Elder Scrolls Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2017
Hey, it's free for a weekend on steam actually that I'd probably miss since I'm visiting my family for Easter. I got steam funds to purchase it, but before I do, how would you rate the game? Is it worth checking and a blind purchase? I enjoyed FF, World Of Warcraft, so how does it compare? I've been hearing it improved a lot since it was released (and bashed for every aspect).

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Hey, it's free for a weekend on steam actually that I'd probably miss since I'm visiting my family for Easter. I got steam funds to purchase it, but before I do, how would you rate the game? Is it worth checking and a blind purchase? I enjoyed FF, World Of Warcraft, so how does it compare? I've been hearing it improved a lot since it was released (and bashed for every aspect).
HARD TO SAY. WAS TOTAL SH*T AT RELEASE. A BUDDY SAYS IT STILL CRAP DESPITE THE IMPROVEMENT. MANY SAY THE PVP IS MORE FUN THAN THE PVE.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
A bit late to reply to this I suppose, but it really depends. A lot of the guild content, as well as a few areas are locked behind DLCs, so you'll have to splash out for those or the Gold Edition if you want to join those. The combat is pretty solid, though I can only speak for first-person. The ability bar is small, and you have two weapon sets (like Diablo 2). The classes are varied enough, and you aren't restricted to certain weapons like WoW or FF. The lore is good though, if you like reading and listening to NPCs. Everything is voice acted. It does have that Elder Scrolls problem with you being the one and the final battle being poor, but the quests are interesting at times, and other players are friendly enough to give you a hand.

Personally, I don't mind it, especially since there isn't a mandatory subscription fee. Buy it if it's on sale, and get the Gold Edition if you can. Morrowind is coming out for it next month as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.