Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,

In our latest Thursday Livestream, Grummz took showed off some of what is going in with em-8ers development. Do you want to see the omniframe taking to the air? I bet you do! Check out how things are coming along!

Click the links below to watch the stream, and join us next Thursday afternoon for another one. More details to come!
The Latest Stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/432228699

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
I really like the movement I'm seeing and I do have my 2 cents feedback. Jetpacks are great but I hope their maneuverability is kept in check. I will not be surprised if improved jetpack maneuverability is part of mech progression and I want to say I really hope it is. What was shown in the stream looked smooth and fantastic but I hope air-control maneuverability is not available to all mech builds. I'm not all much opposed to jetpack verticality, I'm more opposed to horizontal control Left/Right. The reason I would like jetpacks to be less maneuverable to default mechs is they would then require choice of investment. The investment would add another factor in player uniqueness and bolster jetpack value rather than everyone having amazing jetpacks.

I really liked FF's early jetpacks that were more of an assistive travel tool. Jetpacks were not originally fast, strong, or had much Left/Right control. Players were not able to significantly change Left/Right direction after they became airborne. This lack of maneuverability really made the characters feel heavy, grounded, and realistic while at the same time the use of jetpacks during combat was a spectacle rather than a requirement. At the end of FF jetpacks were highly assistive and became a requirement for combat. What it really did, from my view screen, was turn all the players into a bunch of bobbing balloons all over the combat zone; it made the combat scene a bit silly and jetpacks lost any nuance value...everyone had them and the nuance of jetpacks became stale. (As a hyperbole....I want jetpacks that assist in travel and modest bullet dodging, not jetpacks that turn combat into a space-flight sim).

If a player wants high maneuverability with jetpacks I think it should be a progression investment and not available for every mech.

Hikki

Omega Founder
Aug 29, 2016
Finland
Keep going what you do, i really looking forward to it your great work.
Firefall was unique for every player and meabe that's why everyone have diffent wiev from it what was their firefall a like.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Very good my senses are tingling!
1559565966880.jpeg

- Nice movement eventually skim mode & cool animations (no herky jerky)
- Separate server no layering (tighter community) :cool:
- Simultaneous Attack in zone :eek:
- Terrain work going well what will it be icey, firey hmm
- Additional tech working secret secret stuff!!
- Players not participating in battle can support in logistics
- Dragon character in the game from the Em8er story :cool:
- Neon Genesis Evangelion inspired Mech :cool: (educate kids on Evangelion)
- Pre-kick starter mockup 4-5 players!
- A.I game Designer selects a library of dynamic events for what we could face!
- Post launch focus: Npc's thumping, Guild clan support, Dynamic events
- Launch focus: Invasions, Crafting, Bases
- Just like warframe gradually adding stuff improving the game
- Unreal Engine likes
- Cloud gaming server mmo intimacy & cost effective
- character waifu and husbando yes

- Em8er Subscription - Em8er Chapters, Em8er tabletop adventure, Unique skin, supports Em8er Game.
- Pilots roster with different personality, skins, to mix and match make new stylish look, rename etc
- Mix and match skins for Mech Omniframe even thumpr for the subscription
- Purchasing or earning option
- @48.44 Alarm goes off :eek:
-@ 49.11 Strange whistle hmm
- Pilots with skill have synergy with vehicles/frames or the world that is a potential !!
- Table top spaceship and players inside compliment

- Out of omniframe a very squishy individual
- 3rd person playable mock up
- First person option hopefully depends on work load

ITS HAPPENING!

CommanderMax

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 22, 2017
It was nice to see the omi frames in the air all looked good, happy to hear that the skills from ff are coming over, could be nice to have a mamoth with turrents. turrent mode and heavy armor :)
dont mind the subscription but could there be different packages so if your a backer you can get other things for the same fee.

i have no issue giving people the chance to buy skins for thier mecks, dropships, thumpers or personalisations, but please do both in game rescourse and actual money. Its nice to have the option to get a cool paint job with some spare recourses you gathered from that epic battle.

like the idea of crafting but how do we get the blueprints?

Im sorry but i hate the jump pad idea, really its the one thing from ff that i really hated and one thing i really hoped not to see in ember. I get that you guys dont want people to use the glider wings in stead of dropships and bikes but, i dont think this is as much of an issue as you may think from my view anyway,
gliding is nice and very convient for short quick travel but it was not (with the basic wings) fast and you needed to spend time looking for and climing mountins if you wanted to glide any kind of distance. only to go crashing to the ground if you stalled. in order to glide you needed to go looking for the fixed jump pads at the bases or buy jump pads for real money and they were consumeable unless you bought the reuseable ones. this was more an issue in the early game as you had to get to rank 21 to just get a blue print to craft your first bike. So i spent all my time in new eden running and jumping and depended on the dropships for long distance travel while other new players just bout wings and flew.
I vote no jump pads let us just put the wings out when ever and glide.
use the rules on the base or basic jump pads where giiding speed is fixed unless your going down in wich case the more you aim down the faster you go down.
This will keep gliding for short distances and people who want to use it for long distance have to go climing and can go read some game lore or get a coffee with they wait to get there.

the bike was best for fas travel around a zone with dropships were best suited for long haul flights.
by all means use ground transport for fast moving base to base and dropships for bringing frames and long ahul flight.

can we now fly the dropships? can we call the dropships to fech us or collect oniframes or thumpers, just thinking do we need to pay recouses to craft frames and thumpers can we get the omni frames, thumpers or ground transport collected to stop it being destroyed when you have finished thumping or a battle. Also what do we do if all the thumpers are destroyed or omiframes are destroyed do they cost or do we just have to wait for them to be rebuilt and call them in again?
Can we get out our frames at anytime, id like to be able to get out anytime and carry reasonable weapon. if your frame is very damaged ideally id want to get out before its destroyed and leg it while calling in a new frame so that i can reduce damage taken and have a new frame on site as soon as posible but not be defenceless while waiting for a new frame.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
have a mamoth with turrents. turrent mode and heavy armor :)
:cool: Would it have the same sound too or something different i wonder?

i have no issue giving people the chance to buy skins for thier mecks, dropships, thumpers or personalisations, but please do both in game rescourse and actual money. Its nice to have the option to get a cool paint job with some spare recourses you gathered from that epic battle.
My Guess is that there be some we could obtain ingame perhaps by crafting, achievement completion, and rare rewards from certain boss battles. The majority of the customization would more likely be in the store perhaps some could go on sale at special times usually these are purchased maybe they could be gifted too

What if we could get a buy 1 get the 2nd half price with subscription these happen on special events.

like the idea of crafting but how do we get the blueprints?
I am guessing it could be made available from a certain npc once certain objectives are completed.
Maybe it could be found in hidden locations where we have to explore parts we have not yet been to.

Perhaps we start off with the basic bp at a hub and must find rare resources to develop the bp to a uncommon bp with different properties and could develop to rare then epic then legendary hmm

Im sorry but i hate the jump pad idea
At first i was thinking the same but what if the pad itself is an energy pad we create like in tron they have the disc

What if we could throw our disc energy pads a bit further to rez as we run or jump into it and then launch rather than rez it on the spot if that makes sense?

Lets for example say we all start off with a basic energy pad it could highlight the outline of the pad as if it was made of pure energy. Then just like this video the effects happen and launches you higher and with that gives you more distance and time depending on height of the elevation and even weather condition i guess.

What if we could craft varies types of pads standard pad is standard

pad types:

- Power pad = Slightly greater launch height
- Lightening pad = Slightly faster take off
- Storm pad = Slightly better control in harsh weather

Pad grade:
- standard = all start with this has longer cool down
- Rare = Created or found has long cool down
- Epic = reward or created has medium cool down
- Legendary = reward or created has medium cool down and special effects

the bike was best for fas travel around a zone with dropships were best suited for long haul flights
I agree the bikes were superb and feel in em8er it will be and gliding too, not sure how the dropship would be and wonder what the max amount of people it could carry including mechs?

Also wonder if we could get our bikes and ride out of the dropship and join the battle in style!!

what do we do if all the thumpers are destroyed or omiframes are destroyed do they cost or do we just have to wait for them to be rebuilt and call them in again?
My guess is yes or stick with a standard thumpr until you can use your better thumpr and that could include omniframe perhaps we all have standard frames which are not as good as our main but it could buy time!

Can we get out our frames at anytime, id like to be able to get out anytime and carry reasonable weapon. if your frame is very damaged ideally id want to get out before its destroyed and leg it while calling in a new frame so that i can reduce damage taken and have a new frame on site as soon as posible but not be defenceless while waiting for a new frame.
I think we could but it might not always be the best choice since the conditions are dangerous and be more vulnerable. Although if need be yes sometimes its not always possible to find cover a quick repair and back in.

Suppose it does help out when you have your fellow team supporting makes for repairs easier and watch each others back hmm.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
QUESTIONS & COMMENTS
I will attempt to answer some of your questions based on what I know. My apologies in advance, if I missed any.

Q: "like the idea of crafting but how do we get the blueprints?"

A: Check out the section of the Vision Book Proof (Draft) on the forums, there in "Tiers & Templates" Grummz talks all about blueprints: https://forums.em8er.com/threads/new-section-resources-crafting.852/#post-23739

Q: "Jump pad idea"
A: I think you meant the glider pad here? @Grummz is still debating on whether to keep it or not.

Q: "Can we now fly the dropships?"
A: Afaik, players cannot fly the dropships at the moment.

Q: "can we call the dropships to fech us or collect oniframes or thumpers"
A: The dropships transport our Omniframes and our THMPR.
See "Base Building" section of the Vision Book Proof (Draft) on the forums; there are a few places on that page where Grummz talks about Dropships: https://forums.em8er.com/threads/section-base-building.849/#post-23643

Q: "just thinking do we need to pay recouses to craft frames and thumpers"

A: Read the "Resources & Crafting" section of the Vision Book Proof (Draft) on the forums:
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/new-section-resources-crafting.852/

Q: "can we get the omni frames, thumpers or ground transport collected to stop it being destroyed when you have finished thumping or a battle"

A: Read the "Mining" section in the Vision Book Proof (Draft) on the forums: https://forums.em8er.com/threads/section-new-terraforming-mining.853/

Q: Also what do we do if all the thumpers are destroyed or omiframes are destroyed, do they cost or do we just have to wait for them to be rebuilt and call them in again?

A: QUOTE FROM GRUMMZ IN DISCORD:
November 21, 2016
Grummz: Nothing will perma-break in Em-8ER, btw
Er, gear-wise. Bases can get destroyed.
Q: Can we get out our frames at anytime?

A: I believe we can. Although players will find that humans are very squishy outside of their Omniframes and can get rekt very fast.

I hope this helps! ~ Faeryl

Status
Not open for further replies.