Development schedule and finanacing Question

Beerdog6

Firstclaimer
Aug 1, 2016
Is there a thread with a development schedule and something about financing? I know there has already been a initial backers financing. But I know this will take more.

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Is there a thread with a development schedule and something about financing? I know there has already been a initial backers financing. But I know this will take more.
It was the web site funding. There was no Ember funding campaign yet. Mark just wanna see how many ppl are interested before starting the development, afaik

Nellana

Jul 29, 2016
Well the interest is there and building a small prototype in the unreal 4 engine aint the real issue either, whats the killer is paying the guys who build that prototype. Everyone seems to forget devs need to pay bills and feed their famielys.
If its just to build a prototype, that can be done in a matter of a couple months by a single guy if talented enough.
The Unreal Engine is very very good and you can do even if your unexpirianced alot of things with it.

As the saying goes "If you build it, they will come", but it is all a matter of getting the right devs onboard.
And they aint gona spend 8-10 hours a day working on a project for free. I just hope Mark is gona setup a Prototype crowndfunding soon.

RaZoR

Death Reaper
Jul 26, 2016
It's going to take a lot more cheddar than crowd funding.
Get a few good backers in for a launch, and hope steam needs a petabyte of bandwidth, to stop it's servers crashing.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
We're about to announce our next funding goal to help bring Ember closer to a playable test prototype.

The first funding was for $250 to make a website. IndieGoGo sets a minimum of $500 so we made it flexible funding. It was really just to see if the community was willing to take the next step and fund the idea of *beginning* the development of the game. Quite a few fans expressed concern that we would not be able to raise it at this early stage, or that it would do more harm than good. I myself was skeptical.

Then you guys all surprised everyone.

We raised 600% of our goal. We funded in less than 30 minutes and sold out of all packs. So we put up stretch goals to actually start on the game: concept art and blueprints for the T.H.M.P.R., the player, and the iconic enemy (our version of "The Chosen"). You guys smashed through that. And so, here we are: a forum, a website, a game being designed, and art that will be delivered very shortly. Next step will be getting the models done so we can put them into Unreal 4.

3D art is a very expensive goal. Art is one of the most costly parts of making a game these days, so we are focusing on building only what we need to get the game to its first playable test prototype. The T.H.M.P.R. will be six weeks of modeling alone, then it must be textured, materials applied, etc. and this does not include any animations.

We'll be announcing the next goal soon, when we've completed and shipped out all the art to backers that funded the initial milestone. We don't have a roadmap beyond that, since we are taking things step by step and won't know the requirements of the goal after that because if you guys keep exceeding goals, we can do more each funding step.

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
This is pretty legit and important question. Everyone is pretty hyped and excited, but in reality I think this will be much more difficult and challenging than what people expect.
FireFall had millions of dollars in funding with full blown dev team full of talented people, and things were taking a while there.
I am really interested at how things will be taking off with Ember, and what timeframes we will be looking at between the planned builds.
Basically it will be baby steps for a while, at least until the game gets more attention and therefore hopefully more support.

Edit* got ninjed by Mark while I was typing this, nice :)

Last edited: