Disconnects and resuming from where one left off.

I believe one of the best features Firefall has going for it, is that being sent back to the nearest respawn point (if one doesn't log back in right at the place where they happened to be, at the time) doesn't make you lose progress. Any whatsoever. And often the game throws you back right where you were when you had connection issues and you can continue, as if nothing happened.

If they could do it in Firefall, this is a must-have.

No matter how good a server they'll run and no matter how often it will be maintained, we'll still have some hiccups. That's for certain. Whether it'll be on the server's end or ours, it will help avoid immense frustration if it won't cause any loss of progress.

Jul 27, 2016
I believe one of the best features Firefall has going for it, is that being sent back to the nearest respawn point (if one doesn't log back in right at the place where they happened to be, at the time) doesn't make you lose progress. Any whatsoever. And often the game throws you back right where you were when you had connection issues and you can continue, as if nothing happened.

If they could do it in Firefall, this is a must-have.

No matter how good a server they'll run and no matter how often it will be maintained, we'll still have some hiccups. That's for certain. Whether it'll be on the server's end or ours, it will help avoid immense frustration if it won't cause any loss of progress.
Given that we'll likely be fighting with large MEK-As most of our time, maybe a disconnect would cause us to jet over to it and climb on top, essentially rendering us safe(-er) until we can reconnect. Or it explodes.

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
I hated that a disconnect in Firefall could result in you losing your Thumper. It made no sense. Why penalize the player for a disconnect from your server? It should have automatically been returned soon as you disconnected.