Customizable Omniframe: Different movesets?

Luisedgm

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Supposing that there will be no classes and the omniframe will be modular:
What if different omniframe modules changed the ways your character could move?
Glider could be a back/shoulder module
Jetpack could be both back/shoulder and leg, so you can choose any of those to be your jetpack
Grappling hooks on Arms modules
Leg modules could also include dashing, double jumping, walking on vertical surfaces, or even jetskating (megaman legends style)

Players who like being airborne could specialize their frames to stay on air as much as possible, while players who prefer to stay in solid land could have greater speed and maybe dash arround by sacrificing their aerial capacities.

OziriusSVK

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Slovakia
Glider could be a back/shoulder module
Jetpack could be both back/shoulder and leg, so you can choose any of those to be your jetpack
Grappling hooks on Arms modules
Leg modules could also include dashing, double jumping, walking on vertical surfaces, or even jetskating (megaman legends style)
Nice idea of multipurpose of gear :D

I dont have anything against permanent flight as travel option, but permanent flight in combat is very problematic, because it is very hard (almost impossible, because I didnt see any game which made it, if you know any please link it) to make challenging, tactic, fluid and enjoyable fight scenario, when almost all action (structures, units, ...) is focused on surface of a planet. Check solo thumping in CB of FF:

You can notice, player is always in move, his strategy is to agro small creatures and fast kill big ones, it is not best video to found, but it is enough to show fluid (and I think enjoyable ) combat. With permanent air combat I dont know how could we get such combat. In space game, where is lots of spaceships or game with aeroplanes I dont see a problem. But here we would need to combine air and ground combat with lots of small creatures (I dont see any fun in killing ground units when players are always in air, with no way how creatures would reach him, or make all creatures to shoot? or fly? I dont like new FF where almost all creatures can shoot). We would loose that part in combat where you need to run away from creatures that are hunting you, we would be only dodging long range attacks and dropping aoe on enemy.
This is only my opinion, because I dont know way how to do it. If anyone have idea how, please share and discuss.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
My idea is that the Leg items(has a passive aspect, active aspect is activated with space) and back items(activated with shift) determine your movement:
In the "acrobatic" moveset, the leg item allows you to wall ride, climb, and stick, while the back item is a grappling cannon that can stick to walls or players
In the "Flight" moveset, the leg item are jumpjets, while the back item is soaring afterburner
In the "Superspeed" moveset, the leg item allows Leaping(think Hulk and Winston) and boosts base movement speed, while the back item accelerates the player to superspeed

Luisedgm

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Nice idea of multipurpose of gear :D

I dont have anything against permanent flight as travel option, but permanent flight in combat is very problematic, because it is very hard (almost impossible, because I didnt see any game which made it, if you know any please link it) to make challenging, tactic, fluid and enjoyable fight scenario, when almost all action (structures, units, ...) is focused on surface of a planet. Check solo thumping in CB of FF:

You can notice, player is always in move, his strategy is to agro small creatures and fast kill big ones, it is not best video to found, but it is enough to show fluid (and I think enjoyable ) combat. With permanent air combat I dont know how could we get such combat. In space game, where is lots of spaceships or game with aeroplanes I dont see a problem. But here we would need to combine air and ground combat with lots of small creatures (I dont see any fun in killing ground units when players are always in air, with no way how creatures would reach him, or make all creatures to shoot? or fly? I dont like new FF where almost all creatures can shoot). We would loose that part in combat where you need to run away from creatures that are hunting you, we would be only dodging long range attacks and dropping aoe on enemy.
This is only my opinion, because I dont know way how to do it. If anyone have idea how, please share and discuss.
anti-air homing missiles could be used to counter airborne players in pvp
flying creatures could be used to counter them in pve

there is always a way to balance things out