Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers!

Join us today for a Chief Chat! Grummz will be there to talk about Em-8er, and we will be raffling off various backer packs. Free stuff!

Oh but that's not the big news. The real scoop here folks is that this very weekend, the Multi-player movement demo will be available for download! AW YEAH! What's better than jumping, jet packing and running around alone? Doing it with friends, family and fantastic community members! So get yourselves ready for some group activity!

If you have any questions you would like to post before hand, do so right here in this thread!

- Ronyn

SOME OTHER TIMES ZONES FOR THE CHIEF CHAT and STREAM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York, NY Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:00 pm EDT
London, United Kingdom Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 11:00 pm BST
Berlin, Germany Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:00 midn CEST
Zürich, Switzerland Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:00 midn CEST
Helsinki, Finland Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 1:00 am EEST
Moscow, Russia Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 1:00 am MSK
Dubai, United Arab Emirates Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:00 am GST
New Delhi, India Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:30 am IST
Beijing, China Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 6:00 am CST
Tokyo, Japan Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 7:00 am JST
Sydney, Australia Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 8:00 am AEST
Auckland, New Zealand Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 10:00 am NZST

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
Question: Will healing beams or other leash abilities be stackable? For example: Will 2 medics be able to heal beam the same target at the same time?

Gilder Pads: it would be neat if, like mech aesthetic customization able to swap shoulder pads and helmet, that glider pad particle effects could be customized too. Recalling to Firefall the glider pads would give special wings and that was it. For Em8er it would be cool to get the wings and additional custimzations such as leaving a trail of flame or bubbles or whatever (floating hearts during valentine events).

Last edited:

Chizi

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Jun 19, 2017
Taiwan
Question 1: In firefall, the founders had a permanent xp buff for themselves and the teammates, while I don't know the details of how progressions might work, are there plans to implement perks like that for the founders in em8er as well?

Question 2: While I know the states of the development is still pretty early, but in terms of monetization that doesn't involve loot boxes and subscription fees, will we be expecting periodic cosmetic content drops + QoL items that players could purchase like how warframe/Digital Extreme do with their Prime Access? If so, would we be looking at potentially new weapon/frames drops being released this way?

Question 3: Would our friends needs to be certain level of the current backer project to be able to access this new multiplayer demo or hopefully they'd only need to simply register an account on em8er.com?

Chizi

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Jun 19, 2017
Taiwan
Question 4: What are some of the guild/clan advantages we can expect besides being able to talk to a group of friends? Resource advantage? Certain guild/clan exclusive progression mechanics? Unique weaponry/ability mods?

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Question 3: Would our friends needs to be certain level of the current backer project to be able to access this new multiplayer demo or hopefully they'd only need to simply register an account on em8er.com?
1 and 2 are good questions!! I'll leave those for the Chief Chat.
Howver, this one I can answer now:

To access the test build demos OR the Playable Mockup (the last test build demo before the Kickstarter), folks need to be at the Deepscanner ($35 USD M3 pack) or Forerunner ($35 USD Newcomer pack) tiers.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Given that there is no leveling in Em-8er I don't see how XP would really serve a function. Em-8er is intended to be a skill based game so I would personally prefer not to see special treatment given to anyone, even early backers.

Also there are intended to only ever be 3 frames. And the store is intended to be cosmetic only, so no new frames or weapons in the store, but definitely weapon and frame skins.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
- Offical Em8er discord server!
- Give aways!
- @3.38 , 4.04, 4.34 alarm what could it mean food time?
- Mech has a seat no pilot perhaps a ghost hmm
- Light omni frame 1/3 taller than human, medium double height of human, heavy ominoframe little bigger than medium , plans for bigger mech yes nice :cool:
- Multi player movement build, lets dance
- Setback, never fear much coding needed C++ and things thank Mr Ben!
- Rough-polish-release cycle continues
- Grummz is his own backer @ 499s ubscriptions
- The power of waifu and husbando is strong
- mechanical assless chaps light frame exclusive!
- Grummz learned not to leave stating 45min return but instead 1 month!

Continue on Em8er Team we have some way to go i smell success

sniffs

Status
Not open for further replies.