Decals and tags

Aug 14, 2016
This thread is all about drawing on walls and stuff. So if you had the ability to draw on objects in the game what would it be? This started out with me just wanted to spray paint "All your bases are belong to us!" on the walls of an enemy stronghold. Post your ideas for things you would like to put on the stuff.

Some other tags I would like are no kaiju crossing sign and an image of a tunnel with a person standing in it (like in the old cartoons when they trick people into running into walls and stuff).

Aug 3, 2016
France
Hi everyone,

pity no graffiti !!!

if you want decals on you no worries, besides you can already buy some "bad backers" for 3.95d
https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/6

Already we see IRL too much graffiti that is not artistic, purely polishing both for nature and for the view. And I do not even speak then of the possibilities that would be open (forbidden sign like Nazi cross, or call to murders etc ...)
And just for that too much freedom I think it will never be possible in the game and all the better.

On the other hand, I suppose there will be more decalc available in the future.

Aug 14, 2016
I understand what you are saying. But I was thinking more along the lines of what other games do. Things like Warframe, Paladins, Overwatch, and the like let's players tag walls and other objects in the game for fun. And in Warframe case a lot of the tags are player created things that have been approved by the devs themselves. It helps to ensure that no one can use the tags for ill will.

In some games players would tag walls and stuff to let other players know that they are guarding the area. If you are doing something like an area defense where you need to protect multiple places at once. Going around and checking what areas have tags and which ones don't is just a fast way to know what area is covered or not without having to wast time typing to people in chat. Even more so in game where a lot of stuff can be happening at once so people ignore the chat.

Also there are some games without a chat. Players can only talk using stickers and images. This a lots everyone to get basic ideas across without the need to understand other people's languages. For example, you know a powerful boss attack is about to happen and you want to warn your teammates in such a game. You just use the sticker of a character hiding behind a large shield blocking attacks. Although I mostly only see this being done in mobile games. With the only real limiting factor being how many different types of stickers their are can you string them together to get complex thoughts across if you wanted to.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
I think there are a METRIC TON of ideas I could list for decals and stickers if I thought long enough.
So instead I'll just list two:

I'd love to see some decals for things like Big Al's Tuna and Larry's Luau (or maybe ones with similar names if the devs can't do the originals).

Omnires, I like your idea here about being able to use them for communications too ...
Also there are some games without a chat. Players can only talk using stickers and images. This a lots everyone to get basic ideas across without the need to understand other people's languages.

Aug 14, 2016
A kaiju rabbit eating a carrot like bugs bunny, also a motorbike with lightening around it, but i wonder can this sprays have a small sounds to indicate the spray was used hmm
In some mobile games where they use images to talk rather than having a chat system a lot of them do make sounds when they are used. For example if I use the one of the greetings stickers I'll hear something like "Hello" as the image pops up while at the same time other players will hear hello in their own language. So most of them not say words be rather sound bites and short bites of music with the image.

And so with that in mind. I think I would like my personal banner/decal pop up with the sound of a lightning strike and explosion. That way when I help random people I can say super cheesey lines like "There is no need to fear. Omnires is here." *Uses his personal decal for the sound effects you make an heroic entrance. Lol.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
so with that in mind. I think I would like my personal banner/decal pop up with the sound of a lightning strike and explosion. That way when I help random people I can say super cheesey lines like "There is no need to fear. Omnires is here." *Uses his personal decal for the sound effects you make an heroic entrance. Lol.
There could be many styles and even packs with different themes such as hero pack, kaiju pack with roars and strange effects, and more.

Even though its cheesy lines, it is fun too some might prefer more straight talk etc