Did I miss the fiscal support period? :c (And some memories)

Domo

Jul 7, 2017
I just found out about this game two days ago from the PCG article being posted that FireFall has been discontinued followed by a commentor making a mention of this game.

I'm incredibly surprised (and rather frustrated) that this project has passed under my radar until just now.

I loved the original (Note: the ORIGINAL with the ORIGINAL Devs) FireFall and played for a good year and a half after I signed up on August 15th, 2012 and it was incredibly demoralizing to watch FireFall succumb to the pitfalls of terrible development management practice from Red 5. I particularly remember my period of hardcore grinding with my clan members around the time of a particular event where they offered an exclusive bike and a unique launchpad that gave you really cool wings.

I also (think) I had a really unique experience where even though I was never a Founder, I was sent the Founders Beanie and Poster. I can't remember how it came to pass and what was done, but I remember a Red 5 member contacting me about something I posted on the forums and offered me a Beanie and Poster. I received it about 3 months later. I don't have it anymore because I recall my Mom throwing out the brown tube the Beanie and Poster came in while I was at work one day. I was pretty livid.

On to the point: there any way I can donate $15 - $20 or is the fiscal support period over?

I really want to see Em8er's vision rise and make true to what FireFall was originally meant to be.

Just one final note of a memory to celebrate the original FireFall and (hopefully) Em8er's rise:

The first time I heard the noise of a THMPR when I called it down during the tutorial, I was given chills. I'm an audiophile to some extent and strongly believe that sound is a critical component of any game. It could quite definitively make or break a game.

All other sound just seemed to disappear for a brief moment and all I could hear was the low and swooping pounding from the THMPR. I'll never forget that.

Anyway, in any case, regardless if I can or cannot donate anymore, I look forward to Em8er's progress and can't wait to see what happens.

If there ever comes a time where I can donate through some convoluted method, I'd love if the Devs could let me know personally! I'll be there! <3

FinnyWinny

Deepscanner
Feb 4, 2017
Fairly sure the funding is over for now but once they complete the mockup of the game there will be a kickstarter campaign where you'll be able to back it but I think you've unfortunately missed most of the goodies they were providing for support in the previous campaign. Lets hope all goes well with the development though.

Thunderstrike

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Aug 29, 2016
I just found out about this game two days ago from the PCG article being posted that FireFall has been discontinued followed by a commentor making a mention of this game.

I'm incredibly surprised (and rather frustrated) that this project has passed under my radar until just now.

I loved the original (Note: the ORIGINAL with the ORIGINAL Devs) FireFall and played for a good year and a half after I signed up on August 15th, 2012 and it was incredibly demoralizing to watch FireFall succumb to the pitfalls of terrible development management practice from Red 5. I particularly remember my period of hardcore grinding with my clan members around the time of a particular event where they offered an exclusive bike and a unique launchpad that gave you really cool wings.

I also (think) I had a really unique experience where even though I was never a Founder, I was sent the Founders Beanie and Poster. I can't remember how it came to pass and what was done, but I remember a Red 5 member contacting me about something I posted on the forums and offered me a Beanie and Poster. I received it about 3 months later. I don't have it anymore because I recall my Mom throwing out the brown tube the Beanie and Poster came in while I was at work one day. I was pretty livid.

On to the point: there any way I can donate $15 - $20 or is the fiscal support period over?

I really want to see Em8er's vision rise and make true to what FireFall was originally meant to be.

Just one final note of a memory to celebrate the original FireFall and (hopefully) Em8er's rise:

The first time I heard the noise of a THMPR when I called it down during the tutorial, I was given chills. I'm an audiophile to some extent and strongly believe that sound is a critical component of any game. It could quite definitively make or break a game.

All other sound just seemed to disappear for a brief moment and all I could hear was the low and swooping pounding from the THMPR. I'll never forget that.

Anyway, in any case, regardless if I can or cannot donate anymore, I look forward to Em8er's progress and can't wait to see what happens.

If there ever comes a time where I can donate through some convoluted method, I'd love if the Devs could let me know personally! I'll be there! <3
For the time being, there's no way to back Ember now that M3 has been funded. The good news is that in 7-8 months the first and final Kickstarter will happen to fund the game's full-time development, so save up a bit if you want some nice rewards.

That being said, for the time being the devs are offering a full credit on what you paid as an FF founder for use in Ember's cosmetics store when the game launches. So long as you posted at least once on the FF forums, you should be good to do it. https://em8er.com/firefall-founders-and-firefall-player-credit-program/

Please do it soon as the forums may shut down soon. They might already be at the time I post this.

Last edited: