Cyberpunk treatment for Ember?

Do you like Cyberpunk

• Total voters

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
And? Such tribalization resulting from factions breaking off from the main is what could lead to different layers in a newly forming society. Opposition. Putting social order at risk.
Still it's not cyberpunk. I don't mind if Ember will incorporate cyberpunk elements, but pure CP will not fit. As I already stated - it's my own opinion, no need to start a war. Peace!

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
I think a steampunk/cyberpunk look could work...grummz is looking into reapers (the players) being in a mek that has transparent shielding so your reaper AND the mek are both seen...talk about cosmetic customization options (for the reaper and mek). Other than wilderness resource gathering there is base building...that's kinda social even if it's just one player's base...also if some deep space salvage (ie going into derelict or enemy faction star ships) that could have a look and/or feel of those genre's too. Just a thought...

Jul 31, 2016
For the mercenary/government faction? No.

As aliens, I could see that being something awesome. We could retain the hivemind aesthetic the Chosen had, and make their ultimate goal the same: consume the universe. Except, instead of a malignant sentient wizard fart (???) it's a legion of cyborgs and robots.

We are the Borg.
Strogg from Quake 2/4 comes to mind.
Not a single race but exactly that, a hivemind that fuses organic flesh from aliens and humans with cybernetics.

Jul 27, 2016
Does it matter if it deviates form Cyberpunk? Not really. Ember is Crixa first and foremost. If I remember correctly then in Crixa we have 28 different isolated worlds/factions that come together thru FTL travel. Now if one or two of those factions happened to have a turning point in history where they embraced mechanization/computerization then that would be cool.

Civilizations dismantling their home planets to build mega-structures:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megastructure#Theoretical

Civilizations that live as cyborgs with a life expectancy of 800 years.
Civilizations that uploaded a copy of themselves into a supercomputer like the Matrioshka brain and live in a matrix like world. Copies of citizens would be uploaded into robots to fight off invaders.
Civilazations living in peas inside a Topopolis

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Like a few have mentioned in the thread, might be good for an enemy type, a hive mind that sends borg/quake-like troops to attack biodomes and capture people to make into more drones.