Cyberpunk treatment for Ember?

Do you like Cyberpunk

• Total voters
Jul 27, 2016
Could Ember have some (read: a lot of) Cyberpunk?

I read the Manga called Blame! from Tsutomu Nihei and it blew my mind. I've extracted some of the pages from the manga to show what I mean:

Character design:
image from Blame! 1 -  The Net's Offspring-11.jpg image from Blame! 1 -  The Net's Offspring-16.jpg
image from Blame! 4 -  The Authorities-20.jpg
image from Blame! 7 -  The Builders-18.jpg image from Blame! 7 -  The Builders-19.jpg

image from Blame! 9.3 -  Nest-Ruine 3-4.jpg

image from Blame! 10.2-17.jpg

image from Blame! 10.3-5.jpg

image from Blame! 11-31.jpg

image from Blame! 12-17.jpg

You can only upload 10 files/post D:

Jul 27, 2016
For the mercenary/government faction? No.

As aliens, I could see that being something awesome. We could retain the hivemind aesthetic the Chosen had, and make their ultimate goal the same: consume the universe. Except, instead of a malignant sentient wizard fart (???) it's a legion of cyborgs and robots.

We are the Borg.

Jul 27, 2016
To clarify, Not everything will be Cyberpunk. Certain enemies, and character customization. Maybe one of the multiple existing factions.

Btabc

Veteran
Jul 28, 2016
Florida
www.facebook.com
I don't know if cyber punk would be for this game... (from what I've seen), however if there was a mixture of the two then I THINK there might be something to go from. Or perhaps some older ships could have a "steampunk" feel to them? Or perhaps we start out with a old busted up ship that we have to keep upgrading to make it a nice shiny one? Eh there are possibilities.

Something similar to this perhaps? The companion... not too sure about the person....

Other than that, nice images provided :)

Jul 26, 2016
Read NOiSE first, It's a prequel. The whole story is vague at times because there isn't much dialogue but it made my stomach drop and euphoric from time to time.
noise had a sequel? that's another one for my reading list.

yeah... if we do get multiple worlds... having a world that is all machinery like that would be interesting than seeing every world look roughly the same.

I like cyberpunk, but I think the flavor of this game will be pure SciFi.
Perhaps a little bit of cyberpunk. Like the Ophanim or Chimera factions in FF. There should be factions or people that try to merge tech with flesh and with mind. Cybernetic upgrades. But, not overly mental, like Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Something between Deus Ex and Remember Me. Something tasteful. Or in the case of bad guys it can be fugly. Just to keep them in that box. Deny them any chance of getting a job, so they couldn't escape their criminal ways and would forever be condemned to play the part of the villain. Mwhaha.