• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Aug 14, 2016
I still remember the Derp Ships in FireFall. The ones that did things like fly backwards while spinning around. And one ship that kept flying really low to the ground and right through the mountain from time to time. Oh and let's not forget about the Derp Ship that would randomly kill players without warning by kicking them out without a glider or by flying into the Melding with you still aboard and not letting you jump out. lol

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
I still remember the Derp Ships in FireFall. The ones that did things like fly backwards while spinning around. And one ship that kept flying really low to the ground and right through the mountain from time to time. Oh and let's not forget about the Derp Ship that would randomly kill players without warning by kicking them out without a glider or by flying into the Melding with you still aboard and not letting you jump out. lol
Exactly! And we're getting drop ships anyways so might as well have the nostalgia with it. I mean there's gonna be bugs with them for sure.

Aug 14, 2016
We should also make sure that they take at least 20 minutes circling in vague hover patterns in order to land so that it is an absolute requirement that we have to jump out of them even without a glider to avoid losing our sanity.
Remember that bug in FireFall where sometimes rather than landing the derp ship would just start flying upwards until you was in outer space? The ship was like, "I must to go. My people need me." lol

Aug 14, 2016
Can one of the pilots of a Derp ship be named Muffin? Back in the days of FireFall would sometimes joke that Derpy Hooves from My Little Pony was piloting my ship when it is did things like fly backwards and/or spin around like a top. In latter seasons of the show they renamed Derpy into Muffin for reasons. But I think the joke would still be valid. lol

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Can one of the pilots of a Derp ship be named Muffin? Back in the days of FireFall would sometimes joke that Derpy Hooves from My Little Pony was piloting my ship when it is did things like fly backwards and/or spin around like a top. In latter seasons of the show they renamed Derpy into Muffin for reasons. But I think the joke would still be valid. lol

Aug 14, 2016
Can be just officially named Drop Ship, but with some NPC conversation mocks it as Derp Ship because sometimes it doesn't land correctly or something flying in circle.
How about there is a small animal in the game that is attracted to things like heat and/or vibrations. And it has the habit of doing things like making nest inside of things and chewing on wires. They are neutral alien race of beings in the war, they are just as much of a pain to the Tsi-Hu as they are to the Humans. We can call this little gremlin-like brings Derps. This could also mirror how back in the days of things like WWII some people way their are gremlins around when machines would fail or breakdown for no good reason. Plus you can make a mission based on those old movies about gremlins on an airplane destroying thing making it more likely to crash. Replace "There is a gremlin on the wing!" with "There is a Derp on the wing!"

*And now I'm reminded of those old cartoons where people like Bugs Bunny would be fighting against gremlins on a military base or airplane as part those cartoons that came out during and shortly after the war.*

Sayan

Firstclaimer
Nov 18, 2016
I forgot this was a thing for a while. You end up with DERPships and STACKslips when your transportation loses sight of the destination. Gremlins huh, I remember reading wartime stories, where every hardware malfunction was blamed on gremlins. In Em-8er you can probably blame space-time distortions messing with navigation.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I might be showing my age here. But I remember things like this as a kid.
we all are big kids just with more responsibilities :O

I forgot this was a thing for a while. You end up with DERPships and STACKslips when your transportation loses sight of the destination. Gremlins huh, I remember reading wartime stories, where every hardware malfunction was blamed on gremlins. In Em-8er you can probably blame space-time distortions messing with navigation.
was anyone inside that derpship at the time and if so could they have jumped into the storm?
It looks like a fun merry go round :D

Sayan

Firstclaimer
Nov 18, 2016
was anyone inside that derpship at the time and if so could they have jumped into the storm?
It looks like a fun merry go round :D
Maybe if you happened to be in it when it took off, doesn't seem like there's a prompt appearing when I hover close. There were spots where 3-4 ships would cirlce at the same time, that looked even more strange. Much less fun was when one of those decided to take you through the melding to OCT, the dropship survives, but the passengers don't.