Em8er dreams

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
How do you vision em8er in your dream is it ultra realistic or cartoony what if it was a certain look
but when you entered another gate portal it would be cell shaded or something different.

What if max payne slow-mo was introduced would the kaiju be slow enough to see it wink back?

How big could the em8er universe be and how far in the solar system could it expand???

and now to

one of my em8er dreams:

It starts of with a usual day i wake up out of my chamber check my station to see of any new updates nothing much so far in my area. A closer look and in the far corner of my screen is an area that has been disrupted hmmmmmmmmmmm

Give my mech a clean its got to look good and hop in, but then i change my mind and go on my bike. The ground is uneven the bike thankfully has good suspension and little kaiju's start to form on the hill top.

So i stop and look from the distance and there is huge tall creature the kaiju of all kaiju its very far away and this is good hopefully it hasnt spotted me yet. My curiosity gets the better of me so i ride in that direction and ride past the kaiju.

Kaiju is annoyed and its expression hasn't changed because it was already annoyed to begin with!!
Anyways i try to ride up its back just as i get to its shoulder it shrugs and i fly in the air.
Thats when i RELEASE THE WINGS :cool:

It roars at me or looks in shock so the natural thing is to fly inside and then i am trapped my bike has a tracking becon. Now i await my fellow team mates to help. On the bright side it needs a bit of decorating some what gaseous but liveable for now.

Now your wondering does a kaiju have a rear exit hmm not that i recall in the dream it does have pores which releases gas, heat and additional poop. So noticing the pores opening timed it right to get out but it closes and well i continue to wait :eek:

My team mates finally arrived and they all get trapped inside so we all decided to ride very fast in the underbelly while honking excessively. We gave it problems as it coughed and we all flew out back into the world. Escaping the near death experience of such a kaiju was traumatic for some!

Later on after many nights we decided to make a plan to send in bots inside the kaiju at night it would eat the kaiju from the inside but the life of the bot was short because it uses alot of energy. So we did and you ever imagine a kaiju on a diet this was it, like a godzilla on a fashion shoot it was horrid but it got the job done.

We finally took the kaiju once it was weak enough and froze it in the furthest area of the icey mountains. So far we know its laying there dormant could anything wake it up is it dead, shrugs?

That was just one of many dreams!

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Here calm down panda... Just take your pills.

Seriously, I can completely imagine how EM-8ER will be like in-game, but i never dreamt about it, neither did i ever dream about 40K which i'm crazily invested in, both in games and lore. Guess i don't dream about things i'm passionate about.

Feb 17, 2017
I know it won't be like firefall were.
In my dreams, Em8er looks like Firefall. I mean, there would be a lot of large maps with a combination between nature ( copacabana) and destruction (devil tusk). But it cannot be possible because the game will be a new pacific rim with big Kai Ju and Big Robots... I'd like we could fight against unit alien (just like Chosen in FF) all over the large open world. We could made up our own decision about how to play in this game.
Finally, if only Em8er were the new better Firefall without annoying quest but massive exploration and intense fights ! (without massive scy'fy Robots too... :/)

(sorry for my mistakes, I don't speak English well).

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I know it won't be like firefall were.
In my dreams, Em8er looks like Firefall. I mean, there would be a lot of large maps with a combination between nature ( copacabana) and destruction (devil tusk). But it cannot be possible because the game will be a new pacific rim with big Kai Ju and Big Robots... I'd like we could fight against unit alien (just like Chosen in FF) all over the large open world. We could made up our own decision about how to play in this game.
Finally, if only Em8er were the new better Firefall without annoying quest but massive exploration and intense fights ! (without massive scy'fy Robots too... :/)

(sorry for my mistakes, I don't speak English well).
Its cool that but i have to confess i do like the quests :O :D

I was just curious to know how everyone dreams em8er would be maybe there is a correlation on specific things or just plain odd events hmm

Do you ever get hyped by a game even when there is so much doubts and question i experience this in warframe when it was in early stages but it has blossomed since then. Hands down em8er to me with the community behind it is going to be epic maybe i am just a fan boy lol or just dream too much either way if we dont believe in the potential and skills of those who are making the game we might as well play candy crush and call it the best mmo ever :O

But i still like to have a super mario kart mech game playing on a snes controller for some reason mario kart just impacted my life :D

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
After watching pacific rim uprising i wondered from what i understood could work in em8er?

- Have a mech Academy to train as mech pilots with various mech class
starting with a bog standard mech/junkyard mech working towards better mechs
of higher quality parts to Giga mechs

- A high tech industry that makes mechs who have a joint task force with your chosen faction.

- Scientists/reseachers working to develop improved technology advancement but 1 becomes crazy
using kaiju brain and combining the mech!!

- kaiju's are not the only threat its the stolen mechs used by the crazy scientist and anyone else for that matter,
such as bandits like in firefall!

- After the previous battle the junkyard is where many old pieces of mechs lay there are those who make their own custom
junkyard mech but it is illegal and policed by the factions so perhaps they are living underground. The junkyard mechs are light and can turn into a ball rolling away.

- rare element found at higher altitudes such as volcanoes meaning higher risk from environment as well as enemies

- 2 person mech where one controls movements and main weapon while partner controls auxiliary cannons situated behind and can switch to front firing perhaps this could be a mech variation

- escape pods on larger mechs especially giga mechs as they are much taller

- 3-5 kaiju's combine to form a mega kaiju with the help of smaller organisms/nanobots

- breach opened up by multiple rogue mech's with high powered energy beams in the sea!

- holographic command center i remember one in firefall!

- mech with martial art moves round house kicks etc perhaps lighter mechs

2020 em8er movie?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I saw this and thought how amazing the g-suit could be at night in a synchronized dance or when doing powerful moves or even some signal if your in danager the light stripes pulse red like the heart beats hmm

Then i saw this and thought i like this hat in the game because raiden :D

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
I'd like em8er to deliver the same feel as firefall. not gamplay or what ever. I'm talking about the fact that when ever you wanted some hardcore fast gameplay you would get it on either doing raids or cool missions. But, it also has a slower gameplay for people that were tired as hell from playing for hours and it's like 4am. I would look at what I need for the next build and I would thump alone or with my friends all passing out from sleep. It had everything you wanted. Hell sometimes I would be hangliding from point a to point b just helping people, chillin, enjoying the beauty. You want to mess around with the market and spend time checking out the gear to see what's for sale.....anything. Nothing out there was like firefall and that is what I'm missing and that's the feel I want in ember.

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
for the game to not die after 2 years is my dream, also for it to get support and devolpment on a weekly basis. unlike firefall where once it was full release there wasnt anymore support for it.
I remember the developers always working their arses off trying to deliver on new patches. Some I believe didn't get paid for their work for a long time. But, they did do what they were told. I think it was The9's ideas that ultimately killed firefall and red5 all together. But, one of the silent killers that also helped destroy firefall were the trends that were going on at the time. I remember it was very popular to stream in twitch and firefall was never the kind of game to deliver in that front. It wasn't like dayz or PUBG. Firefall is an amazing game but, to play not to stream. So since most gamers were trying youtube and twitch as a job to make a living they were forced to drop it. They got no views. I know this very well cause my friend was one of them. He has now about 76k subs. It was the reason he left his friends and firefall. I couldn't care less about youtube so I never left. But, now people know those places aren't a good source to rely on for making a living. So now we might get a more honest and solid following that cares about how the game plays instead of how many views will deliver. Hard to believe, but that was one of Firefall's silent killers.

Last edited: