Em-8ER Upgrades - NEW BIKE - Limited Time Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia

That thing looks like an Omnidyne-M LGV headbutted a Kaiju in beast form . Or maybe the other way around.
I'll definitely be upgrading, not that much to go from Scout to Deepscanner. Don't have anymore than that so :p
I'd suggest you do, if you like it, and you can. Whilst it's only a vanity item, so was the Locust Chopper in Firefall. And yet Firefall players were forever complaining about the Locust Chopper being unavailable for those that came late. And they still had other bikes ...

Last edited:

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
...also if your wanting just the bike skin that runs $25 on it's own which is less than the next upgrade.
So. My "other account" which is Tsi-Hu Hunter, should have access to the bike skin on it's own, and yet it's not there. Upgrade options for that account are for Firstclaimer, Base Commander or Omni Ace.

@Grummz @Ronyn

Upgrade options appear to be missing for some backers.

Fireburn

Deepscanner
Jan 31, 2017
> Decide that you want to support the game and pay 35$ for the Deepscanner even though you don't have much money as in your country you can't yet work
> The new bike skin comes out
> You look at the info
> 40$ to upgrade
> seriously?.jpg

I mean, it's quite not fun that I'd have to pay so much money (even the 14$ from the 1$ club is a lot considering that upgrading to Scout would give me exactly nothing more) just to get a bike skin...
Eh...
True iam very disappointed with this unethical ,we only value your money attitude .

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
True iam very disappointed with this unethical ,we only value your money attitude .

It's not unethical dude. Let's reflect on this for a moment. Let's look at what is on offer here.

@Grummz is offering the lowest tier backers the opportunity to raise their backing level. In return, they get a copy of the game and all demos up to and including the playable mockup. At least, that's what it appears to me.

These are the $1, $5 and $15 backers, potential players that don't currently have locked-in access to a game copy (should the game actually ship) from the M3 fundraiser. They would currently have to pay more for that, at market rates, when the game releases. Bear in mind that these backers already have access to all of the stretch goal from M3, even if they never finalize access to a copy of the game.

For the rest, who already have access to a game copy and more, @Grummz is offering a cosmetic item in return for an additional contribution. It's important to note that to have access to this, you need to already have access to the bike anyway.

In other words, it's just a cosmetic item. A $35 backer can upgrade to the next tier of backing which is $50, or just grab the bike skin for $25 .

it's only the highest level backers ($1500+) that have been promised access to all future goodies, up to but not including, any Kickstarter specific bling. If those people, myself included, want Kickstarter goodies as well, then we will need to support the game further, rather than voice our non-existent disappointment.

TL;DR.

It's not unethical. The game is intended to survive on BTP (Buy To Play) and Bling sales.

This is the first single bling item sale. But you won't need the item in question to have fun, and if you qualify for the skin, then you have access to an exclusive bike (aka Bling) anyway.

Please note that @Grummz wouldn't be doing this if he didn't see it as necessary to make the eventual Kickstarter (this is when things get serious) the greatest success possible. It's all for nought if the Kickstarter misfires. If the Kickstarter misfires, the fairy-tale is over.

Last edited:

xMaddawgx

Archon
Base Commander
Jan 27, 2017
I got to say, this is a bit pricey for me. Regardless how much I'd love to support the game, and the nostalgia will most definitely be missed.. I opened up a lot in getting Deep Scanner.
I'm hoping this isn't a sign of another company attempting at leeching more money out of the community before release.. Reminds me of a lot of Indies and subsequent Videos on youtube and other media covering them as well..
Please, don't fk up.. I put a lot of hope into this.. this is a bad sign imho :(
I totally understand your concerns and I somewhat hope it is not the case. With that being said, I have spent more money at a bar and felt much worse the next day. So here's hoping it's all for not...

xMaddawgx

Archon
Base Commander
Jan 27, 2017
Your concern is quite valid. And while I cannot, and do not, speak for the team, here's my view to the whole thing.

The M3 milestone was more than just successful. It blew all funding expectations. But more than just the funding, it brought a lot of new people into the fold, and the $1 and $5 packs played a very important role in achieving that.

Here's a reminder of the rewards for the $1 pack:

View attachment 2236

The amount of rewards, and their quality, can be compared to stuff that can be found in high-tier founder packs for most other early access games.

The one important thing that's missing though? Access to the game on release.

The whole point of the new upgrade system is so that lower tier M3 backers who may not have had the chance to buy the higher tier packs (those that give access to the game, lowest one being the Deepscanner) do get a chance to do so. And with the program running until Kickstarter launch (about 3 months) that's a lot of time they have, to opt into buying access to the game for a much lower price than what would be on release.

Further, do remember that the new purchase options are not open to everyone, only M3 backers. It would have been quite easy for the team to open up the plan for everyone. To be honest, there are quite a few who would have gladly bought one of the packs, since several people missed the M3 milestone session and have been clamoring for an opportunity to back the game, somehow someway. It's quite likely that the team would have easily doubled the M3 returns by opening up the funding options to everyone. And yet, it's open only to M3 backers.

Furthermore, the bike is free with any and all upgrades, including an upgrade to the Scout perkpack ($15). That's a $14 for a few more rewards and the bike. Upgrade to Deepscanner and that's the bike, plus access to the game, for $34 (assuming you upgrade from the $1 tier). Seeing as the game is to be priced at the higher end of indie pricing at release, that's a lot of value for investment there.

Anyone who has funded the M3 milestone do get access to a bike, the original M3 two-seater. As for the new Python, true it does play on the nostalgia factor a bit, but it's just an option for those that can afford to, and want to, invest a bit more into a game that they feel was stolen from them.

The way I see it, for a team that's working part time and depending entirely on the community, they have played things right so far. They have met targets, albeit delayed at times, but that's to be expected, and the rewards they have offered are far more value for money than most other early access games on the market.

I'd say keep the faith. The community and the team have known each other for a significant amount of time. I'm sure the team knows that the community will be on their backs if they start to step out of line, just as they know the community will back them through thick and thin.
Maven, really liked your post. Keep it up. But I do have a question since you obviously are much more informed then I am. I'm a Firstclaimer at the moment, so the next level up asks for another $250. Just what do I get for another $250. The money is not the issue with me, I'm more of an ROI kind of person, if you know what I mean..

I think I just found what I get. Is this it??
RECEIVE 2 COPIES of the M3 Mockup
RECEIVE 2 COPIES of Final game

Receive: Milestone 3 Build. Base Commander forum ribbon, 2x (total) playable mockup build (if all milestones funded), 2x (total) copy of final game (if fully funded). Founder Omniframe Skin (final game), founder Geesuit, Deepstrike THMPR skin, Reserve final game name, Founder THMPR emote pack, CUSTOM B/W base banner symbol, THMPR art build, PDF vision book, eternal gratitude.

Last edited:

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Maven, really liked your post. Keep it up. But I do have a question since you obviously are much more informed then I am. I'm a Firstclaimer at the moment, so the next level up asks for another $250. Just what do I get for another $250. The money is not the issue with me, I'm more of an ROI kind of person, if you know what I mean..

I think I just found what I get. Is this it??
RECEIVE 2 COPIES of the M3 Mockup
RECEIVE 2 COPIES of Final game

Receive: Milestone 3 Build. Base Commander forum ribbon, 2x (total) playable mockup build (if all milestones funded), 2x (total) copy of final game (if fully funded). Founder Omniframe Skin (final game), founder Geesuit, Deepstrike THMPR skin, Reserve final game name, Founder THMPR emote pack, CUSTOM B/W base banner symbol, THMPR art build, PDF vision book, eternal gratitude.
The next upgrade is Base Commander, yes. But the $250 is the price of the standalone perk. Upgrading from your current perk (Firstclaimer) to Base Commander requires that you only pay the difference to the next tier, $100. That gives you the rewards mentioned under that tier, plus the Python bike skin. Note that some rewards will be common between Firstclaimer and Base Commander. So your effective rewards in addition to what you had with Firstclaimer would be:

1 Extra copy each of the final game and M3 mockup
Base Commander forum ribbon
B/W Base Banner
Python Bike

Here's a snapshot for easy comparison:

11.JPG

xMaddawgx

Archon
Base Commander
Jan 27, 2017
The next upgrade is Base Commander, yes. But the $250 is the price of the standalone perk. Upgrading from your current perk (Firstclaimer) to Base Commander requires that you only pay the difference to the next tier, $100. That gives you the rewards mentioned under that tier, plus the Python bike skin. Note that some rewards will be common between Firstclaimer and Base Commander. So your effective rewards in addition to what you had with Firstclaimer would be:

1 Extra copy each of the final game and M3 mockup
Base Commander forum ribbon
B/W Base Banner
Python Bike

Here's a snapshot for easy comparison:

View attachment 2239
See this is why I'm confused, when I go yo my packages, it already says that I have the base commander package, and the $250 is for an Omni package. And it wants to charge me another $250. Please help me out here...

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
See this is why I'm confused, when I go yo my packages, it already says that I have the base commander package, and the $250 is for an Omni package. And it wants to charge me another $250. Please help me out here...
Well, if you did indeed buy the Base Commander package, or were gifted one, or won the package during an event, you would have that package appended to your account, and that would automatically be the highest tier perk for your account.

If none of these are true, and you are pretty sure you bought only the Firstclaimer package, then its probably an error. You would have to contact support ([email protected]) to resolve that.

If you do have access to a Base Commander package, then yes, your next upgrade would be Omni Ace, which would be a $250 upgrade (Omni Ace standalone price is $500).

The additional rewards would be the difference between the two packages as always. Comparisons below:

12.JPG

The Python bike would be an additional reward.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
To make things happen money is needed to hire certain folks, their time/effort, and on top of that having problems pop up and going back to fixing it. Then there is having a life around all that work and having enough money for oneself to be happy as well etc etc

yep money is quite important sadly if only was a billionaire would fully fund this game just to make it happen the only thing i'd ask for in return is a super mario kart type mode somewhere on a lonely planet...... i'll keep dreaming of that hmm

This is what i did and it worked for me, did not have enough cash and decided to do a garage sale sold 2 Mtb bikes since i mainly use 1 and that is enough for me. For the majority of the cash the rest was from selling odd stuff and some birthday cash that previously saved.

Absolutely want this game to happen its the game that would want to play as my main. To see it succeed would be the perfect answer as if it stuck a middle finger at those who bad mouthed it right from the beginning!

So if money is an issue i'd suggest

1) saving up
2) sell junk or extra stuff you do not really want
3) Borrow from a friend/relative and pay back later
4) perhaps get a part time job
5) Enter a competition to win some cash or wait for the em8er discord chat meeting for a chance to win stuff there too!

Ironside

Firstclaimer
Feb 20, 2017
I cannot upgrade because there is not an option to. Under the order history, it is blank. But I did sync my indiegogo account and it shows I backed at $150. I have the title here, but no way to upgrade or see my purchase under purchase history.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
I cannot upgrade because there is not an option to. Under the order history, it is blank. But I did sync my indiegogo account and it shows I backed at $150. I have the title here, but no way to upgrade or see my purchase under purchase history.

Hi Ironside!

First you may want to check to see if there is an orange upgrade button by logging into the my.em8er.com page at this direct link to the Milestone 3 perks page:

https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/3

If this page still shows you no button for an upgrade on your Firstclaimer pack, then please contact: [email protected].

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
Package Upgrades Now Available!

The http://my.em8er.com website for Em-8ER has now been updated to allow M3 backers to upgrade their pledge!

For a limited time (up until the Kickstarter this year), backers can upgrade to any higher tier by accessing the M3 Campaign from the “Campaigns and Perks” section of the website.

These upgrades are only available now and will be gone forever once our Kickstarter launches later this year.

$1/$5 Backers and “Scout” Backers: Upgrade to get Game, Demos, and Playable Mockup!

If you backed at the $1, $5, or $15 “Scout” level, now is your chance to get a copy of the upcoming Omniframe demos, playable thumper encounter, and a copy of the final game! Upgrading to Deepscanner or higher will grant you access to our new demos (coming soon!), and the playable mockup of the THMPR encounter and a copy of the shipping game and an exclusive gift!

All Backers Can Upgrade and Receive an Exclusive Gift: The Python Bike Skin!

Only M3 backers have access to the coveted Motorcycles in Em-8ER, and now anyone who upgrades can get a free Python Bike Skin! This skin updates your motorcycle, offering a single seater version reminiscent of the style found in our spiritual precursor, Firefall. If you upgrade or purchase the bike, BOTH styles will be available in your Em8ER garage.

This brand new, built from scratch Bike model offers a very familiar appearance and will come in Cobra Red, just like you remember!

View attachment 2213
View attachment 2214
View attachment 2215

Want the Bike Skin but Don’t Feel Like Upgrading Today?

Only for M3 Backers, and only available for a limited time! The Python Bike Skin is available as a separate purchase for those that prefer the skin but wish to remain at their current pledge level. But please remember, the skin is limited to one Python Bike Skin per account. If you purchase the skin but decide to upgrade later, you will only have one copy of the Python Bike Skin.

Coming Soon. Omniframe Movement Demo!

Our next demo update will be the Omniframe Movement Demo. Jetpack, glide and run around in your new medium Omniframe. Our prototypes are already up and running (see our update videos at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdW3l3tlPuUed_DmNkJadCw

Remember, only Deepscanners and above will receive the Omniframe Movement Demo and Final Playable Mockup, featuring a fully playable thumper encounter. So upgrade today!

Visit my.em8er.com and Upgrade Before Time Runs Out!

Browse all the upgrades at https://my.em8er.com today! (Press upgrade to see the bike concept and preview the upgrade options).

Act now! The upgrades and the Python Bike Skin are only available for a limited time!

Paypal Users - At this time we can only process credit cards via Stripe. If you are looking to pay via Paypal, e-mail [email protected] with your upgrade level desired (or bike) and we will manually invoice you.

*Kaiju Slayer packs are sold out and no longer available. All Kaiju Slayers and Max Kahunas receive the Python Bike Skin automatically.
I did not see an option for purchasing just the skin, without the upgrade package thing. Will this just be an in-game purchasable that only specific accounts have access to?

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
I did not see an option for purchasing just the skin, without the upgrade package thing. Will this just be an in-game purchasable that only specific accounts have access to?
The Python bike will never be purchasable in-game. No 'bike' will. Any future vehicle released for the game is planned to be crafted in-game using resources. Bikes will never be made available since they are exclusive to participants of the funding milestones prior to release.

While logged-in to the backer website, click Campaigns and Perks, select the M3 milestone section. The Python bike should be available as an option to purchase alongside the other perks that were part of the funding milestone. It should appear between the 'Scout' and 'Deepscanner' perks.

Last edited:

DinsdaleP13

NEW - SHIFTER
Jul 26, 2016
Arizona, U.S.A.
Go to https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/3 Log in, and scroll down. You should be able to buy it if you backed during the M3 Milestone. Which is kinda redundant, since I thought the M stood for Milestone. But what do I know?

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
If you can't see you pack or upgrade, please contact [email protected]. We've been turning tickets round in 24 hours, sometimes within an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.