Email about converting account to new game account?

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Hi, I seem to recall about 2 weeks ago receiving an email saying something about having to do something to set up a game account... But I can't find the email now.. maybe I was drunk and imagined it(quite possible)? Is there something we need to do to get a game login in preparation for the alpha?

Thanks,

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
The forums were updated about a week ago so that when there's a game the accounts will sync together, but other than that I'm not aware of any additional log ins. Perhaps someone else can jump in here to verify.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
As far as I know, the Em-8ER Team is still working on that portion of the website.
The only change last week was the Em-8ER Forums' software, Xenforo, getting upgraded to version 2.0.
However, I'm sure either Grummz or Ronyn will make an announcement when things are ready.

AHA! An email went out on April 9th, 2018 titled, "NEW Em-8ER Forums Completely Overhauled!"
This might be what you were thinking of @Valaetoshiru .

Here is the text of that email:

Hi everyone! In preparation of adding an official Em-8ER account system that will unify your game and forum accounts, we've upgraded to the major new revision of our forum software. Xenforo 2 is the new version of our forum software and it changes a lot of what is under the hood. We had to have Fillmore and Xeevis port our old Devtracker, Discord and other plug-ins to work with the new version of the forums. The address is the same: https://forums.em8er.com So, Welcome to the new Em-8ER forums! We hope you like the new theme, layout and functionality. As part of this, however, we've disabled Google/Facebook/Twitter logins, you will have to use "reset password" in order to get a new password to be able to log into the forums. If you have trouble with this, use the Discord link above to let us know right away so we can fix it. We disabled these options because Google API was having an issue with Xenforo 2. Also, as data privacy becomes more important, we decided it was a better protection of people's privacy if we didn't use their login services, which would have fed them information. We respect your privacy! We hope you enjoy the new forums and see you can expect me to be very active on this this week. Thank you! - Grummz

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool: