Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,

In our latest Thursday Livestream, Grummz took us down memory lane for the late great Firefall, with the help of the guys behind The Melding Wars. Have you ever wanted to take a true look around the old landscapes of firefall? Well now you can!
Click the links below to watch the stream, and join us next Thursday afternoon for another one. More details to come!

Twitch channel for Grummz EM-8ER Livestream:
Two latest Video Links ---
#1 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/428877101

#2 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/428888730

The people of The Melding Wars group are the folks who created the Arcporter Mod which was shown in Grummz's latest Em-8ER Twitch Livestreams:

THE STEAM FIREFALL LINK: steam://install/227700

THE ARCPORTER MOD EXE LINK: https://github.com/themeldingwars/Arcporter/releases/download/v0.1/Arcporter.exe

Faeryls instructions on how to use the Arcporter Mod are in the spoiler below
1) You need Firefall installed if you don't have it already. Or, download it from Steam here: steam://install/227700

2) While that's downloading/installing, you'll want to get the Arcporter Mod here: https://github.com/themeldingwars/Arcporter/releases/download/v0.1/Arcporter.exe

Once you click, it should open Windows Explorer; and then you'll want to download the EXE to a place of your choice.

Once it's downloaded, just double click it to open it.

Then, you'll need to have the location of the Firefall EXE to point Arcporter Mod to.

It will be in the SteamApps folder on your PC.

Here is the tree link to follow in order to find the Firefall EXE: Steam --> steamapps --> common --> Firefall --> system --> bin Then you'll click on the bottom bar of the Arcporter Mod and point it to the EXE in the 'bin' folder. The file you want to point to is "FirefallClient.exe"

Further Instructions: (Thank you XionsMyst!)
Run the game once from Steam.
Close all programs, restart your computer.

Start Arcporter Mod, if it stops at 100%, then press Alt+F4 and start again.

The Melding Wars Forums: https://forums.themeldingwars.com/

The Melding Wars Discord: https://discord.themeldingwars.com/

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
This is awesome. If they need funding to set up a Firefall server I am so there!
So we could have both firefall and em8er, but what if firefall maps found somewhere in em8er after going through a secret gate where the pilot could rediscover it like a game within a game is that possible?

Jul 28, 2016
Florida
www.facebook.com
So we could have both firefall and em8er, but what if firefall maps found somewhere in em8er after going through a secret gate where the pilot could rediscover it like a game within a game is that possible?
This would be amazing! A little easter egg on how this all got started ;)

I was going through my old Laptop and found SO MANY video clips (that I cannot use anymore lol). I also went through my Imgur account and found photos that I loved as well as a few more on my Youtube page:
So many memories!!!!!!! :D

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
This would be amazing! A little easter egg on how this all got started ;)

I was going through my old Laptop and found SO MANY video clips (that I cannot use anymore lol). I also went through my Imgur account and found photos that I loved as well as a few more on my Youtube page:
So many memories!!!!!!! :D
Ah the Fedora wonder if this will return to match the g-suit with chroma glow
1559160124164.jpeg

So many adventures it could be endless the worlds more different more vast will we see old friends
new and old who knows i hope so lets bring the fun back!

Jul 28, 2016
Florida
www.facebook.com
Ah the Fedora wonder if this will return to match the g-suit with chroma glow
View attachment 3064

So many adventures it could be endless the worlds more different more vast will we see old friends
new and old who knows i hope so lets bring the fun back!
Hey I never took my Fedora off! LOL I had that and the chosen mask on almost all the time! Sort of my in-game signature look? Either way, I do hope this makes a return, along with the ability to place "stickers" that overlay on our omni-frames (which for some odd reason I did to my FireCat in FF and the sticker clipped to the heels of my character) and make them gaudy as all hell lol. Or give us the ability to make our own (like we can in Warframe for our dojo emblem)? You know mine would be tribal designs ;)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Or give us the ability to make our own (like we can in Warframe for our dojo emblem)?
I like those badges/emblems shows some personality even if it looks like someone scribbled with lots of crayons!

never took my Fedora off! LOL I had that and the chosen mask on almost all the time
So you were going for a post apocalyptic detective look ahh

That makes me ponder more style templates for example say you wanted to look like a demon
there could be a style template with horns and red skin, under a category for example say i wanted something xmas i go to xmas category and it gives a list of style template for that from santa to elf to kaiju xmas dwarf etc etc

Btabc

Veteran
Jul 28, 2016
Florida
www.facebook.com
I like those badges/emblems shows some personality even if it looks like someone scribbled with lots of crayons!

So you were going for a post apocalyptic detective look ahh

That makes me ponder more style templates for example say you wanted to look like a demon
there could be a style template with horns and red skin, under a category for example say i wanted something xmas i go to xmas category and it gives a list of style template for that from santa to elf to kaiju xmas dwarf etc etc
LOL yeah, that's one way of looking at it! I liked how the mask and hat looked on my character, especially with the frames at the time. I found this in my list of things that I haven't uploaded in a LONG TIME lol:
The feel of the frames were alright, but I look forward to what Em8er brings! :D

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
LOL yeah, that's one way of looking at it! I liked how the mask and hat looked on my character, especially with the frames at the time. I found this in my list of things that I haven't uploaded in a LONG TIME lol:
The feel of the frames were alright, but I look forward to what Em8er brings! :D
Impressive dancing i am expecting More in Em8er :D

Btabc

Veteran
Jul 28, 2016
Florida
www.facebook.com
Impressive dancing i am expecting More in Em8er :D
Of course!!!!! I already have stuff prepared for it ;)
I'm working on a few songs (to avoid copyright things) and hopefully get some good footage from the game! Might have to combine aerial footage with that of thumper inbound and such. I also found this:
The good ol' days of soloing:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
i like those slow projectile but can especially see it used well when dodging in skim mode and any air acrobatics!!

@11,19 -11.24 when the projectile hits the big broccoli/grape like creature and makes a squishy sound that made it nice

@19.04- 19.21 Sneaky its good how you lured him :D

@19.45 it sounded like the chosen was saying darlek aaaa :p

@ 22.04 -22.08 i like how the chosen looked to be doing a parkour move with a faceless expression :D

The boss music @24.25- 38.46 felt like being in a Movie the sounds of the weapons and crashes this made it very cool even though i hated this boss!

Wonder if there will be a spectator mode to see others play this could also be good for videoing too.

Waited for the last part but no victory dance :eek:
Perhaps this should be done and also Thumpr towers, conga dance, and robot dance with our thumprs and more much more!

I'm working on a few songs
I like to hear a sneaky music like a mgs or splinter cell while you sneak into the enemy bass and then the music changes to chaotic music when you are spotted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.