Damage Inc Recruiting

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
Hey guys, wanted to let you know about this quite impressive gaming community I joined. Damage Inc is a global gaming community with around 1000 members and divisions in a lot of games (OverWatch, PUBG, FORTNITE, LOL, Rocket League, Rainbow 6 Siege, Rust, ARK, CS:GO, Dota 2) with most games having an EU and an NA division. They have events pretty much every day, tournaments and stuff and are very friendly to new people.

There are some rules about joining and staying in the community, but it is pretty normal stuff (use TS whenever you are in a game, check the forums at least once every 3 days and take part in some events) (no events are mandatory and there are separate events for EU and NA, but you can join whoever you want) (for Aus the same, join what events you can).

They are a lot of players active and can usually find people to play with no matter what hour

I will put some links below, but if you do decide to join, i would ask of you to write my name in the "Where did you learn about Damage inc" question on the application, i will get some REP for it (REP is explained below).

https://di.community/topic/2-~how-to-join-damage-incorporated~/

Thanks for your attention

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
With gaming communities it would be good to spread the word on em8er too perhaps they will take an interest in em8er & play when it is complete!

The only thing that puts me off gaming clans/communities that sometimes it can be saturated and may not get the help as often.
A small group for me is what i like personally, but not trying to say its all bad, for me though seem more comfortable playing in a smaller group
just my preference.

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
i already did a post on their forums about em8er. And the way they are organized is in divisions. and when em8er becomes playable i would like to form a division for em8er. in the meantime, being part of it means that i can take part in a lot of events. Also you will play with mostly the same people.I joined with the game Overwatch and got placed in a division and in a team, a team with which i will practice, play competitive and take part in tournaments.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Seems well organised, as much as id like to, TS is a bit of the past time, discord is the go, not cause its new, but its functionality.
Cant login everyday, i play games loads but im even more busy with work :eek:
They're my only 2 barriers but i wouldn't mind getting on-board ^.^

I joined with the game Overwatch and got placed in a division and in a team, a team with which i will practice, play competitive and take part in tournaments.
I just sit on Diamond borderline, decay :p

Last edited:

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
Seems well organised, as much as id like to, TS is a bit of the past time, discord is the go, not cause its new, but its functionality.
Cant login everyday, i play games loads but im even more busy with work :eek:
They're my only 2 barriers but i wouldn't mind getting on-board ^.^

I just sit on Diamond borderline, decay :p
PROBLEMS WITH DISCORD FOR GENERAL CLAN ACTIVITY

LESS ORGANIZED AND COMPACT Teamspeak allows the whole clan to be on one server while still being organized and relatively compact. Members can make temporary labelled rooms for "other specific activities" such as streaming, movie watching, and playing under-represented games on Teamspeak that automatically dissolve when empty. We have 200+ permanent voice channels on our Teamspeak, which would translate into a mess on discord.

VOICE COMMUNICATION IS OPTIONAL Teamspeak automatically places users in a voice room, promoting a vocal presence among members and users have to go out of their way to mute themselves and remove themselves from the community. In contrast, voice communication in discord is not encouraged. Voice rooms take up only a small portion of the interface, and users can completely ignore entering voice rooms outside events.

ONLY ONE TAG Discord only allows 1 tag immediately visible, and one must hover over a user to see additional information. Teamspeak, however, let's us easily identify people at a glance by their rank, division, main game, secondary game, and awards.

LESS SECURE IP Addresses aren't logged, giving us little control in terms of IP banning and cross referencing malicious users with our forums to pinpoint who it was. IP Address bans are more effective than Discord ID bans. On discord, we cannot effectively ban, and we have no ability to safeguard user information because we do not host the server directly.

LESS TECH SUPPORT Because we pay for our Teamspeak server, we can bring up issues with the company and be readily served by technical support. Meanwhile, discord is free, and thus, we have no leverage over quality. We have moved our Teamspeak hosting providers several times already because of quality issues.

this is the official post regarding TS. Also, they do events like one we had y-day where 400 people showed up for a clan meeting. They tried to do that once on Discord and it crashed. They know TS is older and not that "hot" anymore, but they are waiting for TS4 to come out at some point to move to that (no news about it yet, but with discord out, i am sure the TS team is working on it).

And you don't have to game everyday. You have to login on TS at least once every 10 days. Check the forums (ie log into them) once every 3 days. The main thing is that you need to be on TS when you play games, even if you are in afk.

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
And tbh, you have nothing to lose. You can join, see if you like it or not and if not leave. But if you do, it is amazing. The last few days i played games i haven't in a long time, like Rocket League, Golf it, a bit of Fortnite, and all with random players from DI that i will now play often with. Give it a go, see if you like it