously I have been put off the show ever since and don't really plan trying to pick it back up.

Code geass season 3? What is that supposed to be? The alice in wonderland thing or whatever is an alternate universe like muv luv is to muv luv alternate: total eclipse and muv luv: schwarze marken.

Unless LéLauch is shown to be a deathless geass person like CC-chan was before the victory parade, I won't accept it as continuation. Or any other sensibly way of him surviving that flesh wound.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
The only gundam I enjoy are the different plastic model shows. the two one shots (Mobile Suit Gunpla Beginning G, BFT: Island wars), Gundam Build Fighters and Build Fighters try.
Even if they suffer from the same cheese like the original shows.
Don't get me wrong, I like overpowered characters like Saitama and Mob-kun, but the supposed conflicts enveloping the superhuman nutypes and their friends and enemies and pets and toys are boring in my opinion.

The toy line looks interesting, though. Even tho I don't get how customization works and totaly won't buy any of them.

Last edited:

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
Back when I still modeled and did sound and BSP fixes for halo custom, we simply collaberated over teamviewer and did our fileTransfers over xFire, It gets the job done.
xFire is gone now of course. So that's a speedbump

Proficiency and freetime are a must, when you can't hire 'other's to portray your idea :)

Want to make a story? Start doing
Monty Oum would love that xD Don't just sit there and watch stuff, make stuff too

Status
Not open for further replies.