Em-8ER invasion ideas?

Would you be excited to see this type on invasion in Em-8ER

• Total voters
Jul 10, 2017
Artillery: self explanatory
They can be deployed at great distances from the target and bombard an area, its accuracy decreases the further away the target is from its optimal range, basically a cone of fire the further away the target is the larger the cone gets.

Target Designator Trooper:
A Tsi-hu carrying something like laser designator to help with improving the accuracy of the artillery or missiles or anything else thats big and deadly they've got up their time-locked sleeves. The designators also send back ballistics and environmental data to the artillery team to adjust its aim for the next shot. These guys are sent with Scouting/recon teams so that artillery cannons don't have to be placed too close to an enemy stronghold but the drawback is that taking out the designators makes it really hard for the artillery to well hit anything important.

Brawler: A Tsi-Hu armed with with whats basically a Type-25 Directed Energy Rifle with the ability to generate an energy sword.
This is something just I thought about, them riding the beast form tsi-hu for a Calvary charge jumping off right when they get close enough.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2016
Hmm, the way you are thinking sounds really cool, BUT you are still thinking like this is firefall and comparing it to firefall, this is something new and better, what i wanna see is a super light duel weilding sword omniframe. a mix between like say a gundam, erza scarlet, from fairy tail, and the gurren seiten from code geass >:O

Aug 14, 2016
Hmm, the way you are thinking sounds really cool, BUT you are still thinking like this is firefall and comparing it to firefall, this is something new and better, what i wanna see is a super light duel weilding sword omniframe. a mix between like say a gundam, erza scarlet, from fairy tail, and the gurren seiten from code geass >:O
In the Armored Core games I use to love to building all my mecha with EO Core types. That in until they was removed in later games.

For the people who don't know what EO cores in Armor Core are.
"EO" stander for "Exceed Orbit". Exceed Orbit weapons are a type of core function that debuted in Armored Core 3. These emerge from the users core in place of an Overboost and follow the AC using it, providing additional support. These range from weak, fast firing machine gun-like rounds, to heavy cannon shots. They also vary in ammo type, from solid rounds with limited ammo, to energy rounds that can regenerate their ammo count but constantly drain energy whilst in use. Solid EO's cannot regenerate their ammo upon depletion and become useless until the next mission.

In short, there was little flying guns that was only effective to at close to low-mid range that would follow you around while you had them active that could track and fire at targets on their own, even at targets you are not looking at. They was great for those time I was trying to snipe at someone from across the map and didn't notice someone else snack up behind me until my EO started firing at them because they got to close to me. EOs worked on line of sight to target things, so radar jammers (a common tactic to use for people like hide and to stop you from using homing missiles) that didn't work on them, thought things like decoys would work on them.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
Here is an idea, using the landscape to help in the fight be it for us or against us.

Example, there is a base in the mountains under attack. Going by where the base is, what mountains are made of, what shape the mountains, and even the weather at time it could be possible that attacking army might trigger a landslide or avalanche or even flood the area by breaking a glacier ice dam.

It would fun if there was an option to just destroy the base or part of it just by destroying things around it. So not only is the defending force also trying to fight off the attacking force but also has to make sure they are not going to do something like set the forest on fire to smoke them out and burn down the base.

Jul 10, 2017
Here is an idea, using the landscape to help in the fight be it for us or against us.

Example, there is a base in the mountains under attack. Going by where the base is, what mountains are made of, what shape the mountains, and even the weather at time it could be possible that attacking army might trigger a landslide or avalanche or even flood the area by breaking a glacier ice dam.

It would fun if there was an option to just destroy the base or part of it just by destroying things around it. So not only is the defending force also trying to fight off the attacking force but also has to make sure they are not going to do something like set the forest on fire to smoke them out and burn down the base.
glacier dams and avalanches makes sense as snowfall can build up over time and rivers/lakes freezing over creating a natural dam but landslides involve mud, trees, rocks and other stuff which doesn't get replenished after going downhill

Aug 14, 2016
glacier dams and avalanches makes sense as snowfall can build up over time and rivers/lakes freezing over creating a natural dam but landslides involve mud, trees, rocks and other stuff which doesn't get replenished after going downhill
True, but one of the things I like doing in games is trying to get targets to die from environmental hazards or to get NPCs to themselves by attacking each other.

For example, in some games different races and/or animals are natural enemies with each other so they will try to attack each other on sight. Truth is, in the early days of FireFall this was case with some of animals and bugs having things like a hunter prey relationship (Like how Hissers eat Aranha or how both the Wargrim and Culex eat Brontodon). So you could clear missions by luring different enemies into the same area and watch them fight each other. Hell, back in beta one of the things I use to do was to solo Warbringers by leading a group of Brontodon into the area and watch the Brontodon kill the Chosen for me.

In my mind, the environment should always be a factor in wining or losing an invasion. Just how in real life the environment can help you or hurt you in any fight.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Could lure them into a nice tornado!, wonder if they would rag doll around?
I like if enemies could be lured into an acidic region where if they stay too long it really hurts either sides and how long the shields can hold, good for taking out the smaller mobs.

When i saw a mode in killing floor 2 i liked the floating enemies as if their body expanded with some gas/bacteria producing substance then they would float up and be gone or exploded due to the high pressure. Perhaps there is a gaseous place somewhere like a strange jungle in space!

What if we could dig a hole and lure enemies on a slippery surface then they can go down the hole but then it depends how deep the hole is would they be able to climb out of holes or dig themselves out? Maybe some could fly hmmmm

Jul 10, 2017
Could lure them into a nice tornado!, wonder if they would rag doll around?
I like if enemies could be lured into an acidic region where if they stay too long it really hurts either sides and how long the shields can hold, good for taking out the smaller mobs.

When i saw a mode in killing floor 2 i liked the floating enemies as if their body expanded with some gas/bacteria producing substance then they would float up and be gone or exploded due to the high pressure. Perhaps there is a gaseous place somewhere like a strange jungle in space!

What if we could dig a hole and lure enemies on a slippery surface then they can go down the hole but then it depends how deep the hole is would they be able to climb out of holes or dig themselves out? Maybe some could fly hmmmm