Em-8ER Video Update 7. CHOOSE YOUR WEAPONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
My favorite weapons were the arsenal's ability that would shoot shoulder rockets and they would go where ever you would point. Similar to that was the one assault had. I also liked the heavy laser machinegun from rhino a lot. The recluse secondary shot puff of poison....loved it. I couldn't get enough of the cannonball ability from assault or the booster was also cool. But, my favorite to use was the healing ability from the dragonfly that would heal everyone under the dome. I believe it was the 4th and strongest ability that would take time to refresh. Loved it. Saved my squad's arses many times.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Cool vid! Loved the FF Assault Plasma Cannon, and it's variants, and liked the look/feel of the AR secondary weapon. I agree it was low powered so a primary weapon version would be sweet! The Razor announcement is sounding nice as both groups may be able to benefit each other for advertising and such. :cool:

DrFutzLoop

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 29, 2016
Stralia Mate!
I was pretty cool with the plasma cannon. Also the one that had gravity drop for the projectiles as it made it just that little bit more complicated. If anything a sniper rifle would go down swimmingly as it is a long range weapon where as the others are short to medium range.. A hand gun/cannon would be nice as an option to the standard issue machine gun. While we're at it why not bring a flame thrower into the mix because who doesn't like fire and burning everything around you?

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Flak cannon from Unreal tournament with the alt-fire, i have fond memories of that. Also the rocket launcher i loved doing trick shots with the lock on function and the spiral rockets or the non-spiral rockets taking out multiple guys.
Also the basic rifle with granade launcher and dual wielding that for the gunslinger effect ^^
Then on the Gundam game for PS3 i think it was, those head mounted miniguns were my go to weapon up untill you could actually ran out of ammo and be forced to go to melee. As there was limited ammunition and no re-supply. (The Gundam also had the big ass gun from the Gundam Wing but it had limited ammo and using the head mounted turret guns was good on the soft targets)

There is just too many great weapons to mention them all. But i would love it if there could be a gun that was like a mix of the bolter (Warhammer 40k) and Ronon's pistol from Stargate Atlantis.

Last edited:

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Chroma suit looks great! Is that a weapon... oop.

Sounds for thumper are good as well. Will they sound the same no matter the terrain? Is there some thought to how the thumper walks on snowy (e.g. soft snow, crusty snow, hard icy snow) terrain vs. hard rock terrain or terraformed terrain?

I liked the plasma cannon as well, I agree you can't have a game without fire, so any kind of flame throwers or fire weapons are a must eventually.

I mostly played the ranged weapon (charge rifle, sniper rifle), but I really liked many of the others in FF as well. Like the needler. I liked the needler in Tabula Rasa a lot. It really felt like a needler.

As far as assault rifle goes, that seems OK, but I much prefer weapons that make me feel like every shot counts instead of weapons where I fire a bullet stream at a bullet sponge target.

If I am firing a stream of electricity, or plasma, or fire, or poison, then having a continuous stream of that substance which I have to keep on an enemy is fun for me. If I have a gun shooting conventional bullets as a 'stream' then it doesn't feel so fun. It's the same bits and bytes to the computer, but to the VR immersion it just feels nicer to keep a hose of fire or poison on a target instead of bullets.

In that regard, I also really liked in the original Hellgate London that charge/electrical weapon where with the sound and the instant snapping on with the trigger press I really felt like I was wielding pure lightening energy. Does anyone remember that? The Lightening Field on the ground was also excellent as their flame/rocket weapon.

So:

Weapons like FF plasma cannon, big thumbs up. Having to lead the target a bit, big visual and audio effects as rewards for shooting and hitting the mark...

Weapons that stream arcs of electricity, rivers of fire, plasma, poison fluids, Thumbs up.

Ranged weapons like Charge Rifle and FF Sniper Rifle. Thumbs up. Nice to have a big reward when they hit - like exploding heads and dismemberment! Thumbs up.

Bullet streams for bullet sponge targets... thumbs sideways a bit.

Last edited:

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Awesome vid. And great work on the Thmpr sounds.

My only gripe would be the thumbnail used for the vid. It's easy enough for ex-firefall-ians to recognize. But it may come across as bait-ey for others.

Glad to hear that the nova alt-fire is planned. Would also love to see the electron shock rifle and the rhino main weapon (i forget the name).

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
Great update. I like your website idea and I can't wait to see the pledges in one spot rather than have to open 3 different indiegogo pages.

Chroma skin is great and you can tell Razer that I will buy a razer keyboard and mouse just for that. RIP my Logitech and roccat.

I didn't play firefall therefore the weaponry is a part I need to blindly follow you. :)

(Soundeffects and the enemy graphics are very nice too)

Jul 4, 2017
Sweden
Great update!
As a weapon suggestion, a heavy class with a FLAK Cannon could be interesting, instead of the normal "every heavy class gets a machine gun" kinda thing. Having a small amount of AOE and Delay (so it's not a hit-scan weapon) would make it good in some situations but less so in others.
Looking forward to the next update either way!

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON
(queue Mortal Kombat theme music)

Flak cannon from Unreal tournament with the alt-fire, i have fond memories of that. Also the rocket launcher i loved doing trick shots with the lock on function and the spiral rockets or the non-spiral rockets taking out multiple guys.
Also the basic rifle with granade launcher and dual wielding that for the gunslinger effect ^^
REDEEMER. NOW I WANT THAT TOY.

Veckna

Deepscanner
Feb 11, 2017
UK
Nice selection for the vertical slice - am looking forward to seeing the shoulder rockets (someone else enjoyed the Anthem gameplay trailer?).
If looking for suggestions I loved the original UT rocket launcher, hold for multiple shots + alt fire fired the rockets as grenades.
The Corinth shotgun from Warframe is also a lot of fun - shotgun with an air burst shrapnel alt fire.
I enjoyed the recon rifles in Firefall but with snipers there's fair bit you can do from charge up shot mechanics to scoping in highlights targets to variable zoom to deployable mines/sensors/mini turrets/snares etc as well as the choice between projectile (ie planetside/planetside 2) and hitscan.
Destiny 2 Sunshot pistol was a lot of fun with the explosion on enemy kill effect.
Grenade launchers that can alt fire remotely detonated grenades as well as the usual type can be a good source of amusement (I can't remember the name but I recall Defiance doing the grenade launcher along these lines pretty well, Warframe has the Penta but that lacks a 'normal' fire mode as you always have to manually detonate the grenades which can be a pain in hectic fights).
Lock on/beam style weapons - think Symmetra in Overwatch, short range or other disadvantage to compensate for the lock on/auto target ability.

Endless list really but that's a few of the differing types/styles that stuck in my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.