Drawing more people in with the Kickstarter - more than the gameplay loop

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
The gameplay loop is a good way to identify the direct needs for a Kickstarter.

However, a game is more than the primary gameplay loop. There are the various social aspects of it. Including basic versions of these things would help grab the attention of a different category of players.

The gameplay loop is a playable explanation of things. It shows movement and shooting and the general primary function of the game. That will get boring in the Kickstarter. This is understandable and acceptable.

However, there is another side of the Kickstarter which could be crafted to not have that wall. If the social side of things were developed well enough, then players would have opportunities for socializing.

Such social aspects are:

- Artistic customizations: Character, skin, effects
- Chat, groups
- Roleplay: Showing off, emotes, areas

Some examples.

While the primary loop is important, social players will need a space removed from it so they do not have the sights, sounds, and threats. This would be a side-area where gathering cannot be done, enemies cannot go, weapons and effects cannot occur.

A secondary roleplaying environment would only allow the player itself.

This is, in some sense, the function of "Home". I'm not suggesting that concept be implemented, but I argue it is important to have this functionality within the demo area. It should not be something like a server or a separate instance like Home. It should be directly visible and trivially travelled to and from like a base.

A simple platform with this functionality would do.

If this "right brained" side of the gameplay were implemented, it would attract the attention of a broader player base and might be able to hold more concurrent testers during Kickstarter. This is urgently important because the more raw players who are logged in and active is the more general buzz that will exist. There is a big difference between a few hundred at peak times and a few hundred who are always on hanging out.

Furthermore, if additional functionality were staged throughout the Kickstarter, then it would mimic a player's feeling of getting a new content or feature patch, or even an expansion. Beginning with a better-than-skeleton of things and then having specialized "surprise" updates would give a huge expansion.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
What if some folks playing music on the battlefield gives various boosts to the players? Kind of a mini game to keep up the boosts or just plain adds more flare to the environment.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
However, there is another side of the Kickstarter which could be crafted to not have that wall. If the social side of things were developed well enough, then players would have opportunities for socializing.
Our very first Em8er Party?

Em8er tours could also help in taking them around and letting others use Em8er rental vehicles with blue beans earned from taking part in events in the social area. These small fun sized vehicles interlinked with others or can un-link with a switch of a button.

linktime.jpg
Purpose of this make vehicle train expand Em8er tour fun even start your own!

What if some folks playing music on the battlefield gives various boosts to the players? Kind of a mini game to keep up the boosts or just plain adds more flare to the environment.
There could be a big collection of music to collect/find and if for example someone didn't like the certain music is there a filter to have it switched off or replaced with something the player prefers?

Another thing with the music is what if Em8er has got a music maker that you can create your own music.

Also something on the lines of bumper cars if vehicles are not going to be shown i'd suggest an Energy donut that goes around the waist of the pilot and every time you bump into someone you hear a crunch sound.

Once the donut is gone that's it and have to go back to the donut rezzing station.
This can be done for team matches depending how many want to play?

Donut.jpg

Earning an achievement "Survived Donut onslaught"

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Changes to boosts incoming with the Bases & Bards update!
How long are the music going to be?
Does it depending on the size of the base?

Can we have ranks of bards so a rank 1 bard could play a small tune while a bard 2 can play in a band with other bards to make the boost duration longer or more powerful etc etc

I have always wandered how it would be like to play in a band my fave instrument is the drums, although i did like the cello even though it was for a short time and quite big for my hands.

What if there are hybrid instruments in Em8er e.g. mashed of a cello and a drum we could call it the drumello!

Drumello.jpg

What if we have an escape room wouldn't it be fun to all escape away from a micro kaiju. It won't do much really just push you a bit to make life difficult.

Just like when a persistent kid grabs your leg and slows your down...could be funny and btw its great to escape out of a room to freedom to the outside world and then seal the tunnel by causing a micro avalanche.

Last edited: