Em-8er - a product of synchronicity?

Pave

Commander
Dec 12, 2016
twitter.com
---
(( Many years have passed since I initially wanted to write this post of mine;
this time I've been successful if you're indeed reading this text. ))

"Em-8ber" is an very interesting in-development-product of "multiple discoveries" or "simultaneous invention" from my personal perspective, who just have happened to be much slower person in general
( and this is not limited to video-games, mind you ).
Rather being a "glory thief" who claims that somehow "Crixa Labs"-folk have extracted my ideas directly from my head, I am actually happy that some other folks have shared my thought and also more than happy to try my best contributing on the brainstorming and related activities us players / customers are given a chance to.

Naturally there are various majour differences between the product I've conceptualised and Em-8ber.
But I'd say Em-8ber might become a very good "proof of concept" from which some of my other ideas could be eventually implemented into other possible future projects.

---

On this post I won't this time delve too much into the details what I had conceptualised up to this point.
But if you are interested enough to see some of the written concepts, I have few drafts in my online-storage(s) I'll link to here
( this also includes one of the original drafts I was meant to post on this forums years ago ).

Original draft of this forum-post which was meant to posted in 2017:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bhQCRjMmIkgQhx5iWy6516JGwA4TPNf7BqnUHsW5ff4/edit?usp=sharing

Original draft started in 2014 soon after the "release"-version of "Firefall":
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H1ox4VU6t43EHVXz3tAVINUVPW_8jdriWGNvZbxHovY/edit?usp=sharing

---
---

If you would like to ask some of the details that either are not at all written on my initial drafts or otherwise would ask question in relation, feel free to inquire the info here.
Just a fair warning: The answers more than likely are going to very "synchronous" to what Mark / Grummz for one has already conceptualised publicly during the question & answer-sessions and on videos.

---
---
---

Pave

Commander
Dec 12, 2016
twitter.com
---
So I was reminded more of the concept ideas I had.
And instead of making another thread, I'll continue here with the "synchronicity" in mind.

---

Anyways, this is in relation what I wrote on the "expanding world via player-owned-server-zones"-thread over here:
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/players-claiming-land-renting-servers.1422/page-3#post-44504

Topic is "Assimilators"
( and additional general lore ).

This was the main (or rather, the only) opposing faction to the "Colony", the player-faction.
Where as the Colony main goal was to simply survive, the Assimilators, as name implies, were to assimilate.

Story was that the Colony happened to be, well, just yet another regular colony that had started to eventually generate "individuality"
( I.E. in this case "players" ).
There are a lot of missing details in the pre-player-era of the Colony primarily in relation of how the Colony came to inhabit to "Bubble" from which the game starts at.
All that was left of the pre-Bubble-era of the Colony are few "Archivers" who are primarily if not only only there to keep record of the future-exploits of the Colony
( generally speaking, the "Archivers" were the developer team. But lore-wise, they weren't allowed to tell everything right away for good reasons ).

Since the Bubble could only sustain a little amount of the Colony alone, the need for expansion was needed.
This is where the "Gates" came in action
( "Gates" were in essence the servers which itself contained varied sized terrraformable-zones ).
Form here on players were to expand their living area to enable sustaining their growing colony.

However, if no precautions were made, the Assimilators would find them easier.

Eventually a similar "lose-condition" was sort of made in the "War of the Chosen" XCOM2-expansion-pack, which indeed meant that safeguarding and recover / retrieving fallen-down-players was super important in order to not let the opposing faction to gain further information of the location of your colony alongside the tech-info within the body.

Similar to "Firefall" with the "Chosen", players could have been pushed back to the very beginning, perhaps even further
( who knows, maybe in my project if the players would have completely messed, that could have been a complete closure of the game-project itself, as in lore-wise you let the development-studio of the game being kidnapped / eliminated;
that would have been a quite interestingly-funny game-history-story to be written with every possible detail alongside replay-files and such ).

---
---
---