Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,

In today's chief chat, Grummz asked for your feedback on the subscription model, an early sketch of the updated version of the light Omni-frame, and some art for the potential update to the character models. He also showed the special G-suit skin for the female pilots coming this month to subscribers!

VIDEO WILL BE LINKED HERE WHEN AVAILABLE

This forum thread is a great place to put your feedback for those subjects so Grummz and the devs can come here and take a look!

So give us your thoughts, we are listening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June Subscriber only G-Suit

Early Sketch for LIGHT OMNI FRAME

Early kit bash/ mock up for potential character style update

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I really like the contrast of the colors in the style update concept. - that is really nice style. Very stylish!

The frame pinchers remind me a bit too much of the little pinchers on the ends of the little legs of lobsters. They look like they would not be able to pick up things, although they sure could give a Tsi Hu's arse a big welt I am certain.

The first picture of the hotty is fine with me, as we want eye candy to compensate for all the time we'll be staring at the tentacle form Tsi Hu.

p.s. I missed the chat!

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Today is Tuesday, not Thursday...just saying, but as to the content, there was SOOOO MUCH YESSSSSSSSS!!!

The light omniframe is exactly what I had been originally hoping for, so ignore the squeeeee sounds inundating Oregon. Also the kit bash almost makes me want to play a raven haired human...

As a suggestion, could the July sub reward be the same gsuit but without the high heels?

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
As a suggestion, could the July sub reward be the same gsuit but without the high heels?
seems like aste of a reward month to have the same outfit with different shoes. Also, he could make the male variant instead. Also also, I think if he did a weapon skin and then a geesuit, he should do something else for the 3rd month altogether.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
seems like aste of a reward month to have the same outfit with different shoes. Also, he could make the male variant instead. Also also, I think if he did a weapon skin and then a geesuit, he should do something else for the 3rd month altogether.
Why would it be a waste...some people don't like high heels. Honestly, as I said in Discord earlier, I feel that having a few variants of the same outfit, one per month, is a perfectly fine reward. That would also give the team a bit more time to develop each fully unique item. I would also expect several variants of the male gsuit, several of the weapon skin and so on.

The sub is only 8 bucks a month... demanding a fully unique skin for 8 bucks every single month is IMO a bit much, and that isn't counting all the other stuff included in the sub.

Jan 26, 2017
Portugal
The frame pinchers remind me a bit too much of the little pinchers on the ends of the little legs of lobsters. They look like they would not be able to pick up things, although they sure could give a Tsi Hu's arse a big welt I am certain.

p.s. I missed the chat!
Those aren't pinchers, they're "brass knuckle" style weapons for the frame. The frame's hands are balled up into fists, but they have actual fingers.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The first picture is stunning i like the details especially the light up areas, shin guard, bracer and upper toros.

Not sure on the heel part but if it was more boot styled think it would look better imo however some might prefer the heel style so hope there are customization for the foot wear?

Below are the boot style especially in the samus image that she wears in blue
1560941038834.jpeg
1560941055884.jpeg
1560941069230.jpeg
1560941085492.jpeg
Could see males wearing more of this style or the armored boot above!

1560941121994.jpeg
Stompy Cybergoth boots be good to have in the selection choice too!
Not sure on the spikes though hmm

Those aren't pinchers, they're "brass knuckle" style weapons for the frame. The frame's hands are balled up into fists, but they have actual fingers.
what if they could be both o.o !

The light omniframe image is nice too is she a brawler could also imagine her climbing up walls digging the claws against the surface going up!

The early kit bash/mock up image is also looking superb the collar gives her a high rank look, the pattern on her outfit matches it well and those orange parts on her upper arms compliment the style.

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
I approve of the quoted potential character style.

As other's mentioned, I too am not a fan of high heels on the mech...imo they just don't make functional sense and my mind can't look past them.

As for the light omni sketch it looks good except I'm curious about the human arms. The 4 arms makes it look insect-like. Not sure how to get around this issue since the Em8er mech designs want to have the mechs much larger than the pilot. Perhaps the Light Omniframes should be more like exo-suites? Unfortunately I doubt exo-suites will really work either since it would be even smaller in size and further dwarfed by kai-ju and other omni-frames...

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I approve of the quoted potential character style.

As other's mentioned, I too am not a fan of high heels on the mech...imo they just don't make functional sense and my mind can't look past them.

As for the light omni sketch it looks good except I'm curious about the human arms. The 4 arms makes it look insect-like. Not sure how to get around this issue since the Em8er mech designs want to have the mechs much larger than the pilot. Perhaps the Light Omniframes should be more like exo-suites? Unfortunately I doubt exo-suites will really work either since it would be even smaller in size and further dwarfed by kai-ju and other omni-frames...

What if the arms were enclosed like this image below
1561029398192.jpeg

Also what if the pilot arms were covered by some energy
that appears when movement occurs e.g
1561029493848.jpeg

What if the pilot arms where fully enclosed resembling the other mech arms
i dont mind the insect look but like the option to hide the pilot arms too for that
traditional mech look
1561029593552.jpeg

leading to arms inside controlling them for that safe enclosed feel
1561029784648.jpeg

but what if the mech pilot was inside the mech head!!
1561030044824.jpeg

The light omniframe has a unique look could you imagine with the effects and even with a hard drive mode on with enclosed arms or switched off with a more transparent energy field and seeing the actual pilot too.

Guess if the options are available this could give choice to how the pilots would like to be seen.

Temp

Jun 1, 2019
Looks great but don't forget to add self illuminating textures to the orange stripes otherwise it won't stick out in-game.

The artist is very talented. I hope to see the power of this thing. Would love if it became a brawler type with fast animations that get slowed down before the blow. I think Warframe and Bayonetta use that technique.

My only advice is that you don't use basic textures straight out of the box but instead bake lighting on top of it to prevent the white materials sticking out like a sore thumb in-game. Same goes for the SSS on the female's head texture.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Looks great but don't forget to add self illuminating textures to the orange stripes otherwise it won't stick out in-game.
Do you think those orange parts could be where the insignia's are on both sides of the upper arm as it glows. The pattern on the body does this indicate the health of the pilot and change colour?

The artist is very talented. I hope to see the power of this thing. Would love if it became a brawler type with fast animations that get slowed down before the blow. I think Warframe and Bayonetta use that technique.
+1

Aug 18, 2016
Greetings Reapers,

In today's chief chat, Grummz asked for your feedback on the subscription model, an early sketch of the updated version of the light Omni-frame, and some art for the potential update to the character models. He also showed the special G-suit skin for the female pilots coming this month to subscribers!

VIDEO WILL BE LINKED HERE WHEN AVAILABLE

This forum thread is a great place to put your feedback for those subjects so Grummz and the devs can come here and take a look!

So give us your thoughts, we are listening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAIFU NO1 NO2 NO3

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
This came to mind you see them in the floating city and suddenly you hear the music kick in and the announcer calling them up each time with the population cheering just like here

"You are the first contestants for WAIFU's & HUSBANDO is RIGHT!!!!!"

Then they all disappear and go in their mech

The objective is to protect your waifu or husbando each stage gets more difficult and the prizes go up
you can stop at any stage but if you start a stage and fail could lose all the previous items won before!

It sounds good to me what do i know shrugs o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.